ONN – GBI Video Of House Shown By AJC Inconclusive In Ahmaud Arbery Case; No Theft Occured
If you’re going to tell any part of a crime story, especially one that has overt racial overtones like the Ahmaud Arbery Case, you’d better work to get it right. What I’m presenting marks one more reason why I don’t call myself a journalistwhy I don’t call myself a journalist as opposed to a blogger / vlogger.
The Atlanta Journal Constitution ran a story on Saturday May 9th, 2020, based on a video the publication called “The AJC” claimed to have received from a mysterious person “outside the GBI”, which is the Georgia Bureau of Investigation. The GBI was called in to look at the Ahmaud Arbery Case at the order of Georgia Governor Brian Kemp. The GBI itself had obtained a set of videos, but not the one claimed by the Atlanta Journal Constitution.
The AJC video, as written about by a man named Brad Schrade, supposedly showed a “man” who was said might be Ahmaud Arbery, going into a home under construction in the part of Brunswick, Georgia, where Arbery was killed. This obsentibly happened before the truck chase where Ahmaud Arbery was eventually shot three times, twice in the chest, once in the wrist. Then, subsequent reports on local television stations in Atlanta, claimed that a video – that video – showed Ahmaud Arbery going into the home.
Then, photos of what to me appeared to be a young black teenager (not a man) and said to be from inside the home under construction, were shown many times on television. So, the new backstory that was being constructed for the public by the media was that Ahmaud Arbery did something wrong.
The AJC video is completely inconclusive. Moreover, the AJC’s Brad Schrade’s original writing left out any mention of a “man under a tree”. I called Brad Schrade to ask why that detail was left out of his text on the video on Monday at 3:34 PM. I explained who I was and that I planned to blog about the problem for Zennie62Media’s Oakland News Now publication that you’re reading. The Pulitzer-Prize-Winning AJC reporter never called me back.
Then, I happened to see the CNN Don Lemon Show, and where the owner of the same house, Larry English, openly said there was no theft of any equipment from the home, and did not say the person in the video was Ahmaud Arbery. As I went to make the vlog that’s above, and read, again, the Schrade post, I noticed that this paragraph was added:
Soon after the figure in shorts and t-shirt enters the construction property, a man wearing what appears to be overalls walks near a stand of trees across the street from the site and the figure appears to be observing the construction site.
Mr. Schrade got my phone call, after all – and responded to it.
Now, let’s see if the AJC’s Brad Schrade will adjust his reporting on the video to reflect what Larry English said on CNN Tuesday night. Otherwise, what Brad Schrade appeared to be writing was nothing more than reputation management, and for the persons who Ahmaud Arbery, Gregory McMichael, 64-years-old, and his 34-year-old son, Travis McMichael. I should know, since Zennie62Media is often called in to counter such mainstream media efforts at what I call ‘fixing the truth.’
In this case, Zennie62Media was not hired by anyone. I simply felt it necessary to enter the issue and correct an obvious problem that threatened to block justice.
Note from Zennie62Media and Oakland News Now: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Former Oakland Mayor Elihu Harris On ESPN 30-For-30 Raiders Al Davis vs. NFL – The Aftermath
- Elihu Harris Former Oakland Mayor On ESPN 30-For-30, “Al Davis Versus The NFL”
- Walk Down MacArthur Blvd To Grand Av In Oakland Adams Point Made Into Instagram Art
- Oakland Marriott City Center Has Striking Mural Of Young Black Girl At Play That’s Amazing
- Detroit Tigers vs Oakland Athletics Highlights April 16, 2021 – MLB Highlights | MLB Season 2021
- Peaceful Demonstration Over Deadly Police Shootings Turns Violent in Oakland
- Demonstration in Oakland to Protest Police Shootings Turns Violent
- Kevin Samuels And Kevin Durant Use White-Owned Social Media To Say Bad Things About Black Folks
- Oakland NAACP Response to District Curriculum Adoption Recommendation.
- COVID-19 Vaccine At Dodger Stadium – By Joseph Armendariz
- The Alley Cat Bar In Oakland At 3325 Grand Avenue To Reopen Thursday April 22 2021
- Erica Chapman Makeup Artist In Deshaun Watson Lawsuit Poses Prostitute Problem For Tony Buzbee
- Marshawn Lynch: Sitting Down With Dr. Anthony Fauci
- OUSD Oakland Girls To Be In Soroptimist International’s “Steps to Success” On Saturday
- Derrick Soo Says WhereDoWeGoOakland.tv, A Remarkable Oakland Housing Effort, Is Active
- Sam Wilson Becomes Captain America In The Epic Falcon And The Winter Soldier Episode 5
- President Joe Biden Statement On The Mass Shooting In Indianapolis, Indiana
- TUTORIAL: Register for Oakland’s Online Permit Portal!
- OSA IM Piano Recital-A Trip to Europe: Baroque to Contemporary
- City Of Oakland Says Check Your Permit Status