JOINT STATEMENT FROM OAKLAND AREA CHAMBERS
Five Chambers – One Oakland
Oakland African American Chamber of Commerce, Oakland Chinatown Chamber of Commerce, Oakland Latino Chamber of Commerce, Oakland Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce and Oakland Vietnamese Chamber of Commerce
March 4, Oakland, CA- Standing together as crime rises in Oakland, the five Oakland multicultural Chambers of Commerce, representing thousands of local and small businesses across our great city, stand united against hatred, mis-information and divisive rhetoric. We share the same mission – to nurture, support and grow Oakland businesses of all sizes, encourage job creation for our local workforce and to enhance the quality of life for all Oaklanders. For well over 30 years, we have come together to sustain this collective mission and support each other – believing social solidarity lifts everyone toward a better future.
Over the past few weeks, the eyes of the local and national media have been fixated on our town. Unfortunately, the stories have focused on Oakland’s ever increasing crime rates, particularly in Chinatown. We oppose any/all efforts to politicize or polarize our community – and will support efforts to keep our residents safe.
Our joint chambers work collaboratively in many civic areas including:
· Provide financial and technical assistance to local businesses during COVID-19 pandemic.
· Raise funds to support our city’s unsheltered residents and work collectively to create comprehensive strategies to combat homelessness.
· Raise emergency funds to support small businesses and community organizations.
· Support efforts to address racial economic equity among City contracts
· Partner, advocate and amplify the work of the BID Alliance – representing thousands of small businesses citywide.
· Support a local regulatory framework that grows jobs in our City for our residents.
We stand together to ensure our local businesses, residents and visitors feel safe, regardless of race, color, creed, gender, religion, origin, or sexual preference.
In order for our town to remain functional, it must rely on a web of mutuality and a willingness to share with each – acknowledging no one person nor one group can do it alone. City leaders, elected and appointed, must work together with each other and the business community to create and implement strategies which promote greater public safety in every community, increase economic stability and enhance a quality of life for all.
In the annual Pulse of Oakland poll, Oakland residents continually report that the thing they love most about Oakland is its diversity. Oakland embodies the best of America. We are five chambers working to promote business sustainability, job creation as well as a safe and unified City for our residents.
We represent ONE OAKLAND.
Post based on press release from Oakland Chambers to Zennie62Media
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Oakland City Council Unanimously Votes To Use $10 Million To Restore Vital Community Services
- Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce Good On Greens, Fish, Shrimp, And Pasta. Mark Zuckerberg, Thanks!
- Patriots WR Julian Edelman Retires After 11 Years. HOF Next? By: Vinny Lospinuso
- Rapper RIFF RAFF Partnering With NFT Platform Sweet For NFT Collection For Turquoise Tornado Album
- Julian Edelman Failed Physical – Is This The End For Patriots Great Wide Receiver?
- Analyzing NEW Bucs 7-Round Mock Draft
- Zennie62Media Helps OUSD And Oakland REACH, Which Ignores Its Oakland News Now For Lesser NY Times
- Daunte Wright Shooting Was Accidental Says Brooklyn Center MN Police Chief, Gun Pulled Not Taser
- 2021 NFL Mock Draft [FULL 1st Round] | CBS Sports HQ
- President Biden White House Issues American Jobs Plan State By State Report
- Drone Aerial Footage Of Downtown Oakland, City Center, Using The DJI MINI
- Giant Community Band Plays At Oakland Lake Merritt On Sunday
- Will Someone Tell Andy Ngo A Black Guy Protesting Does Not Mean He’s From Black Lives Matter
- Brooklyn Center MN Police Killing Black 20-Yr Old Daunte Wright Over Air-Freshener Leads To Protests
- My Big Fat Greek Wedding 3 Has Tango Shalom Star Lainie Kazan Starring With Nia Vardalos
- Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf, Then Councilmember, At Oakland Global Intermodal Groundbreaking In 2013
- Storytime With Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf At Oakland Public Library On YouTube
- 339 Lester Ave, Unit # 9, Oakland 1 Bedroom Rental Near Grand Lake Theater
- BAFTAs 2021 FULL SHOW | 74th British Academy Film Awards : Nomadland
- Congratulations To Hideki Matsuyama The First Japanese Winner Of The Masters As He Wins 2021 Masters