What is Insight Terminal Solutions LLC with respect to Oakland and the Oakland Bulk and Oversized Terminal (OBOT)?
Insight Terminal Solutions LLC, or “ITS”, is a Louisville, KY and Oakland, CA based company that is co-developer of the Oakland Bulk and Oversized Terminal with Phillip H. Tagami AKA Phil Tagami, the managing partner of California Capital Investment Group. Insight Terminal Solutions is the co-developer of OBOT and provide world class terminal and stevedoring services at the facility for a variety of bulk agriculture and mineral commodities. (Note: Zennie62Media was hired by ITS to produce content telling its story with the OBOT.)
The ITS Oakland Bulk and Oversized Terminal will use state-of-the-art, technically-advanced, environmental practices and procedures to achieve low emissions objectives. As former City of Oakland Economic Development Director Fred Blackwell said in 2012, the OBOT is something the environmental community will like.
The website for the Oakland Bulk and Oversized terminal explained it this way:
The Oakland waterfront plays a vital role in the west coast marine highway, yet the urban location of Oakland’s port means there is limited space for expansion of maritime trade and logistics services. The Oakland Bulk and Oversized Terminal (OBOT) is a unique opportunity to intensify nearly 20 acres of underutilized maritime property through development of a state-of-the-art, multi-commodity marine bulk terminal development located on the West Gateway of the former Oakland Army Base in Oakland, California.
With direct access to San Francisco Bay channel depths that reach 50 foot “mean lower low water” (MLLW) and newly constructed near-dock rail lines designated for OBOT customers, the Oakland Bulk and Oversized Terminal development is positioned to streamline customer logistics supply chains, create more service options for U.S. shippers seeking greater access to and from foreign markets, solidify Oakland’s reputation as a major west coast trade center for American resources, and carry on the proud history of Oakland’s working waterfront through the creation of long-term job opportunities for Oakland residents.
Insight Terminal Solutions Is Currently Conducting Development Work With Phil Tagami
Insight Terminal Solutions is currently conducting development work with Phil Tagami. Conceptual project design is currently underway. Operations are projected to start in 2021. The Chief Executive Officer of Insight Terminal Solutions is John Siegel.
Insight Terminal Solutions will operate the terminal under a 66-year lease at a site located within the area known as the “West Gateway Area” of the westernmost portion of the former Oakland Army Base.
The Oakland Bulk and Oversized Terminal is being developed and operated to meet and – or exceed CEQA and all City of Oakland Former Oakland Army Base approvals with the two state-of-the-art enclosed material handling and delivery systems fully enclosed covered storage, dust collection systems.
The Oakland Bulk and Oversized Terminal will transport an annual throughput of 6 million to 10 million metric tons of bulk agriculture and mineral commodities and receive up to three unit trains of 114 covered rail cars per day through covered rapid discharge rail car unloading stations rail service will be provided by Union Pacific and Burlington Northern Santa Fe in combination with Oakland Global Rail Enterprise (OGRE) who will provide last mile local rail services.
The Oakland Bulk and Oversized Terminal will be designed to accommodate Handymax (30,000 tons) to Capesize (130,000 tons) vessels utilizing two state-of-the-art fully enclosed shiploaders.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Livestream: Blame To Go Around In Oakland A’s Relocation Threat? Start With Oakland Athletics
- MLB Ask Oakland Athletics To Threaten Relocation – Oakland City Council’s Progressive Wing Steps In
- Live: Dr. Fauci Testifies At Senate Hearing On Covid-19 Response | NBC News
- Watching Amanda Gorman Keynote At Professional Business Woman California Conference 2021
- Ben Barlett Berkeley Councilmember Meetings On Traffic, Fire Safety This Week
- Ultra Black News | Ahmed Muhammad | Oakland Tech’s First Black Male Valedictorian
- Asian American Attacks: Couple Dragged In Brazen Parking Lot Robbery In Oakland
- 5 7 2021 Auto Accident Hit N Run Oakland East 14th & 2nd
- Zennie62 YouTube At 2008 DNC Convention, United Airlines Flight To Denver, Meeting Ashley Wolfe Long
- Kenny Mayne: ESPN Tried To Keep Kenny Mayne For Less But He Said No – No Tears Here
- Andrew Peterson Oakland CIO Gets Harari Conscious Leadership And Social Innovation Award
- Oakland Councilmember Sheng Thao And Oakland Mutual Aid Collective Will Distribute PPE Kits To Students May 11th
- Ca Governor Gavin Newsom’s $100 Billion Rental Assistance Plan Debut With Oakland Mayor Schaff
- Governor Newsom Unveils his Economic Recovery Package
- Tim Sullivan Of Louisville Courier Journal Ambush Marketing In-And-Out Burger On CNN?
- Rotary Club Of Oakland Features Gary Meyer On The Oscars May 06 2021
- Resurrection Oakland Church | May 9, 2021. 10am
- Sharing The Beauty Of Lake Merritt, Oakland, California – Mothers Day 2021
- Mothers Day Drum Circle – Lake Merritt, Oakland, California, 2021
- Bike Oakland & Alameda: Alameda, Bay Farm, and 66th Ave