Oakland, CA – Oakland City Administrator Ed Reiskin today announced his appointment of Ms. Erin Roseman as Oakland’s new Director of Finance, effective April 19.
Ms. Roseman is a dynamic and seasoned finance professional and results-driven leader with 20 years’ experience. An Oakland resident, she joins the City of Oakland from the Transbay Joint Powers Authority (TJPA) in San Francisco, where she serves as Chief Financial Officer responsible for all financial activities of the TJPA, including management of the finance team, accounting, treasury management, debt financing, budgets and budget monitoring, financial statements and reports, capital project cash flow monitoring, project reimbursements, payroll, audits, all purchasing and procurement functions, and federal grants and compliance, including SBE/DBE program and risk management. TJPA has over $2B in net assets, an annual $25M Operations Budget, $4B capital program, and over in $200M investments portfolio.
Prior to working at the TJPA, Ms. Roseman spent 11 years at the City of Arlington, Texas as Assistant Director of Fiscal Policy in the Finance Department and Municipal Court. In this role she was responsible for the planning and monitoring of the day-to-day operations of various divisions in the Finance Department and Municipal Court, including the leadership, general supervision, and performance evaluation of assigned staff. She provided technical and professional recommendations related to policy, program development, financial and general management, and operations of key functions in an organization with a $4M departmental budget overseeing 50 staff.
“I am excited that Ms. Roseman will be joining our senior leadership team, particularly at such a critical moment as the City tackles significant short- and long-term financial challenges,” said City Administrator Reiskin. “Her exceptional leadership skills paired with technical expertise in all aspects of municipal finance, policy, budget development, and financial risk management, as well as problem-solving abilities and talents in communicating with a range of stakeholders make her an ideal addition to our team.”
“I am very excited to join the City of Oakland,” said Ms. Roseman. I look forward to the great people and the great opportunities that the City has to offer.”
Ms. Roseman has a Master of Public Administration, a Master of City and Regional Planning, and a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science with a Minor in Business Economics from the University of Texas at Arlington.
This post based on a press release from The City of Oakland to Zennie62Media, Inc. And I say to Ms. Roseman, as a fellow, UTA Alumn (BA 1985) with UC Berkeley (MCP 1987), welcome to Oakland.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Mock Draft Live Two Weeks Away From The 2021 NFL Draft
- 1974 Oakland Raiders Season
- Oakland Athletics Post-Game From Phoenix By Richard Haick
- Oakland Public Library: Hora De Cuentos: 5 En La Cama
- Oakland Athletics at Arizona Diamondbacks at Chase Field in Phoenix by Richard Haick
- US Calls For Pause On Johnson & Johnson Vaccine | TODAY
- Paul Flores, Rubin Flores: Kristin Smart Case Suspects Arrested, Sheriffs To Announce Updates
- Bishop O’Dowd at San Leandro Football 4.1.21 | Jesse Madden vs Demetrius Freeney
- Justin Fields Is Smartest QB In 2021 NFL Draft With Insane Aptitude Test Score
- Oakland Jobs: Waste Management Hiring Oakland California Residents At WM.com
- City Of Oakland Launches New Poet Laureate Program
- Oakland Fire Department Announced Oakland City Council Approved Return Of Full Service April 13th
- Exploring The Bay Area: Lake Chabot Park, Oakland, California Vlog
- Turf Toy On YouTube Brings 3-Wheel Slingshot SL To Oakland California
- Gina Champion-Cain San Diego Businesswoman Gets 15 Years In Prison For $400 Million Ponzi Scheme
- Grand Lake Theater Oakland Staff Fundraiser Short Of $35K Goal At $30,283 As Of April 13 2021
- 2/24/21 OUSD School Board Meeting – Resolution for Reparations for Black Students
- Oakland Police Chief LeRonne L. Armstrong Press Conference On Weekend Violence 4/12/ 21
- Oakland City Council Unanimously Votes To Use $10 Million To Restore Vital Community Services
- Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce Good On Greens, Fish, Shrimp, And Pasta. Mark Zuckerberg, Thanks!