Fellowship of Christian Athletes Sees the World Transformed by Jesus Christ through the Influence of Coaches and Athletes
Integrity. Serving. Teamwork. Excellence.
Those four words are the core values of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes—giving a foundation from which they can carry the message of Christ to coaches and athletes through the vehicle of sports across the globe.
While each of these core values is fundamental to what FCA does “serving others” is what creates the true impact. Think about it: No other action a person can take leaves as profound an impact on another as serving. It’s a basic, essential part of the daily Christian walk. Each day, FCA is committed to serving others, simply by putting others needs and wishes first.
On a global level, FCA saw an incredibly impactful year, with workers and resources reaching far and wide. Highlights from the past year include the following:
– FCA served in 84 countries (up from 62 countries in 2017) through the faithfulness of 242 international leaders and reached tens of thousands of coaches and athletes through 304 international Camps, while impacting 3,323 coaches through 103 workshops in the 3D Coaching program.
– The number of FCA Huddles internationally has more than doubled since last year, from 876 groups to an amazing 1,775 groups reaching 35,018 attendees.
– As FCA reached out to coaches and athletes in 2018, the ministry celebrated more than 40,000 total commitments to Jesus Christ; 6,900 of these were made through FCA International events and efforts.
– FCA witnessed 18,474 certified Huddles in the U.S. and internationally. These gatherings bring together coaches, teams or students for times of Bible study, prayer and reflection into God’s Word.
– In October for the 15th annual Fields of Faith gatherings, nearly 200,000 people met on more than 500 athletic fields around the world for these student-led events.
This year, FCA also distributed 236,490 Bibles to both new and growing believers.
The Fellowship of Christian Athletes is dedicated to leading every coach and athlete into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and His church. By engaging coaches and athletes relationally with the gospel, equipping them through God’s Word, and empowering them to make disciples of Christ, we can see the world transformed by Jesus Christ through their influence. FCA believes that through the international platform of sport, coaches and athletes have the power to unite, inspire and change the world.