FAYETTE COUNTY, Ga.- Is Fayette County GA ground zero for Democrats in 2018?
Can Georgia finally become a state with a governor who’s a Democrat, let alone it’s first black female leader? Is 2018 the year Georgia finally turns blue? Since this vlogger’s spending most of his time in Fayette County Georgia for his Mom, and has been a life-long, Democrat, and one of the first ever to be credentialed as a blogger to the Democratic National Convention (that was 2008) and is currently on the White House Press List that President Obama put him on in 2012, the itch to get out there, see what was going on, and meet the one man who could give some answers was finally scratched on Monday, July 9.
That was the day of the evening gathering of the Fayette County Democratic Party. After receiving email after email on the organizations activities, and from its spark plug Leonard Presberg, I went over to the event – and boy was it crowded! Standing room only and full of nice and energetic people this Oakland-dweller never met. All of them came to get involved in helping former state Rep. Stacey Abrams become Governor of Georgia.
In fact, Former Rep. Stacey Abrams, was scheduled to attend, but had a change of plans due to another event she had to attend with the local rapper T.I. That did not seem to dampen the sprits of the attendees, who were eager to learn of how to get involved and listened to a number of speakers. Now, I’ll tell you, you can visit the Fayette County Democrats Facebook Page and website to get all of those answers, because this post is about my talk with Mr. Leonard Presburg.
Is this is the year Georgia turns blue? “I think it is,” said Mr. Presberg. “I think with all of the promise chaos we see in the Republican Party and the promise chaos we need in the Republican gubernatorial candidates. The Supreme Court makes the states more important, and who the governor is vitally more important. In terms of protecting women’s health care. In terms of protecting (us) from gun violence.”
To me, Georgia and its people are a lot more liberal than they let on, so it seems it’s only a matter of time before it becomes blue. Presberg remarked that Stacey Abrams says Georgia really is a Democratic state, but it’s just “confused.”
The Film Industry Is Changing Georgia
Given that I live in Oakland, California, and have covered entertainment-related events like the Academy Awards and San Diego Comic Con over the past nine years, I have talked with many involved in various aspects of filmmaking about how California’s losing it’s production activity to Georgia.
Well, ok…lost it to Georgia.
One special effects house executive I met at San Diego Comic Con two years ago was quizzing me about who he should talk to about getting in line to bid on more work not in California, but in Georgia, and specificially Fayette County, where Pinewood Studios Atlanta Fayetteville, Georgia is located. All of this has to have an impact on Georgia’s culture and way of thinking about the World. Mr. Presberg confirmed that in our conversation, saying that the film industry in Georgia makes it become more open to accepting different kinds of people.
All of that just may combine with the current state of politics in America to turn Georgia blue. But I have to remark I do hope that Georgia maintains the good aspects of life down here: foremost among them that people here seem to like other people, even if they may find a Californian like me rather different.
That’s not to put down any other religion at all, but to say that in a World that’s becoming ever more complicated and intolerant, and coldly tech, it’s good to see that at least one part of America still believes in God and a more “non-tech” way of communicating: get out there, put down the cell phone, and meet people.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Timeline of disappearance of Gabby Petito September 19, 2021
- Saints Loss To Panthers Because Coaches Weren’t Prepared, Left Jameis Winston With Bad Game Plan September 19, 2021
- Oakland, CA – Random BAY AREA ROAD TRIP VLOG w Best Fren Lolo! – IamLindaElaine September 19, 2021
- Body Found In Gabby Petito Search Effort In Wyoming – Update September 19, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Upset Win vs Pittsburgh Steelers 26 – 17, Derek Carr On 7,000 Yd Pace For 2021 September 19, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders QB Derek Carr Last Two Games Has 817 Total Passing Yards By Eric Pangilinan September 19, 2021
- Raiders Live: Postgame Pressers – 9.19.21 | Week 2 | Las Vegas Raiders September 19, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders 2-0 Henry Ruggs III Stepped It Up In Week Two By Eric Pangilinan September 19, 2021
- Golden Bears earn first win of season in 42-30 victory over Hornets September 19, 2021
- Resurrection Oakland Church | September 19, 2021. 10am September 19, 2021
- LIVE: Saints-Panthers Postgame Show Week 2 | 2021 NFL September 19, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders: Alex Leatherwood Out For 2nd Half With Injury By Joseph Armendariz September 19, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders: Offensive Line Struggles In First Half At Steelers By Joseph Armendariz September 19, 2021
- Saints At Panthers – Will Jameis Winston Run Sean Payton’s Mike Martz Passing Approach? September 19, 2021
- Raiders vs Steelers Game Betting Prediction – Take Pittsburgh Give Points To Las Vegas September 19, 2021
- Oakland School For The Arts 8th Grade Promotion 2021 September 19, 2021
- Oakland School For The Arts Class 2021 Graduation September 19, 2021
- Twenty-Fourth Sunday in Ordinary Time – Mass at Our Lady of Lourdes – Oakland – September 12th, 2021 September 19, 2021
- Best Nursing Schools in Oakland, California, United States September 19, 2021
- #1 Alabama vs #11 Florida: Extended Highlights | CBS Sports HQ September 19, 2021
- Nick Saban talks Alabama’s win vs. Florida | ESPN College Football September 19, 2021
- UCLA vs. Fresno State Postgame Press Conference After Upset Loss To Fresno State September 19, 2021
- Fresno State stuns No. 13 UCLA after an unforgettable fourth quarter September 19, 2021
- Ben Bartlett Berkeley City Council Member on “Democracy and Defending our Civil Rights” September 19, 2021
- Berkeley’s Homeless Crisis with Ben Bartlett Berkeley City Council Member September 19, 2021