ONN – Insight Terminal Solutions Oakland Bulk And Oversized Terminal Isn’t A Coal Terminal, Folks
Happy Holidays, Oakland! Let me tell you the truth about the Oakland Insight Terminal Solutions Oakland Bulk And Oversized Terminal. There have been a number of mainstream media outlets committed to telling lies about the planned Oakland Bulk And Oversized Terminal, of which California Capital Investment Group, led by Phil Tagami. Let’s take the misinformation fake news and debunk them, one by one.
Insight Terminal Solutions Oakland Bulk And Oversized Terminal Fake News Item One: The Coal Terminal Lie:
The first fake news item about the ITS OBOT is that it’s a coal terminal. That moniker comes only because the OBOT is a bulk terminal designed to facilitate the transport of various commodities, one of which happens to be coal. The OBOT does not have a giant, open pit, coal field; by contrast, a coal terminal does. As explained here before, a coal terminal is specifically designed to store and prepare for transport coal, and no other commodity. A coal terminal has large land area available to have open air storage facilities and commonly uses open-air hopper cars to bring in coal. A bulk terminal is vastly different.
A bulk terminal has a definition separate from a coal terminal: according to the Babylon Dictionary, a “bulk terminal” is “A purpose-designed berth or mooring for handling liquid or dry commodities, in unpackaged bulk form, such as oil, grain, ore, and coal. Bulk terminals typically are installed with specialized cargo handling equipment such as pipelines, conveyors, pneumatic evacuators, cranes with clamshell grabs, and rail lines to accommodate cargo handling operations with ships or barges. Commodity-specific storage facilities such as grain silos, petroleum storage tanks, and coal stock yards are also located at these terminals.”
The reason the Oakland Bulk And Oversized Terminal was designed to handle various commodities is borne of the original desires of Port of Oakland planners to have a deep water bulk terminal that could meet the needs of the bulk commodities market. So, if the market for sulphur improves over coal, then the OBOT can facilitate the transport of sulphur, and so on.
It was the City of Oakland’s Pat Cashman via a 2011-2012 market study he commissioned The Tioga Group to produce, who pointed to coal as a key commodity to be handled by the OBOT. But, as Oakland’s now former economic development director Fred Blackwell said in 2012, iron ore was a commodity planned for the OBOT – something no other media organization points out, proving that their “coverage” is a complete falsehood. Watch Blackwell, here:
But, even with that, the City of Oakland has crafted and advanced the lie that it did not know that coal was part of the OBOT until 2015. The truth is, the OBOT is designed to be a muti-commodity bulk terminal.
Insight Terminal Solutions Oakland Bulk And Oversized Terminal Fake News Item Two: The OBOT Is A Polluter
Again, this is a complete falsehood. The OBOT is designed to be a low-emissions facility, and the City of Oakland’s Blackwell said it was a “gift to the environmental community” in 2012. Moreover, the Oakland Global Rail Enterprise low-emission train engine will be combined with covered hopper cars to establish a new standard for bulk terminal emissions performance. And, no trucks will be used at the OBOT – something the media also fails to report, and a big reason Zennie62Media was hired by ITS: to get out the truth.
The ITS OBOT is a bulk terminal, not a coal terminal. Learn the difference.
Note from Oakland News Now Technical: this video-blog post shows the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Livestream: Blame To Go Around In Oakland A’s Relocation Threat? Start With Oakland Athletics
- MLB Ask Oakland Athletics To Threaten Relocation – Oakland City Council’s Progressive Wing Steps In
- Live: Dr. Fauci Testifies At Senate Hearing On Covid-19 Response | NBC News
- Watching Amanda Gorman Keynote At Professional Business Woman California Conference 2021
- Ben Barlett Berkeley Councilmember Meetings On Traffic, Fire Safety This Week
- Ultra Black News | Ahmed Muhammad | Oakland Tech’s First Black Male Valedictorian
- Asian American Attacks: Couple Dragged In Brazen Parking Lot Robbery In Oakland
- 5 7 2021 Auto Accident Hit N Run Oakland East 14th & 2nd
- Zennie62 YouTube At 2008 DNC Convention, United Airlines Flight To Denver, Meeting Ashley Wolfe Long
- Kenny Mayne: ESPN Tried To Keep Kenny Mayne For Less But He Said No – No Tears Here
- Andrew Peterson Oakland CIO Gets Harari Conscious Leadership And Social Innovation Award
- Oakland Councilmember Sheng Thao And Oakland Mutual Aid Collective Will Distribute PPE Kits To Students May 11th
- Ca Governor Gavin Newsom’s $100 Billion Rental Assistance Plan Debut With Oakland Mayor Schaff
- Governor Newsom Unveils his Economic Recovery Package
- Tim Sullivan Of Louisville Courier Journal Ambush Marketing In-And-Out Burger On CNN?
- Rotary Club Of Oakland Features Gary Meyer On The Oscars May 06 2021
- Resurrection Oakland Church | May 9, 2021. 10am
- Sharing The Beauty Of Lake Merritt, Oakland, California – Mothers Day 2021
- Mothers Day Drum Circle – Lake Merritt, Oakland, California, 2021
- Bike Oakland & Alameda: Alameda, Bay Farm, and 66th Ave