What is Insight Terminal Solutions LLC with respect to Oakland and the Oakland Bulk and Oversized Terminal (OBOT)?
Insight Terminal Solutions LLC, or “ITS”, is a Louisville, KY and Oakland, CA based company that is co-developer of the Oakland Bulk and Oversized Terminal with Phillip H. Tagami AKA Phil Tagami, the managing partner of California Capital Investment Group. Insight Terminal Solutions is the co-developer of OBOT and provide world class terminal and stevedoring services at the facility for a variety of bulk agriculture and mineral commodities. (Note: Zennie62Media was hired by ITS to produce content telling its story with the OBOT.)
The ITS Oakland Bulk and Oversized Terminal will use state-of-the-art, technically-advanced, environmental practices and procedures to achieve low emissions objectives. As former City of Oakland Economic Development Director Fred Blackwell said in 2012, the OBOT is something the environmental community will like.
The website for the Oakland Bulk and Oversized terminal explained it this way:
The Oakland waterfront plays a vital role in the west coast marine highway, yet the urban location of Oakland’s port means there is limited space for expansion of maritime trade and logistics services. The Oakland Bulk and Oversized Terminal (OBOT) is a unique opportunity to intensify nearly 20 acres of underutilized maritime property through development of a state-of-the-art, multi-commodity marine bulk terminal development located on the West Gateway of the former Oakland Army Base in Oakland, California.
With direct access to San Francisco Bay channel depths that reach 50 foot “mean lower low water” (MLLW) and newly constructed near-dock rail lines designated for OBOT customers, the Oakland Bulk and Oversized Terminal development is positioned to streamline customer logistics supply chains, create more service options for U.S. shippers seeking greater access to and from foreign markets, solidify Oakland’s reputation as a major west coast trade center for American resources, and carry on the proud history of Oakland’s working waterfront through the creation of long-term job opportunities for Oakland residents.
Insight Terminal Solutions Is Currently Conducting Development Work With Phil Tagami
Insight Terminal Solutions is currently conducting development work with Phil Tagami. Conceptual project design is currently underway. Operations are projected to start in 2021. The Chief Executive Officer of Insight Terminal Solutions is John Siegel.
Insight Terminal Solutions will operate the terminal under a 66-year lease at a site located within the area known as the “West Gateway Area” of the westernmost portion of the former Oakland Army Base.
The Oakland Bulk and Oversized Terminal is being developed and operated to meet and – or exceed CEQA and all City of Oakland Former Oakland Army Base approvals with the two state-of-the-art enclosed material handling and delivery systems fully enclosed covered storage, dust collection systems.
The Oakland Bulk and Oversized Terminal will transport an annual throughput of 6 million to 10 million metric tons of bulk agriculture and mineral commodities and receive up to three unit trains of 114 covered rail cars per day through covered rapid discharge rail car unloading stations rail service will be provided by Union Pacific and Burlington Northern Santa Fe in combination with Oakland Global Rail Enterprise (OGRE) who will provide last mile local rail services.
The Oakland Bulk and Oversized Terminal will be designed to accommodate Handymax (30,000 tons) to Capesize (130,000 tons) vessels utilizing two state-of-the-art fully enclosed shiploaders.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Raiders “I Can Breathe” Tweet: What Was Las Vegas Thinking With That Derek Chauvin Verdict Entry?
- Raiders “I Can Breathe” Tweet: No One Black Made That Derek Chauvin Trial Verdict Entry
- President Biden and Vice President Harris Address the Nation on the Derek Chauvin Trial Verdict
- Oakland Tech’s Ahmed Muhammad School’s 1st Black Male Valedictorian On Day Of Derek Chauvin Verdict
- Derek Chauvin Murder Trial Verdict Livestream Reaction Vlog After Murder Of George Floyd
- Derek Chauvin Murder Trial Verdict Reaction Vlog After Murder Of George Floyd
- WATCH LIVE: Jury in Derek Chauvin trial expected to return a verdict
- Oakland School News: OUSD Unveil’s New Green Schoolyard In Celebration Of Earth Day
- A Shooting Has Taken Place At A Stop & Shop In West Hempstead, NY, By: Vinny Lospinuso
- Look At Oakland Lake Merritt Instagram Videos Shows Fun Gathering – Are Complaints Just Racism?
- Oakland Lake Merritt Vendors Move From Lakeshore To Grand Avenue, But Racist Take Remains
- Memories of Roy Steele, Oakland A’s Announcer
- Oakland Police Chief Antioch Press Conference
- Oakland Mayor’s Town Hall Budget Summit – Guaranteed Income
- Renaming to White Supremacy Resolution
- The Sounds Of Oakland: Sideshow Season 2021 OPD Responds
- Amtrak Capital Corridor #527 train Southbound at The Oakland Coliseum Amtrak Station 4KHD
- More Oakland Unified Elementary Students Return to School
- The Sounds Of Oakland: The OPD Engagement Of The 2021 Protest Season
- 11370 Golf Links Road, Oakland, CA | Michael and Nicole Wilhelm, Compass