ONN – Donziger Chevron Ecuador Lawsuit Dismissed In Canadian Court
The last major lawsuit by plaintiff’s lawyer Steven Donziger and against Chevron in an attempt to recover an ill-gotten $9.5 billion legal damage award issued in Ecuador was dismissed in a Canadian court.
For those who may not be familiar with the history of the Chevron Ecuador Lawsuit , it goes back to 1967 and the creation of an organization called “TexPet” that marks a partnership between Texaco and Ecuador to produce oil in that country. The partnership ended in 1992.
But Steven Donziger, a plaintiff’s lawyer, saw a chance to form an effort to get billions from Texaco on the claim that the company did not do environmental cleanup, when, indeed, it did – and was released from obligations in 1998.
Still Donziger pressed on, and Chevron purchased the firm in 2001, and with it, got Donziger and the lawsuit.
Where Donziger went wrong was in doing and then admitting he bribed and bullied judges in Ecuador, and on camera. He did this during the making of a movie CRUDE. The outtakes have Steven Donziger admitting those and other ethics violations, and then justifying them as the cost of doing business in Ecuador.
That formed the basis for a legal battle that spans the globe. It started with Steven Donziger winning the Ecuador legal judgment of $9.5 billion that, as it turned out, he ghost-wrote for himself. But the U.S. Federal Court said what he did was a violation of the RICO act.
Donziger then went to Canada, Argentina, Gibralter, Brazil, and The Hague, to seek a favorable judgment – never got one. And today, Canada dismissed the case.
What is on the livestream is an explanation of the case and a reading of Chevron’s press release.
Here’s the entire Chevron website news release.
Oakland News Now Note: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest version of an experimental Zennie62Media mobile media video-blogging system network. This is a major part of our new approach to the production of news media. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and also seek interested content and media technology partners.
LET ZENNIE62MEDIA TELL YOUR STORY
Let ZENNIE62MEDIA Tell The Story About You The Media Refuses To Produce. Visit our site and hire Zennie62Media.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Mads Mikkelsen And Anders Jensen Blockbuster Interview With Zennie62Media’s Jessica Dwyer
- East Oakland Stadium Alliance Seeks To Drown A’s Fans In Water At Coliseum
- Mads Mikkelsen And Anders Jensen Interview With Jessica Dwyer
- Oakland Schools: OUSD 2021 Classified School Employees Of The Year
- Biden Press Secretary Jen Psaki Statement On Restart of Colonial Pipeline And Continued Federal Government Efforts To Mitigate Impacts
- The Oakland A’s Never “Rooted In Oakland” – Las Vegas Mayor Says Relocation Talk 2 Years Old
- Oakland Athletics In Relocation Talks for 2 Years According To LV Review Journal – by Richard Haick
- City Of Oakland Eviction Moratorium Not Impacted By Federal Ruling
- RaceTrac Fayetteville Ga Gas Pumps Out Of Gas Except Diesel Due To Cyberattack
- 2021 NFL Schedule Revealed On NFL Network’s Schedule Release 21 Show
- NFL Gives Nine Social Justice Programs $2.5 Million
- SF Bay Area Bicycle Is Back With Bike Oakland: Bancroft And International
- Rockets Kill 2 Israelis, Airstrikes Kill 28 In Gaza | MSNBC
- Crocker Highlands Mid-Century, Oakland, CA, 94610
- Violent Israeli-Palestinian Unrest Kills At Least 33 | The 11th Hour
- MLB tells Oakland A’s to start exploring other cities
- Team Coverage: Major League Baseball Greenlights Oakland A’s To Consider Relocating
- Talk’s Las Vegas Athletics For Oakland A’s Relocation But Portland Has 50K Signatures For MLB Ballpark
- Rep Liz Chaney Speech On House Floor On Eve Of Vote To Oust Her From House GOP Leadership
- Las Vegas Raiders New Number Changers For 2021 Season. By Joseph Armendariz