Entertainment Weekly‘s San Diego Comic-Con 2019 release sent to Zennie62Media announces the magazine’s plans for its 13th year at SDCC.
LOS ANGELES, CA (July 11, 2019) – Entertainment Weekly (EW.com) will descend on San Diego Comic-Con 2019 for the thirteenth consecutive year with a fully loaded arsenal: two star-studded panels; a photo, video and social studio in the EW hospitality suite; a special Comic-Con issue only available in San Diego for attendees; and, the annual exclusive Closing Night VIP party. In addition, Entertainment Weekly’s first monthly issue goes on sale nationwide Friday, July 19, and marks the first issue under newly appointed Editor in Chief, JD Heyman, who was formerly PEOPLE’s Deputy Editor.
EW is celebrating Comic-Con with an EWLand theme hospitality suite at the Hard Rock Hotel San Diego. In addition to being a respite to talent during the busy Comic-Con week, EW’s suite will feature sponsored interactive experiences in the colorful EWLand world, which includes a desert oasis lounge, an enchanted forest video studio, an underwater-themed social studio, and an outer space environment in the photo studio.
EW’s suite at the Hard Rock Hotel is a one-stop shop at Comic-Con for television and film talent, as well as creators, to promote their upcoming projects. The EW Video Studio Presented by the all-new 2020 Toyota Corolla will be a premiere location for casts and creators to participate in one-of-a-kind interviews exclusive to EW. 2020 Toyota Corolla will also sponsor the serene lounge overall. EW’s photo studio will capture exclusive images of talent coming through the hospitality suite. All the video and images will be available at EW.com and across EW’s social channels.
EW is partnering with Facebook to bring fans exclusive moments from the Facebook & Instagram Stories Studio at EW’s hospitality suite, offering fans behind-the-scenes access to Comic-Con’s biggest stars. Between interviews, guests will enjoy freshly roasted, handcrafted beverages by Peet’s Coffee.
“Comic-Con is one of the ultimate destinations for so many fandoms to celebrate and find community in their love of shows, films, characters, comic books, and so much more,” said JD Heyman, newly named Editor-in-Chief of Entertainment Weekly. “As the preeminent brand bringing fans access to all their favorite pop culture moments, Entertainment Weekly is looking forward to being on the ground again this year to get festive with the fans, talent and entertainment industry creators.”
In addition to EW’s first monthly issue next week, EW will also bring back to San Diego its annual Comic-Con issue with dedicated content geared to fans and attendees at the event and distributed by street teams only onsite at Comic-Con. Fans everywhere can sign up at EW.com for EW’s Comic Con-specific newsletters, sponsored by Amazon Original Series Carnival Row, to have all the buzz delivered directly to their inbox daily from July 18 – July 21.
EW also returns with its two popular panels:
“Brave Warriors” – a dynamic conversation with several of today’s male heroes, including John Bradley (Game of Thrones), Cameron Cuffe (Krypton), Michael Emerson (Evil), Aidan Gillen (Project Blue Book), Cress Williams (Black Lightning) and William Zabka (Cobra Kai) who will discuss the thrill of playing iconic characters, their sometimes awkward encounters with fans, and the highs (and lows!) of a career in Hollywood. Moderated by EW Editor at Large, Lynette Rice the panel will take place in Ballroom 20 from 2:15-3:15pm on Friday, July 19.
“Women Who Kick Ass” – a lively discussion among fierce, fearless actresses Shohreh Aghdashloo (The Expanse), Freema Agyeman (New Amsterdam, Doctor Who), Betty Gilpin (The Hunt, GLOW), Ruby Rose (Batwoman), and Cobie Smulders (Stumptown) who open up about the power and privilege of playing women that redefine the rules and refuse to yield. Moderated by EW’s Sarah Rodman, the panel will take place in Hall H from 4:00-5:00pm on Saturday, July 20.
Additionally, Entertainment Weekly and Marvel will join forces again this year to host an intimate “After Dark” evening event in the EW Studio on Friday, July 19 with casts from Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and more.
Finally, no Comic-Con experience would be complete without EW’s legendary closing night VIP bash. The invitation-only poolside fete on Saturday, July 20 at FLOAT at the Hard Rock Hotel is THE party of the weekend. HBO returns as the presenting sponsor for the party that attracts the who’s who at San Diego Comic-Con in a celebration of all things pop culture. This year’s highly anticipated party will showcase HBO’s shows His Dark Materials, Game of Thrones, Watchmen and Westworld. The bash will also feature a Diageo sponsored bar including a first taste sampling of Johnnie Walker A Song of Ice and A Song of Fire – two new Scotch Whisky blends that honor the enduring legacy of Game of Thrones.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Resurrection Oakland Church | April 18, 2021. 10am
- 2021 NFL Mock Draft V3 Livestream By Zennie62Media For April 18th
- Katy Perry Backs That Ass Up To Shocked Luke Bryan On American Idol
- The Clifton Street Regulars Jazz Band Playing Today, Sunday, Oakland Rockridge
- Oakland Councilmember Nikki Fortunato Bas’ Heartfelt Newsletter To The Black Community
- Cryptocurrency Market Crash Based On Questionable U.S. Treasury Crackdown Rumor
- Redefine Quartet from McAlester, OK live at Oakland Full Gospel Holiness Church in Oakland, OK
- Upcoming Events at Allen Temple Baptist Church Oakland for the week of 4/18/21
- Shooting at the Gallery Art Bar in Oakland, Ca
- Oakland Police Possibly To Arrest Me For Protest – By Derrick Soo
- Oakland News Now at OaklandNewsNow.com Is The Most Advanced Active News Blog Website Ever In Oakland
- 2021 NFL Mock Draft V2 Livestream By Zennie62Media For April 17th
- Former Oakland Mayor Elihu Harris On ESPN 30-For-30 Raiders Al Davis vs. NFL – The Aftermath
- Elihu Harris Former Oakland Mayor On ESPN 30-For-30, “Al Davis Versus The NFL”
- Walk Down MacArthur Blvd To Grand Av In Oakland Adams Point Made Into Instagram Art
- Oakland Marriott City Center Has Striking Mural Of Young Black Girl At Play That’s Amazing
- Detroit Tigers vs Oakland Athletics Highlights April 16, 2021 – MLB Highlights | MLB Season 2021
- Peaceful Demonstration Over Deadly Police Shootings Turns Violent in Oakland
- Demonstration in Oakland to Protest Police Shootings Turns Violent
- Kevin Samuels And Kevin Durant Use White-Owned Social Media To Say Bad Things About Black Folks