Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram to Hit 6.5B Users by 2023, an 800 Million Increase in Two Years Means Mark Zuckerberg And Susan Wojcicki Are King And Queen Of The World
Last year has witnessed a surge in the number of social media users, with billions of people spending more time than ever on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube amid the lockdowns. However, the world’s largest social media platforms continued their growth in 2021 with no signs of stopping in the years to come.
According to data presented by StockApps.com, the combined number of Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram users, as the three most popular social media platforms globally, is expected to hit 5.7 billion this year. The increasing trend is set to continue in the following years, with the number of users growing by another 800 million to 6.5 billion in 2023.
340 Million New Facebook Users in Three Years
As the leading social media app worldwide, Facebook has witnessed a remarkable growth of its user base. In 2019, the popular social media platform had over 2.1 billion million active users, revealed the Statista Key Market Indicators data. After the pandemic struck and millions of people started spending more time indoors and online, the number of Facebook users rose to nearly 2.3 billion. This figure is expected to hit 2.4 billion in 2021. By 2023, the number of people using Facebook is forecast to hit 2.63 billion, a 340 million increase in three years.
The Statista data showed Asia is the region with the biggest Facebook audience worldwide. In 2021, there were over 1.1 billion Facebook users across all Asian markets, and this figure is projected to grow to 1.24 billion in 2023. The Americas and Europe follow, with 665 million and 385 million users as of this year.
However, the world’s second-largest social media platform, YouTube, witnessed even more impressive growth. Last year, around 2.1 billion people worldwide had been using YouTube. India accounted for the biggest share of that number, with 373 million users in 2020. The United States and Brazil followed with 205 million and 145 million users, respectively.
Statista data indicated the number of people using YouTube is set to jump to 2.24 billion in 2021 and continue growing to 2.56 billion in 2023, a 15% increase in two years.
Instagram Witnessed the Biggest User Growth
Although Facebook and YouTube convincingly lead in the number of users, Instagram, as the third most popular social media platform in 2021, is the most rapidly evolving.
Instagram’s user growth has been consistent and doesn’t show any signs of slowing down. Last year, the photo and video-sharing social networking app hit 926 million users, an impressive 140 million increase in a year. Also, according to Sensor Tower data, Instagram was among the top five most downloaded apps in both the App Store and via Google Play last year.
In 2021, Instagram`s user base is forecast to hit over one billion for the first time, a massive milestone that was seemingly only reserved for social media giants like Facebook. By 2023, the number of people using Instagram is expected to grow by another 23% and hit 1.3 billion worldwide.
Post based on press release to Zennie62Media.
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Why Vish was So Impressed with 49ers QB Trey Lance’s First Start October 19, 2021
- San Francisco 49ers News & Rumors On DeForest Buckner, 49ers Injury Report, Trade Candidates | Q&A October 19, 2021
- MINOR LEAGUE PLAYERS HAVE A PLACE TO LIVE || Starting 9 October 19, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Maxx Crosby Early Candidate For Defense Player Of The Year By Eric Pangilinan October 19, 2021
- San Francisco, Tourism Industry Offer Cash Rewards To Stop Auto Burglary Fencing Operations October 19, 2021
- 882 Alma Pl, Oakland, CA, 94610 October 19, 2021
- Joel Embiid press conference after Ben Simmons was suspended during Sixers practice October 19, 2021
- The Offset Jim Interview: Coming Up in Oakland, Rich Off The Pack, Moving to NYC & More October 19, 2021
- CBS Correspondent Takes a Flying Car Up for a Spin October 19, 2021
- Meet Maxx Crosby’s Rescue Pit Bulls | Episode 2 | Crosby’s Crib | Raiders | NFL October 19, 2021
- TikTok star robbed at gunpoint in San Francisco October 19, 2021
- Top 15 Plays of Week 6 | NFL 2021 Highlights October 19, 2021
- Google Event 2021 Reaction: Pixel 6 Pro Launch October 19, 2021
- All-Access with the Golden State Warriors Veterans October 19, 2021
- Neighbor rescues man from burning home in San Francisco October 19, 2021
- The 1991 Oakland Hills Fire October 19, 2021
- Seahawks Trade Rumors: 4 Players Who Could Get Dealt Before The NFL Trade Deadline Ft. Quandre Diggs October 19, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders My Apology Amari Cooper Didn’t Say Jon Gruden Was A Racist By Eric Pangilinan October 19, 2021
- Lake Merritt is a large tidal lagoon in the center of Oakland, California, just east of Downtown October 19, 2021
- Red Sox Fans Troll A Rod With Savage Bennifer Chants At MLB Playoffs… October 19, 2021
- CBS San Francisco: Residents Are So Upset With Crime They Are Hiring Private Security October 19, 2021
- Astros vs. Red Sox ALCS Game 3 Highlights (10/18/21) | MLB Highlights October 19, 2021
- Yet Another Bank of America, SBA EIDL Horror Story Sent For Blogging October 19, 2021
- Cowboy Bebop | Official Teaser “Lost Session” | Netflix October 19, 2021
- Cowboy Bebop | Opening Credits | Netflix October 19, 2021
- Intellectual Property Law Issues in Non Fungible Tokens (NFTs) October 19, 2021
- The New Future Of YouTube | YouTube Video NFTs – Non-Fungible Tokens | RetroPie Guy October 19, 2021
- Drugstores Blame Shoplifting for Locked Up Shelves October 19, 2021
- Nationwide spike in shoplifting October 19, 2021
- Mondays With Vish: Will the 49ers Bounce Back After the Bye Week? October 19, 2021