Hyatt Hotels CEO Mark Hoplamazian announced a broad anti-hate group policy for the Hyatt hotel chain. Hoplamazian wrote to employees in a memo received by Muslim Advocates that “if a group is primarily focused on disparaging a group by virtue of their identity…that’s really where we need to draw the line. We’re going to apply our values to making these decisions along the way.”
The Hyatt Hotels decision comes after over 100,000 consumers and a group of concerned organizations urged Hyatt not to host the September 4-5 national conference of the white supremacist-aligned anti-Muslim hate group, ACT for America.
The conference, which Hyatt ultimately hosted, occurred less than a week after an ACT rally participant was sentenced to six years in prison for beating an African-American man during the Charlottesville Unite the Right rally. The effort to urge Hyatt not to host this conference was organized by Muslim Advocates, MoveOn, CREDO, and Shoulder to Shoulder.
This decision now positions Hyatt, alongside Airbnb, as a leader in the hospitality field for ensuring safe and inclusive spaces for its guests and staff.
Other major hospitality companies like Hilton, Wyndham, Accor Hotels, and InterContinental Hotels have decided to reject hate groups in the past, but Muslim Advocates is unaware of a broad commitment from any of them to vet events hosted by groups primarily dedicated to hate.
Marriott Most Hate Group Friendly
This move also highlights Marriott’s position as the most hate group-friendly hospitality brand after their embrace of a major hate conference in 2017.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Livestream: Blame To Go Around In Oakland A’s Relocation Threat? Start With Oakland Athletics
- MLB Ask Oakland Athletics To Threaten Relocation – Oakland City Council’s Progressive Wing Steps In
- Live: Dr. Fauci Testifies At Senate Hearing On Covid-19 Response | NBC News
- Watching Amanda Gorman Keynote At Professional Business Woman California Conference 2021
- Ben Barlett Berkeley Councilmember Meetings On Traffic, Fire Safety This Week
- Ultra Black News | Ahmed Muhammad | Oakland Tech’s First Black Male Valedictorian
- Asian American Attacks: Couple Dragged In Brazen Parking Lot Robbery In Oakland
- 5 7 2021 Auto Accident Hit N Run Oakland East 14th & 2nd
- Zennie62 YouTube At 2008 DNC Convention, United Airlines Flight To Denver, Meeting Ashley Wolfe Long
- Kenny Mayne: ESPN Tried To Keep Kenny Mayne For Less But He Said No – No Tears Here
- Andrew Peterson Oakland CIO Gets Harari Conscious Leadership And Social Innovation Award
- Oakland Councilmember Sheng Thao And Oakland Mutual Aid Collective Will Distribute PPE Kits To Students May 11th
- Ca Governor Gavin Newsom’s $100 Billion Rental Assistance Plan Debut With Oakland Mayor Schaff
- Governor Newsom Unveils his Economic Recovery Package
- Tim Sullivan Of Louisville Courier Journal Ambush Marketing In-And-Out Burger On CNN?
- Rotary Club Of Oakland Features Gary Meyer On The Oscars May 06 2021
- Resurrection Oakland Church | May 9, 2021. 10am
- Sharing The Beauty Of Lake Merritt, Oakland, California – Mothers Day 2021
- Mothers Day Drum Circle – Lake Merritt, Oakland, California, 2021
- Bike Oakland & Alameda: Alameda, Bay Farm, and 66th Ave