The Oakland Bulk And Oversized Terminal, or OBOT, is Phil Tagami’s long-planned bulk terminal to be built on a stretch of land between the Bay Bridge Toll Plaza and the Oakland Outer Harbor, and what’s called the “Key Route Basin.” (Zennie62Media is proud to have Insight Terminal Solutions as a client.)
The idea of the Oakland Bulk And Oversized Terminal is to allow the easy transfer of commodities in bulk from rail to ship. Conceived of as a development almost 30 years ago by local developer Phillip H. Tagami (Phil Tagami), who’s now partnered with John Siegel and Insight Terminal Solutions, it ran up against opposition from a number of politicians who received support from democratic party financier Tom Steyer.
This, even though the Oakland Bulk And Oversized Terminal is not planned to be built anywhere near a residential neighborhood.
In fact, the closest one is approximately one mile away, and effectively shielded by other Port of Oakland-related uses and then, the Nimitz Freeway.
In addition, and very much unlike bulk terminals built in the past, the Oakland Bulk And Oversized Terminal will handle coal, first via covered and not open cars, called “hoppers”, and second by storing any coal indoors, in a special dome facility, and not outdoors, as is the case in other regions.
The OBOT project stands in the face of what the Socialist Worker called The West Oakland Specific Plan in 2014 “a scheme for gentrifying Oakland”:
The West Oakland Specific Plan (WOSP) is the most recent scheme for gentrifying Oakland, pushing people of color and blue-collar workers out, and moving tech in. It labels large swaths of West Oakland “opportunity sites” for redevelopment and connects with other redevelopment schemes to cover a massive area, stretching from Interstate 880 to Adeline Street, and East 14th Street to Emeryville.
Thus, the Oakland Bulk And Oversized Terminal is very obviously Phil Tagami’s plan to stop the flow of homelessness-causing, gentrifying forces in Oakland, and restore a supply of well-paying basic jobs in its place. All of that in accordance with an objective the City of Oakland set out for itself in the late 1990s after military base closings, but has forgot about amid the wave of tech-money-fueled development in the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Area.
What follows is a guide to video-blog and blog posts about the Oakland Bulk And Oversized Terminal, so you can understand the truth:
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Warriors Steph Curry Highlights: Uses His Head In An Unusual Way To Score On Grizzlies Kyle Anderson
- Naismith SCHOOLS Cooperstown With Its 2021 Basketball Hall Of Fame Class, By: Vinny Lospinudo
- Oakland Youth Beat To Host Creating in Place Virtual Screening Party, Fundraiser
- Ricky Schroder Video Of Himself Harassing Costco Employee Over Face Mask Rule Goes Viral
- Resurrection Oakland Church Service For May 16, 2021 10 AM
- The Next Steph Curry Is Practicing Jump Shots From Downtown Right Now
- Community Holds ‘Unity Against Hate’ Rally in Oakland
- Giant Palestine Israel Protest In San Francisco Mission District
- Oakland Councilmember Dan Kalb Asks For City And Oakland Athletics To Keep Ballpark Talks Quiet
- Rombauer Upsets Medina Sprit Comes From Behind To Win The Preakness Stakes – Race Real Time Reaction
- SF Bay Area White “Journalists” Can’t Stand Black Oakland Blogger With His Own Opinion
- East Oakland Stadium Alliance Pushes Coliseum Ballpark With Flooding Future
- Let’s Meet. For Real. Meet In Oakland (full video)
- Base Camp 2021 Kick Off Hype Video
- 2021 Honda CR-V EX 2WD Sale Price Lease Bay Area Oakland Alameda Hayward Fremont San Leandro CA 4553
- Oakland Police Investigate After Elderly Man Attacked
- POOLE PARTY! Jordan Splashes Home 38 Points in Warriors’ Win | May 14, 2021
- Warriors Talk: Jordan Poole on his 38-Point Night vs. Pelicans – May 14, 2021
- Taj Tashombe, Oakland A’s VP Of Gov Affairs Is NAACP 2021 Black Male Achievement Award Winner
- Tony Buzbee Did Approach Deshaun Watson Reps For $100K Settlement Contrary To Recent Claims