The White House Press Corp is asking President Donald Trump questions about the late Senator John McCain’s passing, but, according to emails from members of the White House Press Corp to Zennie62Media, he’s not answering them:
From: Ordonez, Franco
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2018 11:39 AM
Subject: Intown pool report #3 – no response on McCain
President Trump didn’t respond to any shouted questions about McCain or others.
POTUS said he would be terminating NAFTA. POTUS said negotiations with Canada would start almost immediately. Said Canada could be added to current deal or entered into new deal. He threatened to issue car tariffs against Canada and said that one way or another there would be a deal with Canada. It’ll be a negotiated deal or a tariffs against Canada.
Check transcript, but Lighthizer siad he’d be turning in paper work on deal with Mexico possibly Friday and had 90 days to go through.
Donald Trump On The United States México Trade Agreement Nixing NAFTA
POTUS expanded on his morning tweet about a deal with Mexico and announced from the Oval Office that United States has reached a agreement with Mexico to enter new trade deal.
POTUS called it the The United States México trade agreement. POTUS said he wanted to get rid of the name NAFTA. Said had bad connotations.
“It’s a big day for trade. It’s a big day for our country.”
POTUS said “we’ll see if Canada can be part of deal. Said possibly do a seperate deal but that negotiations with Canada will start soon.
In Oval Office included kushner, Kelly, Lighthizer, Mexico Foreign minister. Luis Videgaray, Mexico’s Economy Minister Ildefonso Guajardo
MExico president Pena Nieto joined by phone.
More to come. Still ongoing.
Then this follow-up email:
POTUS called the preliminary agreement with Mexico one of biggest, if not the biggest, trade deals to be made.
“It’s a big day for trade. A big day for our country. A lot of people felt we’d never get here,’ POTUS said.
“They use to call it NAFTA. We’re going to call it the United States- Mexico trade agreement. We’ll get rid of the name NAFTA. It has a bad connotation because the United States was treated very very badly for NAFTA.”
Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto was patched in by phone to wish President Trump and the negotiators congratulations. “This is something very positive for the United States and Mexico,” he said.
Pena Nieto repeatedly expressed interest for Canada to be incorporated into the agreement.
POTUS told Pena Nieto the Mexican negotiators were “brilliant” and “I thought we could congratulate each other before it got out.”
POTUS said there would be a formal news conference in the near future.
POTUS said he was impressed with how President Pena Nieto and President-elect AMLO, who was also involved in some discussions, worked together.
POTUS called Pena Nieto his friend and said working with him “ has been a pleasure.”
“It’s been an honor and you’ve been my friend.”
POTUS concluded the call with Pena Nieto saying, “a job well done…. And added later in response to Pena Nieto offering saying goodbye traditional by offering “abrazos” – or hugs.
POTUS responded: “ a hug from you would be very nice.” – that drew some chuckles.
POTUS called the agreement much US manufacturers and farmers.
“Our farmers are going to be so happy,” POTUS said. “Farmers have stuck with me.”
POTUS: “Mexico has promised to immediately start purchasing as much farm product as they can.”
POTUS said whether or Canada is added or want to make a separate deal.
POTUS turned to Lighthizer for some agreement. Lighthizer said Mexico-U.S. deal would be signed at end of November. He expected US letter to be delivered to Congress by the end of the week. It will be signed by other parties in 90 days..
POTUS said he’ll be terminating NAFTA and going into the current U.S.-Mexico deal.
He warned a deal with Canada will be made, but they may not like it.
“One way or another we’ll have a deal with Canada. It’ll either be a tariff on cars or it’ll be a negotiated deal. Frankly, I tariff on cars is a much easier way to go. Perhaps, the other would be much better for Canada.”
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Las Vegas Raiders ESPN Named QB Derek Carr The Most Underappreciated In The NFL By Eric Pangilinan September 24, 2021
- Frank Somerville Of KTVU Suspended For Gabby Petito Comments He Told Blogger Richard Lieberman September 24, 2021
- Cam Jordan on Mac Jones, Belichick’s Offense | New Orleans Saints September 24, 2021
- Jameis Winston on Sean Payton & Bill Belichick | New Orleans Saints September 24, 2021
- Coach Gruden on Final Prep for Miami and Richie Incognito’s Progress | Las Vegas Raiders | NFL September 24, 2021
- Leyton CES 2022 Challenge September 24, 2021
- Are Oakland A’s Baseball Fans Voting NO to Dave Kaval and Organization by Derrick Soo September 24, 2021
- Jake Ellenbogen LA Rams Vlogger At Downtown Rams Interviewed By Zennie62Media’s Bill Carroll September 24, 2021
- Are Oakland Baseball Fans Voting NO to Dave Kaval and Organization by Derrick Soo September 24, 2021
- Deshaun Watson – 60 Percent Of The Tony Buzbee Lawsuits Look Fake – Here’s Why September 24, 2021
- When will the Dolphins make their big push for Deshaun Watson? | Pro Football Talk | NBC Sports September 24, 2021
- Bike Oakland & Alameda: Solstice Art ride (Oyster Bay, Airport, Bay Farm) September 24, 2021
- Deshaun Watson Remains Committed to Forcing His Way out of Houston | THE ODD COUPLE September 24, 2021
- Christian McCaffrey Injury Status – Panthers Matt Rhule Gives Injury Update After Win Over Texans September 24, 2021
- Oakland A’s Dave Stewart Wants To Own Coliseum Land, But Blasts Councilmember Kaplan On Twitter September 24, 2021
- Oakland Hit With Lawsuit for Failure to Clean Up Homeless Camps September 24, 2021
- Readout of Biden Administration Convening to Discuss and Address Semiconductor Supply Chain September 23, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Vs Dolphins Won’t Be Aired On Some Tv Market In California By Eric Pangilinan September 23, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Defense Is The Key To Victory In Week By Eric Pangilinan September 23, 2021
- RecallOakland.com Website For Stupid Idea Recalling Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf Months Before She’s Termed Out September 23, 2021
- Nintendo Reveals Cast For The Mario Movie in 2022. Yes This Is Real, By: Vinny Lospinuso September 23, 2021
- BREAKING: Arrest Warrant Issued for Brian Laundrie in Gabby Petito’s Death September 23, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Tom Flores To Receive Hall Of Fame Ring At Allegiant Stadium By Eric Pangilinan September 23, 2021
- Justin Fields First NFL Start Will Come Against The Browns | Pat McAfee Reacts September 23, 2021
- Coach Bradley, Coach Olson, Denzel Perryman and Kenyan Drake Presser – 9.23.21 | Las Vegas Raiders September 23, 2021
- Supermodel Linda Evangelista Has Been “Brutally Disfigured” by Procedure Done 5 Years Ago | PEOPLE September 23, 2021
- Author Jameis1of1 Talks About Jameis Winston And Gives Thoughts On Pats vs Saints Game September 23, 2021
- Kate Scott Is Philadelphia’s First Female Sports Broadcaster – That’s No Accident – Here’s Why September 23, 2021
- Mom Gets Surprise Giant Gift Box From Rocket Mortgage Sent Via UPS September 23, 2021
- How U.C. Berkeley Beat Harvard And Yale To Become The Best College In America | Forbes September 23, 2021
- Judge Orders UC Berkeley To Freeze Enrollment After Neighborhood Group Sues September 23, 2021
- Save 1921 Walnut St. Berkeley – Tenants Protest Demolition, UC Berkeley, Mayor Jesse Arreguin Actions September 23, 2021
- 30 Weirdest Things Ever Caught On Security Cameras & CCTV ! September 23, 2021
- The Raiders Are LETHAL With Derek Carr and Jon Gruden in Sync | Tiki and Tierney September 23, 2021
- Melvin Van Peebles on Bill Cosby Allegations; Being a Pioneer September 23, 2021
- Unstoppable: Melvin Van Peebles, Gordon Parks, and Ossie Davis in Conversation (2005) September 23, 2021
- Groundbreaking Filmmaker Melvin Van Peebles Has Died September 23, 2021
- R.I.P Mario Van Peebles Dad, Speaks On How His Father Melvin Van Peebles Died September 23, 2021
- 2021 09 21 Meeting with DSP UC Berkeley Students with Disabilities Coalition PART 2 September 23, 2021
- Nobel Prize Medal Presented to UC Berkeley Chemistry Professor Jennifer Doudna at her Berkeley Home September 23, 2021