JOINT STATEMENT FROM OAKLAND AREA CHAMBERS
Five Chambers – One Oakland
Oakland African American Chamber of Commerce, Oakland Chinatown Chamber of Commerce, Oakland Latino Chamber of Commerce, Oakland Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce and Oakland Vietnamese Chamber of Commerce
March 4, Oakland, CA- Standing together as crime rises in Oakland, the five Oakland multicultural Chambers of Commerce, representing thousands of local and small businesses across our great city, stand united against hatred, mis-information and divisive rhetoric. We share the same mission – to nurture, support and grow Oakland businesses of all sizes, encourage job creation for our local workforce and to enhance the quality of life for all Oaklanders. For well over 30 years, we have come together to sustain this collective mission and support each other – believing social solidarity lifts everyone toward a better future.
Over the past few weeks, the eyes of the local and national media have been fixated on our town. Unfortunately, the stories have focused on Oakland’s ever increasing crime rates, particularly in Chinatown. We oppose any/all efforts to politicize or polarize our community – and will support efforts to keep our residents safe.
Our joint chambers work collaboratively in many civic areas including:
· Provide financial and technical assistance to local businesses during COVID-19 pandemic.
· Raise funds to support our city’s unsheltered residents and work collectively to create comprehensive strategies to combat homelessness.
· Raise emergency funds to support small businesses and community organizations.
· Support efforts to address racial economic equity among City contracts
· Partner, advocate and amplify the work of the BID Alliance – representing thousands of small businesses citywide.
· Support a local regulatory framework that grows jobs in our City for our residents.
We stand together to ensure our local businesses, residents and visitors feel safe, regardless of race, color, creed, gender, religion, origin, or sexual preference.
In order for our town to remain functional, it must rely on a web of mutuality and a willingness to share with each – acknowledging no one person nor one group can do it alone. City leaders, elected and appointed, must work together with each other and the business community to create and implement strategies which promote greater public safety in every community, increase economic stability and enhance a quality of life for all.
In the annual Pulse of Oakland poll, Oakland residents continually report that the thing they love most about Oakland is its diversity. Oakland embodies the best of America. We are five chambers working to promote business sustainability, job creation as well as a safe and unified City for our residents.
We represent ONE OAKLAND.
Post based on press release from Oakland Chambers to Zennie62Media
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Rooga on Doing ‘Exposing Me’ Remix After King Von Dissed His Dead Brother (Part 20) October 25, 2021
- FPL Gameweek 10 | The FPL Wire | Fantasy Premier League Tips 2021/22 October 25, 2021
- 🏈🏀🏒 BEST BETS for MONDAY: Saints-Seahawks Picks, NBA Predictions & NHL Best Bets October 25, 2021
- ‘Absolutely, this is a coup’: Adviser to Sudan’s PM speaks to CNN October 25, 2021
- $1000 for Tom Brady’s Game Ball? | Good Morning Football October 25, 2021
- FREE NFL 10/25/21 Picks and Predictions Today NFL Betting Tips and Analysis October 25, 2021
- Amazon is a microcosm of the U.S. economy, says Fast Money editor October 25, 2021
- Chicago Bears Live – Matt Nagy Media Availability October 25, 2021
- NBA Betting Today – Monday 10/25 – Picks + Props + Sports Betting Analysis October 25, 2021
- Julianna Margulies on playing an LGBTQ+ character on “The Morning Show” October 25, 2021
- Storm dumps fresh snow across the sierra October 25, 2021
- Jumpsuit Plus Sizes / Women’s Clothing Boutique Fashion Trends 💕 October 25, 2021
- Turk: If I Was Still an Addict, I Would Look for the Drugs that Killed Michael K Williams (Part 15) October 25, 2021
- Citigroup CEO: ‘Very tangible benefits’ come from digital currencies October 25, 2021
- Finn Bálor’s Demon summons him: WWE Canvas 2 Canvas October 25, 2021
- Awarding the Best Performances of Week 7 | Good Morning Football October 25, 2021
- New Jersey Governor: We Can’t Afford To Go Backwards October 25, 2021
- Sexy Stylish Skirts / Women’s Clothing Boutique Fashion Trends 🌸 October 25, 2021
- #Shorts Rachel Scott of ABC News gives us a news brief on Texas Abortion Law Consequences October 25, 2021
- Verizon Game Rewind | Warriors Complete California Sweep in Sacramento – Oct. 24, 2021 October 25, 2021
- BREAKING: Petrol price hits a record 142.94p per litre October 25, 2021
- Understanding Facebook’s issues ahead of the company’s Q3 earnings report October 25, 2021
- Rex Ryan does NOT believe in the Green Bay Packers’ defense | Get Up October 25, 2021
- ‘Squid Game’ sparks global Korean Dalgona candy craze October 25, 2021
- Top African goalscorers | Premier League | Riyad Mahrez, Mohamed Salah, Didier Drogba & more October 25, 2021
- Braves headed to the World Series for the first time since 1999 October 25, 2021
- Citigroup CEO Jane Fraser joins Yahoo Finance’s All Markets Summit 2021 October 25, 2021
- ‘Day of reckoning’ for tech industry, Lo Toney says October 25, 2021
- WorldView: Sudan’s acting prime minister detained in apparent military coup October 25, 2021
- Jason Sudeikis Reprises His Joe Biden Impression On ‘Saturday Night Live’ October 25, 2021
- World Series Preview: Astros, Braves show down in 2021 Fall Classic! October 25, 2021
- Tamron Hall talks new book, ‘As the Wicked Watch’ October 25, 2021
- Andrew Ross Sorkin: Facebook Controversies Won’t Impact Company’s Bottom Line October 25, 2021
- Republicans block voting rights bill as filibuster threatens Biden’s agenda October 25, 2021
- Citigroup CEO on inflation: ‘We’re probably in for a bit of a brutal winter’ October 25, 2021
- Nikki A.S.H Learns Things About India: WWE Superstars Ki Paathshala – Ep.3: WWE Now India October 25, 2021
- Alissa Violet SUING FaZe Clan for Shares of $300 Million Org October 25, 2021
- Robert Costa: Trump Was Calling Into Willard ‘War Room’ October 25, 2021
- Setting Up A Make-Or-Break Week For Infrastructure: Where Are We? October 25, 2021
- NBA Picks 10/25/2021 | Free NBA Bets, Picks, and Predictions October 25, 2021