The wait for the second trailer for the upcoming Godzilla, King Of The Monsters movie is over. This movie must open at Allan Michaan’s Grand Lake Theater in Oakland, California.
The suspense for this preview of the Warner Bros and Legendary Pictures movie produced by Mary Parent, Alex Garcia, Brian Rogers, and Thomas Tull, written by Max Borenstein, Michael Dougherty, Zach Shields, directed by Michael Doughtery and starring Mille Bobby Brown, Kyle Chandler, Vera Farmiga, Sally Hawkins, O’Shea Jackson Jr., Ken Watanabe, and Bradley Whitford has built to a fever pitch that has resulted in “Godzilla” achieving “worldwide trend” status on Twitter as of right now.
The second trailer is the best one of its kind this blogger has ever seen, and that goes back a long way. “Zennie62” is because Zennie Abraham’s birthday is August 4th, 1962.
The idea of Zennie62 is to capture in media the sweep of social and cultural change since that date. The birth of what are called the “Giant Monsters” in cinema happened during the 1960s, so this YouTuber has seen a lot of trailers of movies featuring creatures larger than small skyscrapers.
The biggest anticipated movie release regarding Godzilla before “Godzilla, King Of The Monsters” was the 1998 version produced by Roland Emmerich and Dean Devlin. A cool commercial presented a scene where Godzilla was supposedly stomping through Wall Street causing cars to bounce up and down made lovers of the Japanese giant giddy with excitement.
And while many took to online forums (the social media of the day) to communicate that they wanted to actually see Godzilla in the commercial, everyone was willing to hope for the best.
Sadly, all of that pent up anticipation was rapidly chilled by what was presented: a smaller-than-expected “Godzilla” who ran away from the American military; something the real Godzilla wouldn’t do in his sleep.
Today, 2018, brings better special effects, higher expectations, and a different story: Legendary got it right.
With over 20,000 tweets, and a ranking of number 10 on the worldwide trend” status on Twitter, Twitter’s going crazy over Godzilla, King Of The Monsters Trailer 2.
Here’s a sample of some of them:
I need everybody to understand something. We are somehow getting a $150+ million budget version of Godzilla VS Ghidorah. #GodzillaKingofMonsters
WE LIVE IN INCREDIBLE TIMES. pic.twitter.com/24iyw7YuCC
— Ben B. Singer (@BenBSinger) December 10, 2018
when Ghidorah shows up to get his ass whooped by Godzilla Mothra and Rodan for the 300th time pic.twitter.com/FXx1gq2vuf
— Gojee-Ho! 🐊✨@ Commissions open! (@GojeeSenpai) December 10, 2018
— IGN (@IGN) December 10, 2018
The New ‘GODZILLA: KING OF THE MONSTERS’ Trailer, somehow, managed to be just as epic as the first trailer. The action looks absolutely mind-blowing, the story actually seems interesting, & the CGI is astoundingly breathtaking. We couldn’t be more excited! pic.twitter.com/cmzDssgXV7
— DR Movie News (@DRMovieNews) December 10, 2018
Godzilla’s motto has never applied more:
— 🎅 Karen Catizone🎄 (@Mugsysam) December 10, 2018
There are many instances where the film hints on bringing back specific instances of the Godzilla mythos, while also continuing running themes that occurred in Godzilla (2014) and Kong: Skull Island (2017) such as the connection between humans and Kaiju, emphasizing nature. pic.twitter.com/HKx5hUMxWd
— barry (@eyeswidekubrick) December 10, 2018
— Dr_Gojira (@GojiraDr) December 10, 2018
Still worried about this film since Edwards isn’t at the helm, but Godzilla: King of the Monsters looks great. Okay, that last zooming shot looks cheap and out of place, but what a gorgeous and epic trailer. I’m here for monster mayhem.
— Nicholas Slayton @ Chrismukkah-Con (@NSlayton) December 10, 2018
Godzilla King Of The Monsters: A True, Modern Monster Movie For Our Times
At a time where people expect much more for their entertainment dollar, and advanced special effects have made audiences experts at what’s good and what is subpar, Godzilla King Of The Monsters clearly delivers and we have only seen the second trailer. Already, fans have taken work-day hours to disect this new entry into the talk about GKOTM, and out of that, more talk and speculation will get the World audience stirred into a massive frenzy over this path-breaking movie.
Why path-breaking? Well, in the 60s, we all knew Godzilla was a dude in a suit. This time, and in an era of genetic engineering, Godzilla is made as if he’s real and with real-World consequences.
And we’ve not even started to talk about Godzilla vs. Kong.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Rombauer Upsets Medina Sprit Comes From Behind To Win The Preakness Stakes – Race Real Time Reaction
- SF Bay Area White “Journalists” Can’t Stand Black Oakland Blogger With His Own Opinion
- East Oakland Stadium Alliance Pushes Coliseum Ballpark With Flooding Future
- Let’s Meet. For Real. Meet In Oakland (full video)
- Base Camp 2021 Kick Off Hype Video
- 2021 Honda CR-V EX 2WD Sale Price Lease Bay Area Oakland Alameda Hayward Fremont San Leandro CA 4553
- Oakland Police Investigate After Elderly Man Attacked
- POOLE PARTY! Jordan Splashes Home 38 Points in Warriors’ Win | May 14, 2021
- Warriors Talk: Jordan Poole on his 38-Point Night vs. Pelicans – May 14, 2021
- Taj Tashombe, Oakland A’s VP Of Gov Affairs Is NAACP 2021 Black Male Achievement Award Winner
- Tony Buzbee Did Approach Deshaun Watson Reps For $100K Settlement Contrary To Recent Claims
- Oakland Fire Department Sends 3,000 Baby Goats Out As News To Distract From Oakland A’s Relocation
- Marjorie Taylor Greene Accused Of Fraud By Local Atlanta TV Station WSB-TV
- dat Krunchy Couple: Trader Joe’s Snack Haul
- Oakland City Council Leaders Email To Rob Manfred MLB Commissioner On Oakland A’s Relocation
- Pyro’s Pastrami Jack London Square Is Oakland’s Best Kept Secret
- 1100 Himself on The Meaning Behind The Word “Hyphy” + Explains Oakland Slang. PT.2
- Rose Haze | Oakland Band | Live Performance at Balanced Breakfast’s Showcase | SxSW 2021
- 2421 67th Avenue Oakland, CA | ColdwellBankerHomes.com
- Bike Oakland & Piedmont: Around Mountain View Cemetery