What is Insight Terminal Solutions LLC with respect to Oakland and the Oakland Bulk and Oversized Terminal (OBOT)?
Insight Terminal Solutions LLC, or “ITS”, is a Louisville, KY and Oakland, CA based company that is co-developer of the Oakland Bulk and Oversized Terminal with Phillip H. Tagami AKA Phil Tagami, the managing partner of California Capital Investment Group. Insight Terminal Solutions is the co-developer of OBOT and provide world class terminal and stevedoring services at the facility for a variety of bulk agriculture and mineral commodities. (Note: Zennie62Media was hired by ITS to produce content telling its story with the OBOT.)
The ITS Oakland Bulk and Oversized Terminal will use state-of-the-art, technically-advanced, environmental practices and procedures to achieve low emissions objectives. As former City of Oakland Economic Development Director Fred Blackwell said in 2012, the OBOT is something the environmental community will like.
The website for the Oakland Bulk and Oversized terminal explained it this way:
The Oakland waterfront plays a vital role in the west coast marine highway, yet the urban location of Oakland’s port means there is limited space for expansion of maritime trade and logistics services. The Oakland Bulk and Oversized Terminal (OBOT) is a unique opportunity to intensify nearly 20 acres of underutilized maritime property through development of a state-of-the-art, multi-commodity marine bulk terminal development located on the West Gateway of the former Oakland Army Base in Oakland, California.
With direct access to San Francisco Bay channel depths that reach 50 foot “mean lower low water” (MLLW) and newly constructed near-dock rail lines designated for OBOT customers, the Oakland Bulk and Oversized Terminal development is positioned to streamline customer logistics supply chains, create more service options for U.S. shippers seeking greater access to and from foreign markets, solidify Oakland’s reputation as a major west coast trade center for American resources, and carry on the proud history of Oakland’s working waterfront through the creation of long-term job opportunities for Oakland residents.
Insight Terminal Solutions Is Currently Conducting Development Work With Phil Tagami
Insight Terminal Solutions is currently conducting development work with Phil Tagami. Conceptual project design is currently underway. Operations are projected to start in 2021. The Chief Executive Officer of Insight Terminal Solutions is John Siegel.
Insight Terminal Solutions will operate the terminal under a 66-year lease at a site located within the area known as the “West Gateway Area” of the westernmost portion of the former Oakland Army Base.
The Oakland Bulk and Oversized Terminal is being developed and operated to meet and – or exceed CEQA and all City of Oakland Former Oakland Army Base approvals with the two state-of-the-art enclosed material handling and delivery systems fully enclosed covered storage, dust collection systems.
The Oakland Bulk and Oversized Terminal will transport an annual throughput of 6 million to 10 million metric tons of bulk agriculture and mineral commodities and receive up to three unit trains of 114 covered rail cars per day through covered rapid discharge rail car unloading stations rail service will be provided by Union Pacific and Burlington Northern Santa Fe in combination with Oakland Global Rail Enterprise (OGRE) who will provide last mile local rail services.
The Oakland Bulk and Oversized Terminal will be designed to accommodate Handymax (30,000 tons) to Capesize (130,000 tons) vessels utilizing two state-of-the-art fully enclosed shiploaders.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Readout of Biden Administration Convening to Discuss and Address Semiconductor Supply Chain September 23, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Vs Dolphins Won’t Be Aired On Some Tv Market In California By Eric Pangilinan September 23, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Defense Is The Key To Victory In Week By Eric Pangilinan September 23, 2021
- RecallOakland.com Website For Stupid Idea Of Recalling Mayor Schaaf Months Before She’s Termed Out September 23, 2021
- Nintendo Reveals Cast For The Mario Movie in 2022. Yes This Is Real, By: Vinny Lospinuso September 23, 2021
- BREAKING: Arrest Warrant Issued for Brian Laundrie in Gabby Petito’s Death September 23, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Tom Flores To Receive Hall Of Fame Ring At Allegiant Stadium By Eric Pangilinan September 23, 2021
- Justin Fields First NFL Start Will Come Against The Browns | Pat McAfee Reacts September 23, 2021
- Coach Bradley, Coach Olson, Denzel Perryman and Kenyan Drake Presser – 9.23.21 | Las Vegas Raiders September 23, 2021
- Supermodel Linda Evangelista Has Been “Brutally Disfigured” by Procedure Done 5 Years Ago | PEOPLE September 23, 2021
- Author Jameis1of1 Talks About Jameis Winston And Gives Thoughts On Pats vs Saints Game September 23, 2021
- Kate Scott Is Philadelphia’s First Female Sports Broadcaster – That’s No Accident – Here’s Why September 23, 2021
- Mom Gets Surprise Giant Gift Box From Rocket Mortgage Sent Via UPS September 23, 2021
- How U.C. Berkeley Beat Harvard And Yale To Become The Best College In America | Forbes September 23, 2021
- Judge Orders UC Berkeley To Freeze Enrollment After Neighborhood Group Sues September 23, 2021
- Save 1921 Walnut St. Berkeley – Tenants Protest Demolition, UC Berkeley, Mayor Jesse Arreguin Actions September 23, 2021
- 30 Weirdest Things Ever Caught On Security Cameras & CCTV ! September 23, 2021
- The Raiders Are LETHAL With Derek Carr and Jon Gruden in Sync | Tiki and Tierney September 23, 2021
- Melvin Van Peebles on Bill Cosby Allegations; Being a Pioneer September 23, 2021
- Unstoppable: Melvin Van Peebles, Gordon Parks, and Ossie Davis in Conversation (2005) September 23, 2021
- Groundbreaking Filmmaker Melvin Van Peebles Has Died September 23, 2021
- R.I.P Mario Van Peebles Dad, Speaks On How His Father Melvin Van Peebles Died September 23, 2021
- 2021 09 21 Meeting with DSP UC Berkeley Students with Disabilities Coalition PART 2 September 23, 2021
- Nobel Prize Medal Presented to UC Berkeley Chemistry Professor Jennifer Doudna at her Berkeley Home September 23, 2021
- Oakland school district votes on vaccine mandate September 23, 2021
- Lakefront Home For Sale – 195 Honey Ln Fayetteville GA 30214 September 23, 2021
- Home For Sale – Introducing, 260 Camelot Fayetteville, Georgia September 23, 2021
- Home For Sale 3800 California Street Oakland, CA | ColdwellBankerHomes.com September 23, 2021
- Oakland Officer, Suspect Wounded In Shootout; Suspect Surrenders After Tense Standoff September 23, 2021
- Weather Forecast Oakland, California ▶ Oakland weather Forecast 09/23/2021 September 23, 2021
- COVID Vaccinations: Oakland Unified School District Board Approves COVID Vaccination Mandate For Students September 23, 2021
- Oakland Unified School District Board Discusses Vaccine Mandate for Students, Staff September 23, 2021
- Woman Wanted For Pulling Gun On Chipotle Worker In Philadelphia September 23, 2021
- Go Fund Me For Raider Nation’s Black Hole Rob Rivera’s Funeral By Rachel Rivera September 23, 2021
- Gabby Petito case: Crews use new tools in the search for Brian Laundrie September 23, 2021
- Hey EBX & Hella Coastal – Brothers Brewing Co Was Oakland’s First Black Brewery, And Then There Was Pican Restaurant September 23, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders NFL Pro football Focus Ranked Maxx Crosby Number 1 Edge Rusher By Eric Pangilinan September 22, 2021
- Raiders Steve Wisniewski Nominated For 2022 Pro Football Hall of Fame Class, By: Vinny Lospinuso September 22, 2021
- Brian Laundrie search: What led police to the Carlton Reserve? September 22, 2021
- Laundrie neighbor says she saw Brian after his return September 22, 2021