ONN – According to a City of Oakland Official, the Oakland Bulk & Oversized Terminal is a net help for Oakland’s environment.
Fred Blackwell, Oakland’s head of Economic Development and the early point-person for the Oakland Army Base Redevelopment Project, touted the Insight Terminal Solutions Oakland Bulk & Oversized Terminal (OBOT) as a “gift” to the “environmental community” in this video clip based on an earlier video-blog interview posted August 16th, 2012.
Blackwell, now CEO of The San Francisco Foundation, as well as Insight Terminal Solutions, have pointed to Oakland Developer Phil Tagami’s Oakland Global and the Oakland Bulk & Oversized Terminal within it as having an an environmental advantage because of its fast and close rail-to-ship design layout.
The format is projected to result in a reduction of thousands of truck movements per year through West Oakland. Trucks were found to be a leading cause of air pollution in Oakland.
This video has not been referred to in the mainstream media, yet it has been on Zennie62 on YouTube since 2012. One more reason why the OBOT developers brought their story to Zennie62Media – it was being ignored by those same publications and TV news broadcasts.
One fact that also remains untold: the Oakland Bulk and Oversized Terminal is planned to use covered hopper cars, not open hopper cars. Covered hopper cars dramatically reduce bulk commodity emissions.
In addition to the use of covered hopper cars, the Oakland Global Rail Enterprise (OGRE) engine is an officially-rate low emissions design, specifically created to be used for the Oakland Bulk and Oversized Terminal.
As Blackwell explains, the City of Oakland knew OBOT was to handle minerals like coal and iron ore before it said it did not: https://ift.tt/2XuLcwp
Oakland News Now Note: this post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest version of an experimental Zennie62Media mobile media video-blogging system network – part of a new approach to the production of media. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and social media pages. The objective is real-time on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. We are constantly working to improve the system network coding and also seek interested content and media technology partners.
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Patriots LB Matt Judon on playing in New England without Tom Brady | KJM October 28, 2021
- Budget 2021: Government ‘resetting fiscal policy in quite a big way’ October 28, 2021
- Oura CEO Rai on wearable health tech, new Gen3 fitness ring October 28, 2021
- President Biden expected to meet with House Democrats ahead of major foreign trip October 28, 2021
- Tornadoes, severe weather tear apart homes and down trees across Texas and Louisiana October 28, 2021
- Renewable energy storage not prepared for transition: BofA’s Blanch October 28, 2021
- NBA Picks 10/28/2021 | Free NBA Bets, Picks, and Predictions October 28, 2021
- Moscow on the first day of new coronavirus lockdown October 28, 2021
- ‘Subminimum’ Pay for Disabled Workers Moves Closer to Extinction October 28, 2021
- Merck earnings beat on top and bottom lines, raises forecast October 28, 2021
- Biden To Announce New Social Spending Framework Expected To Win Support Of All Dems October 28, 2021
- Pittsburgh Man Sends Care Packages To Venezuela October 28, 2021
- GOP senators erupt at Garland in heated hearing. Cooper says they misrepresent the facts October 28, 2021
- Brock Lesnar destroys groups of Superstars: WWE Top 10, Oct. 28, 2021 October 28, 2021
- O.J. Howard on Career High Performance vs. Eagles | Slice October 28, 2021
- Sally Yates reveals battle with breast cancer October 28, 2021
- SEC indicates it won’t approve leveraged Bitcoin ETF, WSJ reports October 28, 2021
- General Hospital Tease | October 28th, 2021 October 28, 2021
- Capitol Hill riots: Republican lawmakers ask whether the FBI was involved October 28, 2021
- “All roads lead to Xavi” 👀 | What’s next for Barcelona after Koeman’s sacking? October 28, 2021
- FIFA 22 | Tottenham vs Manchester United – English Premier League 2021/22 – Full Gameplay October 28, 2021
- Fantasy Premier League GAMEWEEK 10 – Team Selection, Must Owns & Who to Avoid! With Olivia Buzaglo October 28, 2021
- Greene: There’s going to be an energy crunch, with prices staying higher for longer October 28, 2021
- Aureus CEO Firestone on what to look for in Apple, Amazon earnings October 28, 2021
- Hussein sentencing: ‘It’s all a performance to elicit sympathy’ October 28, 2021
- Mushkin: Amazon is building an unprecedented logistics network that has no rival October 28, 2021
- Astros even World Series with impressive 7-2 Game 2 triumph October 28, 2021
- Families reflect on World Series Game 2 as Braves lose to Astros 7-2 October 28, 2021
- ‘We Didn’t Worry’: Renewable Energy May Be Solution For Those Vulnerable To Power Outages October 28, 2021
- Watch Rachel Maddow Highlights: October 27th | MSNBC October 28, 2021
- BREAKING: Danyal Hussein jailed for 35 years for murder of Bibaa Henry and Nicole Smallman October 28, 2021
- Unique 3 flavour chaat || stylish Banana chat by Afshan Ansari Food Network. October 28, 2021
- Raymond James’ Chris Caso on what to expect from Apple’s Q3 earnings October 28, 2021
- Glenview Trust’s Bill Stone: Financials, industrials presenting opportunity October 28, 2021
- 2022 Chevrolet Silverado PICK UP Truck : SEE FIRST LOOK Good business October 28, 2021
- Watch The Beat With Ari Melber Highlights: October 27th | MSNBC October 28, 2021
- France Begins Process of Handing Back Looted African Treasures October 28, 2021
- CBSN Originals | The New Pro-Gun Generation October 28, 2021
- Ludacris Discusses New Venture Into TV | Zerlina. October 28, 2021
- Putin’s order to fill Gazprom’s EU storage facilities prompts gas prices to fall October 28, 2021