Fellowship Of Christian Athletes Camps: 771 Camps in 43 States Across the Country and 50 Countries Around the World.
Kansas City, Mo.— Memorial Day marked the unofficial start of summer, which means just a few school days remain, and exciting plans are on the horizon for thousands of student-athletes.
Many of those athletes will attend life-changing Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA, www.fca.org) Camps all across the country—and around the world.
This year, FCA is focusing on the 2019 ministry theme of “Let’s Go,” which will also be the basis of the entire Camps season. “Let’s Go” is meant to be said with emphasis because it’s not only the rally cry for many athletes, coaches and teams, but it also should be the goal of Christians when they consider Christ’s call to the Great Commission.
“Many FCA Camps are already under way, and we can’t wait for hundreds of Camps to impact coaches, athletes, teams and entire communities,” said FCA President and CEO Shane Williamson. “Our 2019 Camps theme is bold. The cry of ‘Let’s Go’ reminds us that Jesus is calling anyone who has repented of their sins and believed in Him to action. This isn’t just a suggestion, but an exhortation to all of us to go and make disciples through the sports we love.”
In the summer of 2018, more than 88,000 campers participated in 771 FCA Camps in 43 states and 50 countries for a time of “inspiration and perspiration.” FCA Camps take the best attributes of an athletic-focused camp and a spiritual-focused camp and combines them into an athletic/spiritual experience like none other. FCA Camps remove athletes and coaches from the routine of their sport, friends, co-workers and community, and place them into an exciting, healthy, athletic environment that allows them to pursue their passion for sport and clearly see and hear Christ’s passion for them.
Said one past camper, “FCA Camp has been the greatest experience of my life! Anyone who has not gone to FCA Camp is missing out on one great experience.”
Six different types of Camps exist where competitors can reach their potential through comprehensive athletic, spiritual and leadership training, including Sports Camps (multi-sport and sport-specific camps), Leadership Camps (developing athletes and coaches to be leaders), Coaches Camps (designed to minister, equip and encourage); Team Camps (to come together to compete); Power Camps (typically for athletes 8-12 years of age); and Partnership Camps (FCA partners with some of the best organizations).
Several Camps have already kicked off in April and May, including Mid-Atlantic College Camp in North East, Maryland; Let’s Go, MBCY Camp in Manhattan; FCA Weekend Camp in LaGrande, Oregon; Team Camp at Lake Hume, California; Upper90 Soccer Power Camp in Lilburn, Georgia; Youth Pro Camp in Rochester, New York; and Team FCA Camp in Alexandria, Minnesota, just to name a few. Hundreds of additional camps are set for June, July and August worldwide.
The impact on coaches and athletes has been the main focus of FCA Camps since 1956, with each Camp offering unbelievable fun, outstanding sports training, awesome speakers, incredible friendships and life change. View the 2019 FCA Camps video here and browse camps by location, sport or date at www.fcacamps.org.
View the media page for FCA here. For more information about the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, visit FCA’s web site at www.fca.org, its Facebook page at www.facebook.com/fcafans or its Twitter feed @fcanews.
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- NFL John Gruden Emails Football Press Conference Cold Open – SNL October 17, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Should Go After Eric Bieniemy For Head Coach By Eric Pangilinan October 17, 2021
- Daniel Craig Cameo On SNL With Rami Malik As Host – No Time To Die Stars On Saturday Night Live October 17, 2021
- Film Study: Raiders Offensive Line looks Much Improved vs Bears October 17, 2021
- Braves vs Dodgers Series Preview: #MLB #Baseball #ForTheA #Dodgers #RepeatLA #MLBPlayoffs October 16, 2021
- Stolen Vehicle Pursuit Ends With Bus Crash Into Oakland Home October 16, 2021
- James Bond No Time To Die At Cinemark 17 Fayetteville GA – Our Review Of Daniel Craig’s Classic October 16, 2021
- Best of Jordan Poole’s 2021-22 Preseason! October 16, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Marcus Mariota Activated To The Active Roster By Eric Pangilinan October 16, 2021
- Boxing Who Will Tyson Fury Fight Next? Anthony Joshua ? By Eric Pangilinan October 16, 2021
- AYS! CHAMP DEWAYNE BEAMON! NFL SURPRISES! RAIDERS PREVIEW! FREE PICKS! MLB PLAYOFFS! JOHN GRUDEN!! October 16, 2021
- Raiders Prepare for First Game Without Gruden | Vegas Nation Gameday October 16, 2021
- Paul Salata NFL Mr Irrelevant Week Founder And Great Friend Passed Away October 16, 2021
- On NFL Emails Jeff Pash, Bruce Allen Vlog By Joseph Armendariz – Setting The Record Straight, Gruden October 16, 2021
- Should The Raiders Hire Eric Bieniemy & Mike Kafka In 2022? Mike Mayock Will Also Get Fired? Q&A October 16, 2021
- Dodgers NLCS vs the Braves: Bubble Rematch for the Pennant | MLB Postseason 2021 October 16, 2021
- Red Sox vs. Astros ALCS Game 1 Highlights (10/15/21) | MLB Highlights October 16, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Would Mark Davis Promote Gus Bradley To Head Coach ? By Eric Pangilinan October 16, 2021
- Imagine the Gateway at UC Berkeley October 16, 2021
- Xanadu, Primus, A Tribute to Kings, Berkeley, CA., October 15, 2021 October 16, 2021
- Primus – “Jilly’s On Smack” – Live 10-15-2021 – The Greek Theatre – Berkeley, CA October 16, 2021
- Primus – Shake Hands with Beef – 2021-10-15 Berkeley, CA October 16, 2021
- Garbage Pickup Gone Wrong: How the City of Berkeley is “cleaning” curbside communities October 16, 2021
- Upcoming Events at Allen Temple Baptist Church Oakland for the week of 10/17/21 October 16, 2021
- 2591 Leimert Blvd Oakland, CA 94602 October 16, 2021
- Before & After Staging of 2840 Carmel St Oakland│ Realtor Sheila Zarekari │ Just Local Homes October 16, 2021
- Our First Ever Offseason! | Oakland Roots Expansion NBA 2k22 | #2 October 16, 2021
- HSN | Shopping with Colleen – Let’s Holiday 10.16.2021 – 01 PM October 16, 2021
- All of Our Goals Are Ahead of Us | Raiders vs. Broncos | Week 6 | Trailer | NFL October 16, 2021
- Friday Ratings: Baseball Playoffs Dominate The Demo Wars, But ‘Blue Bloods” Still The Viewership Kin October 16, 2021