“The Dam has Broken for Youth Sports” Say Parents and Kids
Sacramento – California youth sports were played in the State Capital this weekend as a high school football team played a competitive match and 50 volleyball teams from around the state played here, despite a sports ban in the purple zone.
“We continuing to work with Gov. Gavin Newsom and his staff to officially bring sports back,” said Brad Hensley of Let Them Play CA. “But it is clear the dam has broken within the shadow of the State Capitol. The Governor needs to take quick action to approve sports throughout the State as he has pledged to our kids.”
The Sacramento Bee carried front webpage coverage of the Capital Christian High School football game from Friday night, which was the first time in 14 months sports were openly played as part of the California Association of Private Sports’ debut weekend.
It is also known that 50 teams of girls’ volleyball players in the Omni Volleyball Club played at three separate sites in a Rancho Cordova tournament, Let Them Play CA officials said.
“The Governor and his staff must look at the science and data that shows it’s safe for youth and high school sports and they must allow them now. Otherwise the Governor and the State are wrongly turning kids, parents and coaches into lawbreakers,” Hensley added.
“There is a mass-rejection of the Governor’s polices against youth sports,” the Let Them Play CA leader said. “We continue to work with the Governor, but the floodgates have broken. It’s time for him and his staff to acknowledge the science that shows these games are safe,” Hensley added.
Gov. Newsom publically pledged to take immediate action last week to bring back youth sports, but then his press secretary wrote it would be “two weeks” before an announcement–an action that has enraged and activated thousands of kids and parents against Newsom and his health department staff.
There is a growing movement within the ranks of parents and kids that should the Governor continue to delay and not allow youth and high school sports that they could be the largest, most active and organized group that could make a difference to the Governor’s ability to hold, or not hold, office in a possible recall campaign, according to political observers.
“The speed with which Let Them Play CA has been able to organize shows that the parents’ group could be a potent force in the recall campaign,” said one well-placed political consultant who asked that their name not be used. “The fate of the Governor may actually be tied to the decision he makes on this issue alone. It could be the straw that breaks Newsom’s political back.”
“Let Them Play CA” supports the opening and playing of youth and high school sports by the state government. The group has amassed nearly 60,000 members on Facebook, averaging a growth of 2,000 new members per day. Two athletes have teamed with Let Them Play CA in filing a lawsuit in San Diego Superior Court against state officials including Gov. Newsom and the County.
This past week, more than 100 student athletes, coaches and parents delivered 10,000 personal letters and signatures to the Capitol asking Gov. Gavin Newsom to allow youth and high school sports to start immediately as data and science demonstrate it is safe for them to play. The continuing ban on these sports is having a major negative impact on students’ scholarships, futures and mental and physical health and–without quick action–could cause irreparable harm to California’s youths.
Support for an immediate safe return to youth and high school sports continues to gain momentum with nearly half the California State Assembly members signing a resolution in support and urging Gov. Gavin Newsom to allow football, baseball, basketball and other prep sports to start immediately as has been done in nearly every other state in the nation.
Join Let Them Play CA at https://www.facebook.com/groups/850089599174086/
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- California Hit By Floods and ‘Historic Rain’ October 25, 2021
- Sudan’s civilian leaders arrested amid military coup reports – BBC News October 25, 2021
- Kings vs. Warriors Highlights 10.24.21 October 25, 2021
- 10/25/21 FREE NBA Picks and Predictions on NBA Betting Tips for Today October 25, 2021
- Multiple Sclerosis: ‘I won’t have to take drugs for life’ October 25, 2021
- Trailblazers vs. Lakers 10/25/21 FREE NBA Picks and Predictions on NBA Betting Tips for Today October 25, 2021
- Military unrest in Sudan as government forces take over October 25, 2021
- Fashion | Four seasons fashion for women | Women’s fashion, Fashion to figure, Fashion FS #1 October 25, 2021
- The Undertaker makes the Ortons appear in a casket: SmackDown, Oct. 7, 2005 October 25, 2021
- FPL GW9 Review & Plans ahead | Rank 2519! | Fantasy Premier League Tips 20/21 October 25, 2021
- LA Earthquake Rattles SoCal October 25, 2021
- Winds Flip Trucks on Richmond-San Rafael Bridge Amid Storm October 25, 2021
- EXCLUSIVE: Two San Francisco Prosecutors Quit, Join Effort to Recall City’s DA October 25, 2021
- 84-year-old woman brings festive holiday cheer all year with her “Santa museum” October 25, 2021
- What to know about the flu shot and COVID-19 vaccines October 25, 2021
- Sky News Breakfast: Can the NHS cope with staff shortages and COVID cases? October 25, 2021
- Bay Area Forecast: Heavy Rain Slowly Moves Out October 25, 2021
- Will Monday Night Football Be The Saints Jameis Winston Show vs Seahawks? October 25, 2021
- Lakers Postgame: Carmelo Anthony (10/24/21) October 25, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Destroy Philadelphia Eagles 33 – 22 Post Gruden Team Has Super Bowl Look October 25, 2021
- Lakers Postgame: LeBron James (10/24/21) October 25, 2021
- OAKLAND GETS FLOODED BY BOMBCYCLONE STORM OF BIBLICAL PROPORTIONS October 25, 2021
- Reaction To The San Jose Sharks 5-3 Win Over The Maple Leafs and 4-3 Loss To The Bruins October 25, 2021
- Lakers Postgame: Frank Vogel (10/25/21) October 25, 2021
- Lakers Postgame: Anthony Davis (10/25/21) October 25, 2021
- Lakers Postgame Walk-off: Carmelo Anthony (10/24/21) October 25, 2021
- “Sunday Night Lights” | NFL highlights ft. jid type beat 2021 October 25, 2021
- I Combined the *WORST* Premier League Teams and this happened… October 25, 2021
- OAKLAND GETS FLOODED BY STORM OF BIBLICAL PROPORTIONS October 25, 2021
- Houston Astros vs. Braves World Series Crossover October 25, 2021
- Indianapolis Colts vs San Francisco 49ers | Semana 7 2021 NFL Game Highlights October 25, 2021
- 1-on-1 with Raider Denzel Perryman after Eagles victory October 25, 2021
- Every Catch from Mike Evans’ 3-TD Game vs. Bears | NFL 2021 Highlights October 25, 2021
- Authorities Capture Colombia’s Most Wanted Drug Lord October 25, 2021
- Widespread street flooding in San Francisco October 25, 2021
- Evacuations orders in place due to storms in San Mateo County October 25, 2021
- Minimum Withdraw ₹1 🔴LIVE | New Earning Apps 2021 |Free Paytm Cash Daily Earn ₹380| Best Earning App October 25, 2021
- Draymond Green surprises a fan with a birthday gift 🎉 | #shorts October 25, 2021
- Today Football Prediction | 25/10/2021 | Betting Strategy | DAILY FOOTBALL PREDICTIONS October 25, 2021
- ‘Aggressive’ Indianapolis Colts upend struggling San Francisco 49ers on SNF | NBC Sports October 25, 2021