Ernest Russell “Rusty” Simms, who we all know as “Rusty” Simms, and was a classmate and friend to many who attended Skyline High School in Oakland, as well as UC Berkeley, is, as I write this, in critical condition. He needs our help.
For those who don’t know “Rusty” Simms, he’s a person who’s always smiling, and is a true leader. At Oakland’s Skyline High School, Rusty played wide receiver for the Skyline Titans (and a little quarterback, too).
At Cal-Berkeley, for the California Golden Bears Football Team, Rusty played wide receiver and tight end, and was on the Joe Kapp-coached team that famously beat the hated Stanford Cardinal in the now-famous 1982 Big Game that featured “The Play.”
Rusty’s done a lot, and been a friend to many. Now, he needs our help. Here’s Patty Lee Horan to explain what happened via her GoFundMe page for Rusty:
On Tuesday, April 2, Russell “Rusty” Simms was involved in a pedestrian-vehicle accident walking in Berkeley, CA. Russ sustained traumatic injuries and has been in the hospital, fighting for his life. To date, he remains in critical condition in ICU, but stable. He will need extensive rehab for all of his injuries, but presently is still heavily sedated. The amount of reconstructive surgery is yet to be determined. As a former Skyline High School classmate of Rusty, I am working with several other concerned friends who expressed a desire for a GoFundMe campaign to assist Russell Simms any way we can. His road to recovery is going to be a long one. There is no doubt the medical expenses will be extensive. Please consider a donation of any amount to help Russ and his family as our classmate, teammate, brother, cousin, nephew, uncle, colleague, friend. Our ability to help as one community of friends and family could be Russ’ best motivation to overcome this setback and restore to full health and happiness. Thank you for your prayers and consideration of support.
Again, please help Rusty via a donation to his GoFundMe page, a fundraiser started by Patty Lee Horan: https://www.gofundme.com/help-russell-simms-fight-for-his-life
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Rep Liz Chaney Speech On House Floor On Eve Of Vote To Oust Her From House GOP Leadership
- Las Vegas Raiders New Number Changers For 2021 Season. By Joseph Armendariz
- May 11, 2021
- Livestream: Blame To Go Around In Oakland A’s Relocation Threat? Start With Oakland Athletics
- MLB Ask Oakland Athletics To Threaten Relocation – Oakland City Council’s Progressive Wing Steps In
- Live: Dr. Fauci Testifies At Senate Hearing On Covid-19 Response | NBC News
- Watching Amanda Gorman Keynote At Professional Business Woman California Conference 2021
- Ben Barlett Berkeley Councilmember Meetings On Traffic, Fire Safety This Week
- Ultra Black News | Ahmed Muhammad | Oakland Tech’s First Black Male Valedictorian
- Asian American Attacks: Couple Dragged In Brazen Parking Lot Robbery In Oakland
- 5 7 2021 Auto Accident Hit N Run Oakland East 14th & 2nd
- Zennie62 YouTube At 2008 DNC Convention, United Airlines Flight To Denver, Meeting Ashley Wolfe Long
- Kenny Mayne: ESPN Tried To Keep Kenny Mayne For Less But He Said No – No Tears Here
- Andrew Peterson Oakland CIO Gets Harari Conscious Leadership And Social Innovation Award
- Oakland Councilmember Sheng Thao And Oakland Mutual Aid Collective Will Distribute PPE Kits To Students May 11th
- Ca Governor Gavin Newsom’s $100 Billion Rental Assistance Plan Debut With Oakland Mayor Schaff
- Governor Newsom Unveils his Economic Recovery Package
- Tim Sullivan Of Louisville Courier Journal Ambush Marketing In-And-Out Burger On CNN?
- Rotary Club Of Oakland Features Gary Meyer On The Oscars May 06 2021
- Resurrection Oakland Church | May 9, 2021. 10am