Filed under: her universe fashion show 2019 application, her universe fashion show rules, her universe fashion show 2018, her universe fashion show 2018 winners, her universe 2019, her universe junior fashion show, her universe contest 2019
her universe location
San Diego, CA (from release) – The Her Universe Fashion Show returned to San Diego Comic-Con International (SDCC) with a standing room only crowd celebrating “The Power of Fashion.” Critically acclaimed as one of the must-see events each year at SDCC, host Ashley Eckstein (founder of Her Universe, Star Wars’ Ahsoka Tano) further demonstrated her commitment to inclusiveness, empowerment and mental health awareness. Powerful designs, powerful moments and powerful statements ruled the night. Actress/host Tiffany Smith (Harry & Meghan: Becoming Royal) joined the show as Eckstein’s co-host.
Presented by Her Universe, Hot Topic and DreamWorks Animation’s She-Ra and the Princesses of Power and in partnership with Cartoon Network, BoxLunch and The Pop Insider, The Her Universe Fashion Show opened with Eckstein dazzling the crowd with a transformative She-Ra and the Princesses of Power – inspired gown designed by 2014 Her Universe Fashion Show Winner Andrew MacLaine with custom accessories by designer Harmony Leiker. Eckstein announced that the companies initially came together when she was cast to voice an upcoming character in the critically-acclaimed Netflix original series from DreamWorks Animation.
Her Universe and Hot Topic also surprised the packed audience of over 2,000 fans with the announcement that a Haunted Mansion Fashion Collection by Her Universe is coming to Hot Topic and BoxLunch stores nationwide this fall. In celebration of the 50th Anniversary of the iconic Disneyland ride, Eckstein wore a custom couture pant suit inspired by the famous Haunted Mansion wallpaper, designed by 2015 Her Universe Fashion Show winner Leetal Platt.
Other highlights from the night included the first-ever Her Universe Wizarding World collection of wearable dresses inspired by Harry Potter film characters Hermione Granger, Luna Lovegood and Fleur Delacour.
Ashley Eckstein also made a powerful statement with her On Our Sleeves™ themed dress for mental health as part of her ongoing work with Nationwide Children’s Hospital.
This year’s winning designers, who will design their work starting tomorrow at Comic-Con, are below:
Judges winner – Adria Renee for her Destination: Isla Nublar look inspired by Jurassic Park
Audience winner – Sarah Hambly for her Bodak Green look inspired by Marvel’s Loki
As part of the Cartoon Network Junior Designer Showcase, three winners and three honorable mention designers ranging in age from 6-17 also hit the runway in their original Steven Universe themed designs.
Presented by Her Universe, Hot Topic and DreamWorks Animation’s She-Ra and the Princesses of Power in partnership with Cartoon Network, BoxLunch and The Pop Insider, this year’s 6th annual event brought together an all-new group of 24 aspiring designers who presented their original geek couture designs on the runway. The winners were awarded the opportunity to design a fashion collection with Her Universe for leading pop-culture retailer Hot Topic.
Cartoon Network returned to The Her Universe Fashion Show this year with its second Junior Designer Showcase – a competition for aspiring designers between ages 6-17. The three winners of the Junior Designer Contest were presented with the opportunity to collaborate with Her Universe on a collection inspired by Steven Universe for the pop-culture and gifting retailer BoxLunch in 2020. Espionage Cosmetics once again returned as the hair and makeup sponsor for this year’s Her Universe Fashion Show, creating powerful looks for the models.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Former Oakland Mayor Elihu Harris On ESPN 30-For-30 Raiders Al Davis vs. NFL – The Aftermath
- Elihu Harris Former Oakland Mayor On ESPN 30-For-30, “Al Davis Versus The NFL”
- Walk Down MacArthur Blvd To Grand Av In Oakland Adams Point Made Into Instagram Art
- Oakland Marriott City Center Has Striking Mural Of Young Black Girl At Play That’s Amazing
- Detroit Tigers vs Oakland Athletics Highlights April 16, 2021 – MLB Highlights | MLB Season 2021
- Peaceful Demonstration Over Deadly Police Shootings Turns Violent in Oakland
- Demonstration in Oakland to Protest Police Shootings Turns Violent
- Kevin Samuels And Kevin Durant Use White-Owned Social Media To Say Bad Things About Black Folks
- Oakland NAACP Response to District Curriculum Adoption Recommendation.
- COVID-19 Vaccine At Dodger Stadium – By Joseph Armendariz
- The Alley Cat Bar In Oakland At 3325 Grand Avenue To Reopen Thursday April 22 2021
- Erica Chapman Makeup Artist In Deshaun Watson Lawsuit Poses Prostitute Problem For Tony Buzbee
- Marshawn Lynch: Sitting Down With Dr. Anthony Fauci
- OUSD Oakland Girls To Be In Soroptimist International’s “Steps to Success” On Saturday
- Derrick Soo Says WhereDoWeGoOakland.tv, A Remarkable Oakland Housing Effort, Is Active
- Sam Wilson Becomes Captain America In The Epic Falcon And The Winter Soldier Episode 5
- President Joe Biden Statement On The Mass Shooting In Indianapolis, Indiana
- TUTORIAL: Register for Oakland’s Online Permit Portal!
- OSA IM Piano Recital-A Trip to Europe: Baroque to Contemporary
- City Of Oakland Says Check Your Permit Status