Brett Kavanaugh, the choice of President Trump to replace the late Antonin Scalia, went through a bruising confirmation hearing process that, because of the Republican voting advantage, will be for naught. Still, the effort to communicate the concern that Kavanaugh’s tone-deaf with respect to civil rights, has commenced.
Vanita Gupta, president and CEO of The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights, issued the following statement on the conclusion of Brett Kavanaugh’s Supreme Court confirmation hearing:
“At the end of these four days, one thing is crystal clear—Brett Kavanaugh must not be confirmed to the Supreme Court. He offered no assurance that his extreme views wouldn’t follow him to the highest court in the land, and he refused to prove that he would be an independent check on the president who nominated him.
“Kavanaugh offered no hope that he would be a neutral and fair-minded justice committed to civil and human rights, protections for those with pre-existing conditions, the ability of women to control their own bodies, the rights of LGBTQ people, voting rights, labor rights, immigrant rights, disability rights, environmental protection, and the separation of powers. Moreover, some of his statements and recently disclosed writings show problematic inconsistencies and call into question the veracity of his previous sworn testimony before Congress.
“Kavanaugh unwillingness to speak truthfully reinforces the need for the Senate and the public to access his Bush White House records, most of which continue to be blocked by a coordinated partisan effort to hide the nominee’s record. And when some senators challenged the unprecedented secrecy behind this nomination and demanded transparency, they were chastised and threatened with expulsion. Senators and the American people are entitled to review the records of anyone considered for a lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court.
“All senators must take seriously their constitutional advice and consent role in this process and reject this nomination.”
For more information about the groundswell of opposition to Kavanaugh’s confirmation, please visit saveSCOTUS.org.
The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights is a coalition charged by its diverse membership of more than 200 national organizations to promote and protect the rights of all persons in the United States. The Leadership Conference works toward an America as good as its ideals. For more information on The Leadership Conference and its member organizations, visit www.civilrights.org.
LET ZENNIE62MEDIA TELL YOUR STORY
Let ZENNIE62MEDIA Tell The Story About You The Media Refuses To Produce. Visit our site and hire Zennie62Media.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- The Oakland A’s Never “Rooted In Oakland” – Las Vegas Mayor Says Relocation Talk 2 Years Old
- Oakland Athletics In RelocationTalks for 2 Years According To LV Review Journal – by Richard Haick
- City Of Oakland Eviction Moratorium Not Impacted By Federal Ruling
- RaceTrac Fayetteville Ga Gas Pumps Out Of Gas Except Diesel Due To Cyberattack
- 2021 NFL Schedule Revealed On NFL Network’s Schedule Release 21 Show
- NFL Gives Nine Social Justice Programs $2.5 Million
- SF Bay Area Bicycle Is Back With Bike Oakland: Bancroft And International
- Rockets Kill 2 Israelis, Airstrikes Kill 28 In Gaza | MSNBC
- Crocker Highlands Mid-Century, Oakland, CA, 94610
- Violent Israeli-Palestinian Unrest Kills At Least 33 | The 11th Hour
- MLB tells Oakland A’s to start exploring other cities
- Team Coverage: Major League Baseball Greenlights Oakland A’s To Consider Relocating
- Talk’s Las Vegas Athletics For Oakland A’s Relocation But Portland Has 50K Signatures For MLB Ballpark
- Rep Liz Chaney Speech On House Floor On Eve Of Vote To Oust Her From House GOP Leadership
- Las Vegas Raiders New Number Changers For 2021 Season. By Joseph Armendariz
- May 11, 2021
- Livestream: Blame To Go Around In Oakland A’s Relocation Threat? Start With Oakland Athletics
- MLB Ask Oakland Athletics To Threaten Relocation – Oakland City Council’s Progressive Wing Steps In
- Live: Dr. Fauci Testifies At Senate Hearing On Covid-19 Response | NBC News
- Watching Amanda Gorman Keynote At Professional Business Woman California Conference 2021