Oakland, CA – Oakland City Administrator Ed Reiskin today announced his appointment of Ms. Erin Roseman as Oakland’s new Director of Finance, effective April 19.
Ms. Roseman is a dynamic and seasoned finance professional and results-driven leader with 20 years’ experience. An Oakland resident, she joins the City of Oakland from the Transbay Joint Powers Authority (TJPA) in San Francisco, where she serves as Chief Financial Officer responsible for all financial activities of the TJPA, including management of the finance team, accounting, treasury management, debt financing, budgets and budget monitoring, financial statements and reports, capital project cash flow monitoring, project reimbursements, payroll, audits, all purchasing and procurement functions, and federal grants and compliance, including SBE/DBE program and risk management. TJPA has over $2B in net assets, an annual $25M Operations Budget, $4B capital program, and over in $200M investments portfolio.
Prior to working at the TJPA, Ms. Roseman spent 11 years at the City of Arlington, Texas as Assistant Director of Fiscal Policy in the Finance Department and Municipal Court. In this role she was responsible for the planning and monitoring of the day-to-day operations of various divisions in the Finance Department and Municipal Court, including the leadership, general supervision, and performance evaluation of assigned staff. She provided technical and professional recommendations related to policy, program development, financial and general management, and operations of key functions in an organization with a $4M departmental budget overseeing 50 staff.
“I am excited that Ms. Roseman will be joining our senior leadership team, particularly at such a critical moment as the City tackles significant short- and long-term financial challenges,” said City Administrator Reiskin. “Her exceptional leadership skills paired with technical expertise in all aspects of municipal finance, policy, budget development, and financial risk management, as well as problem-solving abilities and talents in communicating with a range of stakeholders make her an ideal addition to our team.”
“I am very excited to join the City of Oakland,” said Ms. Roseman. I look forward to the great people and the great opportunities that the City has to offer.”
Ms. Roseman has a Master of Public Administration, a Master of City and Regional Planning, and a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science with a Minor in Business Economics from the University of Texas at Arlington.
This post based on a press release from The City of Oakland to Zennie62Media, Inc. And I say to Ms. Roseman, as a fellow, UTA Alumn (BA 1985) with UC Berkeley (MCP 1987), welcome to Oakland.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Live: Dr. Fauci Testifies At Senate Hearing On Covid-19 Response | NBC News
- Watching Amanda Gorman Keynote At Professional Business Woman California Conference 2021
- Ben Barlett Berkeley Councilmember Meetings On Traffic, Fire Safety This Week
- Ultra Black News | Ahmed Muhammad | Oakland Tech’s First Black Male Valedictorian
- Asian American Attacks: Couple Dragged In Brazen Parking Lot Robbery In Oakland
- 5 7 2021 Auto Accident Hit N Run Oakland East 14th & 2nd
- Zennie62 YouTube At 2008 DNC Convention, United Airlines Flight To Denver, Meeting Ashley Wolfe Long
- Kenny Mayne: ESPN Tried To Keep Kenny Mayne For Less But He Said No – No Tears Here
- Andrew Peterson Oakland CIO Gets Harari Conscious Leadership And Social Innovation Award
- Oakland Councilmember Sheng Thao And Oakland Mutual Aid Collective Will Distribute PPE Kits To Students May 11th
- Ca Governor Gavin Newsom’s $100 Billion Rental Assistance Plan Debut With Oakland Mayor Schaff
- Governor Newsom Unveils his Economic Recovery Package
- Tim Sullivan Of Louisville Courier Journal Ambush Marketing In-And-Out Burger On CNN?
- Rotary Club Of Oakland Features Gary Meyer On The Oscars May 06 2021
- Resurrection Oakland Church | May 9, 2021. 10am
- Sharing The Beauty Of Lake Merritt, Oakland, California – Mothers Day 2021
- Mothers Day Drum Circle – Lake Merritt, Oakland, California, 2021
- Bike Oakland & Alameda: Alameda, Bay Farm, and 66th Ave
- Port of Oakland Trade Boom: Wan Hai Lines Connects U.S. And Asia In 2021
- Oakland City Budget Forgets Cybersecurity As USA’s Largest Pipeline Gets Ransomwared