ONN – Donziger Chevron Ecuador Lawsuit Dismissed In Canadian Court
The last major lawsuit by plaintiff’s lawyer Steven Donziger and against Chevron in an attempt to recover an ill-gotten $9.5 billion legal damage award issued in Ecuador was dismissed in a Canadian court.
For those who may not be familiar with the history of the Chevron Ecuador Lawsuit , it goes back to 1967 and the creation of an organization called “TexPet” that marks a partnership between Texaco and Ecuador to produce oil in that country. The partnership ended in 1992.
But Steven Donziger, a plaintiff’s lawyer, saw a chance to form an effort to get billions from Texaco on the claim that the company did not do environmental cleanup, when, indeed, it did – and was released from obligations in 1998.
Still Donziger pressed on, and Chevron purchased the firm in 2001, and with it, got Donziger and the lawsuit.
Where Donziger went wrong was in doing and then admitting he bribed and bullied judges in Ecuador, and on camera. He did this during the making of a movie CRUDE. The outtakes have Steven Donziger admitting those and other ethics violations, and then justifying them as the cost of doing business in Ecuador.
That formed the basis for a legal battle that spans the globe. It started with Steven Donziger winning the Ecuador legal judgment of $9.5 billion that, as it turned out, he ghost-wrote for himself. But the U.S. Federal Court said what he did was a violation of the RICO act.
Donziger then went to Canada, Argentina, Gibralter, Brazil, and The Hague, to seek a favorable judgment – never got one. And today, Canada dismissed the case.
What is on the livestream is an explanation of the case and a reading of Chevron’s press release.
Here’s the entire Chevron website news release.
Oakland News Now Note: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest version of an experimental Zennie62Media mobile media video-blogging system network. This is a major part of our new approach to the production of news media. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and also seek interested content and media technology partners.
Related Posts (YARPP)
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- NFL Announces 2021 Preseason Schedule Dates, Times – A Quick Review
- Howard Terminal: City Of Oakland, SB 293 Skinner, Mello Roos, And Private Activity Bond
- LA Clippers Rally From Down 25 Points To Advance To The WCF For The First Time, By: Vinny Lospinuso
- Nba Western Conference Finals Set Suns Vs Clippers By- Eric Pangilinan
- NFL News: Cole Beasley Bill’s WR Anti Vaxxer Rant On Twitter My Take By Joseph Armendariz
- San Francisco Giants And Oakland as Both Winning
- ILWU Speak Out Against Oakland Athletics Howard Terminal But Praises Chase Center by Richard Haick
- Lights Go Out At Hawks State Farm Arena – Replay Of 2013 Super Bowl
- Hawks Trey Young 35-Foot 3-Pointer Vs 76ers Keeps Steph Curry Comparisons Alive
- Raiders Sign Former Chiefs Players By – Eric Pangilinan
- Philippines To Deploy Nurses Abroad By- Eric Pangilinan
- Who Is Caleb Scott ?Raiders Singed
- If Manny Pacquaio Beats Errol Spence Where Would Manny Rank
- AASEG And WNBA Press Conference Oakland At Everett And Jones BBQ By Vasu Vaddiparty
- WNBA Press Conference Oakland – By Vasu Vaddiparty
- Two SF Bay Area Women, VP Kamela Harris, Oakland Rep Barbara Lee, At Juneteenth Holiday Bill Signing
- For Beautiful Legs Build Strength And Balance Through Yoga
- Oakland Police Video Features Sgt Doria Neff Of The Mental Health Unit In Video Interview
- Governor Newsom visits small businesses in Oakland
- 3106 Magnolia St Oakland CA | Oakland Homes for Sale