California State Senator Hannah Beth Jackson announced her endorsement today supporting Buffy Wicks to serve as the next Assemblymember for District 15.
“I am proud to announce my support of Buffy Wicks for State Assembly,” said Senator Jackson. California needs leaders like Buffy who can build the coalitions we need to continue to fight for policies to make California the most family-friendly state in the country. Policies like paid family leave, assuring quality public education and fighting for affordable childcare. Buffy’s progressive values, experience and temperament will make her an effective advocate for District 15. We need more leaders like Buffy in Sacramento.”
“Senator Jackson is a tremendous and effective leader in Sacramento and I am honored to earn her support,” said Buffy Wicks. “She is a tireless advocate for working people in California and in particular for women’s equality in the workplace. I am ready to go to Sacramento to fight alongside with Senator Jackson and deliver on policies that will advance stronger paid leave policies, pay equity and universal, affordable, quality healthcare.”
Other leaders endorsing Buffy include President Barack Obama, United States Senator Kamala Harris, California Lt. Governor Gavin Newsom, Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf, SF Mayor London Breed, Richmond Mayor Tom Butt, El Cerrito Mayor Gabe Quinto, Emeryville Mayor John Bauters, Hercules Mayor Chris Kelley, Piedmont Vice Mayor Teddy King and many other community leaders across the district. In addition, she is endorsed by the East Bay Times and East Bay Express newspapers as well as the Sheet Metal Workers’ Local 104 and the Northern California Carpenters Regional Council.
Buffy Wicks is a community organizer, progressive advocate and a grassroots activist with experience at the local, state and federal level. Grassroots organizing has been a centerpiece of her campaign, with more than 160 house parties and a team of over 500 volunteers who knocked on over 35,000 doors. This grassroots support translated to Buffy winning every city in the District in the primary campaign.
More information on Buffy’s platform and priorities can be found at www.buffywicks.com.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Livestream: Blame To Go Around In Oakland A’s Relocation Threat? Start With Oakland Athletics
- MLB Ask Oakland Athletics To Threaten Relocation – Oakland City Council’s Progressive Wing Steps In
- Live: Dr. Fauci Testifies At Senate Hearing On Covid-19 Response | NBC News
- Watching Amanda Gorman Keynote At Professional Business Woman California Conference 2021
- Ben Barlett Berkeley Councilmember Meetings On Traffic, Fire Safety This Week
- Ultra Black News | Ahmed Muhammad | Oakland Tech’s First Black Male Valedictorian
- Asian American Attacks: Couple Dragged In Brazen Parking Lot Robbery In Oakland
- 5 7 2021 Auto Accident Hit N Run Oakland East 14th & 2nd
- Zennie62 YouTube At 2008 DNC Convention, United Airlines Flight To Denver, Meeting Ashley Wolfe Long
- Kenny Mayne: ESPN Tried To Keep Kenny Mayne For Less But He Said No – No Tears Here
- Andrew Peterson Oakland CIO Gets Harari Conscious Leadership And Social Innovation Award
- Oakland Councilmember Sheng Thao And Oakland Mutual Aid Collective Will Distribute PPE Kits To Students May 11th
- Ca Governor Gavin Newsom’s $100 Billion Rental Assistance Plan Debut With Oakland Mayor Schaff
- Governor Newsom Unveils his Economic Recovery Package
- Tim Sullivan Of Louisville Courier Journal Ambush Marketing In-And-Out Burger On CNN?
- Rotary Club Of Oakland Features Gary Meyer On The Oscars May 06 2021
- Resurrection Oakland Church | May 9, 2021. 10am
- Sharing The Beauty Of Lake Merritt, Oakland, California – Mothers Day 2021
- Mothers Day Drum Circle – Lake Merritt, Oakland, California, 2021
- Bike Oakland & Alameda: Alameda, Bay Farm, and 66th Ave