ONN – Insight Terminal Solutions Oakland Bulk And Oversized Terminal Update On Coal Politics In Richmond, CA
In this Oakland Bulk And Oversized Terminal and Insight Terminal Solutions update, we find the political winds shifting toward favorable views of bulk terminals that handle coal, or coal terminals. It can’t be stressed enough that the Oakland Bulk And Oversized Terminal is not a coal terminal, but it is a bulk terminal that handles coal and other commodities.
Richmond California Planning Commission Approves Legislation Impacting Terminal That Handles Coal
The Coal and Petroleum Coke Ordinance, if passed, would call for a phasing out of storage of coal. But the legislation, if passed, would essentially save and exempt the Levin-Richmond Port, which employs 60 people – all union jobs. (Note, Insight Terminal Solutions CEO John Siegel has no business interest or ties to the Richmond coal terminal issue.)
The Richmond California Planning Commission voted unanimously for the ordinance.
The result and the reaction by the one media organization that reported on it, presents what’s become a sad disconnect between jobs creation and the environment on the part of climate change activists. At a time when technological change is erasing jobs, the climate change activists seem determined to get rid of any form of employment they deem as “dirty”, and without asking how technology can be employed to solve the problem. Consider this entry by the Bay City Beacon:
Five hours later, the Richmond Planning Commission made an unanimous choice between possible health impacts and jobs: jobs.
Richmond’s homeless population was said to have increased to 270 people in 2018. Given the overall rise of those homeless population numbers in California, it would not be surprising to find the tally higher in 2019. The climate change activists don’t seem to care that the ordinance in total points the way toward lower emissions, and they don’t at all offer any technology that might help save jobs and reduce emissions. The climate change activists just don’t seem to be bothered by creating more homeless people. That, then, explains why their efforts fail more often than not. Jobs and emissions reduction can go together, and historically in America, have.
In the case of Insight Terminal Solutions OBOT, every effort has been made to reduce emissions, from use of the low-emission Oakland Global Rail Enterprise rail engine, to covered rail cars.
Closed Eastern Utah Coal Mine To Start Up Again, Could Bring Up To 400 Jobs
That heading is the headline from The Salt Lake Tribune.
It reports that:
Executives with Wolverine Fuels, Utah’s largest coal producer, told a legislative panel last week that it holds leases on 58 million tons of recoverable coal on a tract near Orangeville it calls Fossil Rock. The coal can be accessed through Trail Mountain’s sealed portals.
“We have plans to breach those seals and begin mining as early as next year,” Vice President of Operations Garrett Atwood told an interim committee.
“It would be a boon to the Utah economy. … We are talking in the neighborhood of 100 employees,” Atwood added. “These are all high-paying jobs in a rural economy.”
Wolverine plans to convert the mine from a continuous to a long-wall operation, he said, which would employ between 300 and 400.
And it’s relevance to the Oakland Bulk and Oversized Terminal and the work of Phil Tagami and Insight Terminal Solutions is clear. Read:
“There is this notion that coal is dying, [but] we can’t hire enough qualified people right now,” Atwood said. “We have been growing and hiring more people at each of our mines. There is an opportunity to keep growing. We see the export market picking up and continue to be strong. As long as we can maintain access to the ports, we will continue to sell our coal overseas — even though the U.S. market may be declining.”
Emery is one of four Utah coal counties that sought to invest $53 million in an export terminal under development in Oakland, Calif., before the project became mired in controversy after East Bay activists and elected officials got wind of the plans to ship coal.
Many local officials opposed coal being handled in Oakland, which passed an ordinance banning coal. A federal judge has since invalidated that ban.
“If that port would go through, it would enable them to load more coal out for export,” Sitterud said. “But right now the environmentalists are causing so much problems with that Oakland port, I’m not sure whether it will ever come to fruition.”
Known then as Bowie Resource Partners, Wolverine arrived in Utah in 2013, when it bought three of the state’s most productive coal mines, as well as rail load outs and coal-processing plants. It also acquired a company called Fossil Rock Resources, which held several coal leases between the Trail Mountain and Cottonwood mines, from PacifiCorp, the utility that operates the nearby Hunter and Huntington coal-fired power plants.
Atwood expects Fossil Rock to help supply those plants with high-quality coal that he said holds 11,500 British thermal units per pound and less than 0.6% percent sulfur. The mine is located a few miles up Cottonwood Creek from the road between Orangeville and Joe’s Valley Reservoir in the Wasatch Plateau.
Fake News About Coal In Mainstream Media
In closing, this observation: there’s a lot of fake news in mainstream media, today. The two articles liked to were peppered with myths about coal and devoid of any attempt to fully report why Worldwide demand for coal has remained steady and what coal is used for other than energy production – like making steel for use in skyscrapers. Thus, the idea that coal is “phasing out” but the numbers only apply for America, not for the World.
The real focus should be applying technology to the reduction of emissions, not throwing people out of their jobs.
Oakland News Now Note: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest version of an experimental Zennie62Media mobile media video-blogging system network. This is a major part of our new approach to the production of news media. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and also seek interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Readout of Biden Administration Convening to Discuss and Address Semiconductor Supply Chain September 23, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Vs Dolphins Won’t Be Aired On Some Tv Market In California By Eric Pangilinan September 23, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Defense Is The Key To Victory In Week By Eric Pangilinan September 23, 2021
- RecallOakland.com Website For Stupid Idea Of Recalling Mayor Schaaf Months Before She’s Termed Out September 23, 2021
- Nintendo Reveals Cast For The Mario Movie in 2022. Yes This Is Real, By: Vinny Lospinuso September 23, 2021
- BREAKING: Arrest Warrant Issued for Brian Laundrie in Gabby Petito’s Death September 23, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Tom Flores To Receive Hall Of Fame Ring At Allegiant Stadium By Eric Pangilinan September 23, 2021
- Justin Fields First NFL Start Will Come Against The Browns | Pat McAfee Reacts September 23, 2021
- Coach Bradley, Coach Olson, Denzel Perryman and Kenyan Drake Presser – 9.23.21 | Las Vegas Raiders September 23, 2021
- Supermodel Linda Evangelista Has Been “Brutally Disfigured” by Procedure Done 5 Years Ago | PEOPLE September 23, 2021
- Author Jameis1of1 Talks About Jameis Winston And Gives Thoughts On Pats vs Saints Game September 23, 2021
- Kate Scott Is Philadelphia’s First Female Sports Broadcaster – That’s No Accident – Here’s Why September 23, 2021
- Mom Gets Surprise Giant Gift Box From Rocket Mortgage Sent Via UPS September 23, 2021
- How U.C. Berkeley Beat Harvard And Yale To Become The Best College In America | Forbes September 23, 2021
- Judge Orders UC Berkeley To Freeze Enrollment After Neighborhood Group Sues September 23, 2021
- Save 1921 Walnut St. Berkeley – Tenants Protest Demolition, UC Berkeley, Mayor Jesse Arreguin Actions September 23, 2021
- 30 Weirdest Things Ever Caught On Security Cameras & CCTV ! September 23, 2021
- The Raiders Are LETHAL With Derek Carr and Jon Gruden in Sync | Tiki and Tierney September 23, 2021
- Melvin Van Peebles on Bill Cosby Allegations; Being a Pioneer September 23, 2021
- Unstoppable: Melvin Van Peebles, Gordon Parks, and Ossie Davis in Conversation (2005) September 23, 2021
- Groundbreaking Filmmaker Melvin Van Peebles Has Died September 23, 2021
- R.I.P Mario Van Peebles Dad, Speaks On How His Father Melvin Van Peebles Died September 23, 2021
- 2021 09 21 Meeting with DSP UC Berkeley Students with Disabilities Coalition PART 2 September 23, 2021
- Nobel Prize Medal Presented to UC Berkeley Chemistry Professor Jennifer Doudna at her Berkeley Home September 23, 2021
- Oakland school district votes on vaccine mandate September 23, 2021
- Lakefront Home For Sale – 195 Honey Ln Fayetteville GA 30214 September 23, 2021
- Home For Sale – Introducing, 260 Camelot Fayetteville, Georgia September 23, 2021
- Home For Sale 3800 California Street Oakland, CA | ColdwellBankerHomes.com September 23, 2021
- Oakland Officer, Suspect Wounded In Shootout; Suspect Surrenders After Tense Standoff September 23, 2021
- Weather Forecast Oakland, California ▶ Oakland weather Forecast 09/23/2021 September 23, 2021
- COVID Vaccinations: Oakland Unified School District Board Approves COVID Vaccination Mandate For Students September 23, 2021
- Oakland Unified School District Board Discusses Vaccine Mandate for Students, Staff September 23, 2021
- Woman Wanted For Pulling Gun On Chipotle Worker In Philadelphia September 23, 2021
- Go Fund Me For Raider Nation’s Black Hole Rob Rivera’s Funeral By Rachel Rivera September 23, 2021
- Gabby Petito case: Crews use new tools in the search for Brian Laundrie September 23, 2021
- Hey EBX & Hella Coastal – Brothers Brewing Co Was Oakland’s First Black Brewery, And Then There Was Pican Restaurant September 23, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders NFL Pro football Focus Ranked Maxx Crosby Number 1 Edge Rusher By Eric Pangilinan September 22, 2021
- Raiders Steve Wisniewski Nominated For 2022 Pro Football Hall of Fame Class, By: Vinny Lospinuso September 22, 2021
- Brian Laundrie search: What led police to the Carlton Reserve? September 22, 2021
- Laundrie neighbor says she saw Brian after his return September 22, 2021