ONN – Insight Terminal Solutions Oakland Bulk And Oversized Terminal Isn’t A Coal Terminal, Folks
Happy Holidays, Oakland! Let me tell you the truth about the Oakland Insight Terminal Solutions Oakland Bulk And Oversized Terminal. There have been a number of mainstream media outlets committed to telling lies about the planned Oakland Bulk And Oversized Terminal, of which California Capital Investment Group, led by Phil Tagami. Let’s take the misinformation fake news and debunk them, one by one.
Insight Terminal Solutions Oakland Bulk And Oversized Terminal Fake News Item One: The Coal Terminal Lie:
The first fake news item about the ITS OBOT is that it’s a coal terminal. That moniker comes only because the OBOT is a bulk terminal designed to facilitate the transport of various commodities, one of which happens to be coal. The OBOT does not have a giant, open pit, coal field; by contrast, a coal terminal does. As explained here before, a coal terminal is specifically designed to store and prepare for transport coal, and no other commodity. A coal terminal has large land area available to have open air storage facilities and commonly uses open-air hopper cars to bring in coal. A bulk terminal is vastly different.
A bulk terminal has a definition separate from a coal terminal: according to the Babylon Dictionary, a “bulk terminal” is “A purpose-designed berth or mooring for handling liquid or dry commodities, in unpackaged bulk form, such as oil, grain, ore, and coal. Bulk terminals typically are installed with specialized cargo handling equipment such as pipelines, conveyors, pneumatic evacuators, cranes with clamshell grabs, and rail lines to accommodate cargo handling operations with ships or barges. Commodity-specific storage facilities such as grain silos, petroleum storage tanks, and coal stock yards are also located at these terminals.”
The reason the Oakland Bulk And Oversized Terminal was designed to handle various commodities is borne of the original desires of Port of Oakland planners to have a deep water bulk terminal that could meet the needs of the bulk commodities market. So, if the market for sulphur improves over coal, then the OBOT can facilitate the transport of sulphur, and so on.
It was the City of Oakland’s Pat Cashman via a 2011-2012 market study he commissioned The Tioga Group to produce, who pointed to coal as a key commodity to be handled by the OBOT. But, as Oakland’s now former economic development director Fred Blackwell said in 2012, iron ore was a commodity planned for the OBOT – something no other media organization points out, proving that their “coverage” is a complete falsehood. Watch Blackwell, here:
But, even with that, the City of Oakland has crafted and advanced the lie that it did not know that coal was part of the OBOT until 2015. The truth is, the OBOT is designed to be a muti-commodity bulk terminal.
Insight Terminal Solutions Oakland Bulk And Oversized Terminal Fake News Item Two: The OBOT Is A Polluter
Again, this is a complete falsehood. The OBOT is designed to be a low-emissions facility, and the City of Oakland’s Blackwell said it was a “gift to the environmental community” in 2012. Moreover, the Oakland Global Rail Enterprise low-emission train engine will be combined with covered hopper cars to establish a new standard for bulk terminal emissions performance. And, no trucks will be used at the OBOT – something the media also fails to report, and a big reason Zennie62Media was hired by ITS: to get out the truth.
The ITS OBOT is a bulk terminal, not a coal terminal. Learn the difference.
Note from Oakland News Now Technical: this video-blog post shows the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Kev Choice Tribute to Michael Morgan October 20, 2021
- Best of Week 7 of the 2021 College Football Season – Part 1 ᴴᴰ October 20, 2021
- Astros vs. Red Sox ALCS Game 4 Highlights (10/19/21) | MLB Highlights October 20, 2021
- Skateboarders Making Pilgrimage to San Francisco’s Pier 7, Following Vandalism October 20, 2021
- NEW NBA odds released, plus MLB playoffs and NFL WEEK 6 Recap October 20, 2021
- 30 Years Later: East Bay Remembers Oakland Hills Fire October 20, 2021
- San Francisco In N Out temporarily closed over city’s proof of COVID 19 October 20, 2021
- Public Enemy – 30th Anniversary Oaktown’s On Fire! – Kaiser Conv. Center – Oakland, CA – 10/20/1991 October 20, 2021
- Anthrax – 30th Anniversary Oaktown’s On Fire! – Kaiser Convention Center – Oakland, CA – 10/20/1991 October 20, 2021
- Primus – 30th Anniversary Oaktown’s On Fire! – Kaiser Convention Center – Oakland, CA – 10/20/1991 October 20, 2021
- Lakers Postgame: Anthony Davis (10/19/21) October 20, 2021
- Mark Zuckerberg’s Post On Facebook’s Impact On America Forgets U.S. Diversity Makes It Ripe Target For Hate Content October 20, 2021
- Lakers Postgame: LeBron James (10/19/21) October 20, 2021
- Lakers Postgame: Frank Vogel (10/19/21) October 20, 2021
- Oakland PD Hates On Doja October 20, 2021
- Astros vs Red Sox Game 4 Highlights | MLB 2021 October 20, 2021
- HIGHLIGHTS | Los Angeles Lakers vs Golden State Warriors October 20, 2021
- HIGHLIGHTS | LeBron James (34 pts, 5 ast, 11 reb) vs Golden State Warriors October 20, 2021
- HIGHLIGHTS | Anthony Davis (33 pts, 11 reb) vs Golden State Warriors October 20, 2021
- Stephen Curry Tallies a Triple-Double in Season Opener! | Oct. 19, 2021 October 20, 2021
- Oakland City Council Unanimously Approves Vice Mayor Rebecca Kaplan’s Proposal To Support Litigation Against Ghost Guns October 20, 2021
- Henry Ruggs III Mic’d Up vs. Broncos: ‘All Bama on the Board!’ | Week 6 | Las Vegas Raiders | NFL October 20, 2021
- Boxing Sandor Martin Stuns Boxing World By Defeating Former Champ Mikey Garcia By Eric Pangilinan October 19, 2021
- Meet Jon Bean, Oakland Rising’s Deputy Director Taks With Liz Suk, Executive Director October 19, 2021
- Philadelphia Eagles vs Las Vegas Raiders | Week 7 NFL Game Preview October 19, 2021
- Oakland hills firestorm marks 30th anniversary October 19, 2021
- 30 years later: Remembering the Oakland Hills Fire October 19, 2021
- Los Bukis ULTIMO CONCIERTO 2021 Oakland CA I Mi Mayor Necesidad October 19, 2021
- In-N-Out Burger in Battle With San Francisco Health Officials Over COVID Rules October 19, 2021
- Braves vs Dodgers Game 3 Highlights | MLB 2021 October 19, 2021