ONN – Insight Terminal Solutions Oakland Bulk And Oversized Terminal Isn’t A Coal Terminal, Folks
Happy Holidays, Oakland! Let me tell you the truth about the Oakland Insight Terminal Solutions Oakland Bulk And Oversized Terminal. There have been a number of mainstream media outlets committed to telling lies about the planned Oakland Bulk And Oversized Terminal, of which California Capital Investment Group, led by Phil Tagami. Let’s take the misinformation fake news and debunk them, one by one.
Insight Terminal Solutions Oakland Bulk And Oversized Terminal Fake News Item One: The Coal Terminal Lie:
The first fake news item about the ITS OBOT is that it’s a coal terminal. That moniker comes only because the OBOT is a bulk terminal designed to facilitate the transport of various commodities, one of which happens to be coal. The OBOT does not have a giant, open pit, coal field; by contrast, a coal terminal does. As explained here before, a coal terminal is specifically designed to store and prepare for transport coal, and no other commodity. A coal terminal has large land area available to have open air storage facilities and commonly uses open-air hopper cars to bring in coal. A bulk terminal is vastly different.
A bulk terminal has a definition separate from a coal terminal: according to the Babylon Dictionary, a “bulk terminal” is “A purpose-designed berth or mooring for handling liquid or dry commodities, in unpackaged bulk form, such as oil, grain, ore, and coal. Bulk terminals typically are installed with specialized cargo handling equipment such as pipelines, conveyors, pneumatic evacuators, cranes with clamshell grabs, and rail lines to accommodate cargo handling operations with ships or barges. Commodity-specific storage facilities such as grain silos, petroleum storage tanks, and coal stock yards are also located at these terminals.”
The reason the Oakland Bulk And Oversized Terminal was designed to handle various commodities is borne of the original desires of Port of Oakland planners to have a deep water bulk terminal that could meet the needs of the bulk commodities market. So, if the market for sulphur improves over coal, then the OBOT can facilitate the transport of sulphur, and so on.
It was the City of Oakland’s Pat Cashman via a 2011-2012 market study he commissioned The Tioga Group to produce, who pointed to coal as a key commodity to be handled by the OBOT. But, as Oakland’s now former economic development director Fred Blackwell said in 2012, iron ore was a commodity planned for the OBOT – something no other media organization points out, proving that their “coverage” is a complete falsehood. Watch Blackwell, here:
But, even with that, the City of Oakland has crafted and advanced the lie that it did not know that coal was part of the OBOT until 2015. The truth is, the OBOT is designed to be a muti-commodity bulk terminal.
Insight Terminal Solutions Oakland Bulk And Oversized Terminal Fake News Item Two: The OBOT Is A Polluter
Again, this is a complete falsehood. The OBOT is designed to be a low-emissions facility, and the City of Oakland’s Blackwell said it was a “gift to the environmental community” in 2012. Moreover, the Oakland Global Rail Enterprise low-emission train engine will be combined with covered hopper cars to establish a new standard for bulk terminal emissions performance. And, no trucks will be used at the OBOT – something the media also fails to report, and a big reason Zennie62Media was hired by ITS: to get out the truth.
The ITS OBOT is a bulk terminal, not a coal terminal. Learn the difference.
Note from Oakland News Now Technical: this video-blog post shows the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Related Posts (YARPP)
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Oakland A’s PITCHER Sergio Romo drops his PANTS during inspection by umpire for FOREIGN substances
- City Auditor Pt1 Courtney Ruby, Oakland City Auditor, All About Community, June 8, 2021
- Boxing Keith Thurman Says Pacquiao Fist Feel Like a Rock Spence Better Listen – By Eric Pangilinan
- Atlanta Hawks Upset Milwaukee Bucks 116-113 To Win NBA East Finals Game 1
- Sonic The Hedgehog Celebrates It’s 30th Anniversary As A Franchise, By: Vinny Lospinuso
- Hawks Trae Young Shimmy Scores Three vs Bucks NBA Playoffs Game 1 2021
- Raiders Josh Jacobs Was Not happy Losing Hudson And Jackson – By Eric Pangilinan
- Boxing Oscar De La Hoya Coming Out Of Retirement- By Eric Pangilinan
- Raiders Derek Carr Supports Teammate Carl Nassib – By Eric Pangilinan
- Raiders Receiver John Brown Building Chemistry With QB Derek Carr
- John McAfee, Who Ran For President vs Donald Trump In 2015, Died In Spanish Prison
- Loki Lamentis Review Recap – By Jessica Dwyer
- Loki Episode 3: Does The Ark Reference Have Symbolic Meaning To Noah’s Ark? By Joseph Armendariz
- 2412 Kingsland Ave Oakland, CA 94601
- Bike Oakland/Alameda: Bay Trail & Bay Farm Island
- Oakland City Budget 2021-23: Oakland City Council President Bas Presents Amendments
- 2020 USWNT U.S. Olympics Women’s Soccer Team Announced June 23 2021
- IKEA in Atlanta Under Fire For Juneteenth Celebration Menu By Joseph Armendariz
- Loki Is Bisexual Says Director Kate Herron – But What Would Thor Say About That?
- My Cryptocurrency Portfolio Is Up Today, June 23 2021; Changed Its Composition. What Works For You?
Oakland News Now Archives
- California eviction moratorium still in limbo ahead of June 30 expiration – San Francisco Chronicle
- Adams leads in NYC mayoral primary but 2 others have a shot – theday.com
- Giant Crane To Pass Under Golden Gate Bridge En Route To Oakland – Patch.com
- Oakland Police Department using de-escalation simulator to train officers on use of force – California News Times
- Oakland A’s minor-league updates: Who’s making the case for a promotion? – The Mercury News
- Photos: Rally and vigil follows Juneteenth shooting at Lake Merritt – The Oaklandside
- Gwyneth Paltrow Probably Didn’t Write This Guide to What’s Cool and New in SF – Flipboard
- Crystal Teahon Obituary (1941 – 2021) – Cordes Lakes, AZ – Custer County Chief – Legacy.com
- East Bay Assembly candidates lay out LGBTQ plans – Bay Area Reporter, America’s highest circulation LGBT newspaper
- Cruise ships are back in business, but new rules mean changes – CNET