GBI Investigates Officer Involved Shooting in Fayette County, Georgia. It involved Rodriguez Kemp of Stone Mountain, GA, who attempted to open fire on a Fayetteville Police Officer and a Fayette County Sheriff’s Deputy.
Fayetteville, GA – (press release) On Friday, December 21, 2018, at approximately 10:00 p.m., the GBI was requested by the Fayetteville Police Department and the Fayette County Sheriff’s Office to investigate an officer involved shooting that occurred near the intersection of Banks Road and GA Highway 85 in Fayetteville, GA.
Preliminary information indicates that around 9:15 p.m., a Meriwether County Sheriff’s Office deputy was located on GA Highway 85 South and attempted to perform a traffic stop on a vehicle driven by a male subject, identified as Rodriguez Kemp, 36, of Stone Mountain, GA. Upon the deputy activating his blue lights and siren, Kemp fled, and a vehicle pursuit ensued. At some point during the pursuit, Kemp turned around and began fleeing northbound on GA Highway 85 into Coweta County. Senoia Police Department and Coweta County Sheriff’s Office also began to pursue Kemp. The pursuit continued into Fayette County where the Fayette County Sheriff’s Office and Fayetteville Police Department took the lead. A Fayetteville Police Department officer deployed “stop-sticks” in an attempt to stop or slow the vehicle. The tires on Kemp’s vehicle were punctured, but Kemp continued to flee from officers. Nearing the intersection of Banks Road and GA Highway 85, a Fayette County Sheriff’s Deputy performed a PIT maneuver on Kemp’s vehicle. This maneuver was successful in stopping Kemp’s vehicle. Officers from the Fayetteville Police Department and Fayette County Sheriff’s Office approached the vehicle to arrest Kemp. At this time, Kemp, armed with a shotgun, began to fire upon the officers approaching his vehicle. After being fired upon, officers returned fire, striking Kemp numerous times. Officers began to render aid to Kemp and called for EMS to respond to the scene. EMS responded and subsequently transported Kemp to Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta where he is listed in critical condition.
No officers were injured during this incident.
The GBI will conduct its independent investigation. Once complete, it will be turned over to the Griffin Judicial Circuit District Attorney’s Office for review.
Related Posts (YARPP)
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Carroll Fife, District 3 Oakland Councilmember, Talks Housing And Homeless Problems With Experts
- Mandela Station At West Oakland BART Shows New City In City
- Self-Service Buffets Return To Las Vegas Strip
- Dogecoin Cools After Week Of Dramatic Growth Ahead Of Elon Musk On SNL
- Oakland Police Department On Unsolved Homicide Of Henry Texada
- Oakland Police Captain Jones With Ceasefire, Captain Holmgren Talk Violent Crime
- Mass Vaccination Site at Oakland Coliseum Closing
- Leigh Steinberg Talks NFL Post 2021 Draft – Will COVID-19 Be The Same Problem As 2020?
- Carroll Fife Oakland District 3 Councilmember On Housing, Homelessness, and Reform
- This Bullying Oakland Mayor Schaaf Has Gone Too Far – Terrorizing Libby As Evil As Police Brutality
- SpaceX’s Starship SN15 Makes First Landing Without Exploding
- John Jones Has A Major Surprise For Oakland California Friends, Politicians
- Oakland Planning Commission Approved Giant 415 20th Skyscraper Ignores Homeless – Thomas Berkeley?
- Oakland Planning Commission Meets Livestream On 415 20th, The Tallest Building In Oakland, If Built
- Oakland And San Francisco Hire California Movers USA For Your Next Relocation
- 415 20th Street Will Be Oakland’s Tallest Building, Draw 3,800 Employees – Planning Commission Says It Has No Impact
- Oakland Lacrosse Club, Oakland Athletic League, OUSD Partner For Girls Lacrosse League
- Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow: The Futurism Of Walt Disney
- Weather Forecast Oakland, California 05/05/2021
- SF Bay Area Bicycle Is Back With: Bike Oakland Ride To The New Ghost Town