ONN – In 2017 Oakland A’s Chose Laney College Ballpark Site Over Better Howard Terminal Location – video by the YouTube channel in the video’s upper left hand corner.
In 2017 Oakland A’s Chose Laney College Ballpark Site Over Better Howard Terminal Location That Scored Higher In HOK Study
In 2017 The Oakland Athletics announced the selection of the Laney College Site for a new ballpark for the team and over the very popular choice the Mayor of Oakland Libby Schaaf originally wanted: Howard Terminal. Moreover, David Kaval, the A’s President, selected that property even though it scored out lower than Howard Terminal in the 2001 ballpark study that was produced by architecture firm Hellmuth Obata and Kassabaum.
The 2001 HOK Ballpark Study that was paid for by then – Oakland City Attorney John Russo had it this way: Laney College scored 14 versus 22 for Howard Terminal, and cosidering Urban Design, Transportation, Site Factors, Cost and Timing. Also, Howard Terminal was less expensive at $503 million versus $617 million for Laney College. The biggest cost was land acquisition at $76 million versus $37 million for Howard Terminal – and then parking, where Howard Terminal cost $75 million compared to $132 million for Laney College.
What was the reason? Was it tied to the Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf’s reluctance / inexperience with tax increment financing – a key component of the original plan? Or was it because of the location of BART at Laney College? And what about the huge waterfront view that Howard Terminal provides?
Questions. Many of them.
Now, and after the Peralta Community College District Board of Directors voted to reject the A’s proposal, Mayor Schaaf worked to give the A’s an option of picking either the Coliseum or Howard Terminal. What did the A’s do? They picked both, causing a real political problem, even as they believed picking one or the other would avoid a political problem.
On top of that, the City of Oakland employees working on the project don’t have the proper training in bond finance with respect to tax increment financing to understand what they are doing. They are making a ton of mistakes.
More on that soon.
Note from Zennie62Media and OaklandNewsNow.com : this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a YouTube channel. When the video is “liked” by Zennie62 YouTube, then it is automatically uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective here, on top of our is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours – is the use of the existing YouTube social graph on any subject in the World. Now, news is reported with a smartphone and also by promoting current content on YouTube: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary, or having a camera crew to shoot what is already on YouTube. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Related Posts (YARPP)
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Self-Service Buffets Return To Las Vegas Strip
- Dogecoin Cools After Week Of Dramatic Growth Ahead Of Elon Musk On SNL
- Oakland Police Department On Unsolved Homicide Of Henry Texada
- Oakland Police Captain Jones With Ceasefire, Captain Holmgren Talk Violent Crime
- Mass Vaccination Site at Oakland Coliseum Closing
- Leigh Steinberg Talks NFL Post 2021 Draft – Will COVID-19 Be The Same Problem As 2020?
- Carroll Fife Oakland District 3 Councilmember On Housing, Homelessness, and Reform
- This Bullying Oakland Mayor Schaaf Has Gone Too Far – Terrorizing Libby As Evil As Police Brutality
- SpaceX’s Starship SN15 Makes First Landing Without Exploding
- John Jones Has A Major Surprise For Oakland California Friends, Politicians
- Oakland Planning Commission Approved Giant 415 20th Skyscraper Ignores Homeless – Thomas Berkeley?
- Oakland Planning Commission Meets Livestream On 415 20th, The Tallest Building In Oakland, If Built
- Oakland And San Francisco Hire California Movers USA For Your Next Relocation
- 415 20th Street Will Be Oakland’s Tallest Building, Draw 3,800 Employees – Planning Commission Says It Has No Impact
- Oakland Lacrosse Club, Oakland Athletic League, OUSD Partner For Girls Lacrosse League
- Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow: The Futurism Of Walt Disney
- Weather Forecast Oakland, California 05/05/2021
- SF Bay Area Bicycle Is Back With: Bike Oakland Ride To The New Ghost Town
- Oakland City Council Approves Including Councilmember Bas, Taylor, Police Alternatives In Budget
- 2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Sale Price Lease Bay Area Oakland Alameda Hayward Fremont San Leand