ONN – Derek Carr Will Be Better For The Oakland Raiders In Las Vegas Than Tom Brady. Period
A number of people assume that Tom Brady as Oakland Raiders / Las Vegas Raiders Quarterback would be an automatic upgrade for the Silver and Black. I’m here to tell you that’s not the case, and for several reasons.
First, Tom Brady has to forget the terminology he has known for all of his NFL life, the Erhardt-Perkins Offense, and learn Raiders Head Coach Jon Gruden’s version of the Bill Walsh West Coast Offense, as he picked up from Mike Holmgren when Jon worked on his Green Bay Packers staff. That’s easier said than done.
The Erhardt-Perkins Offense is what I call “concept-based” in its terminology. One word can be used to describe both a formation and a set of player assignments within it.
For example, let’s look at what I talk about: the play called F Left 73 Ghost / Tosser. Now, that describes a play that has the Fullback wide to the left as a wide receiver, and running a fly pattern; the Tight End on that side of the formation runs an eight-yard stick route; the Haftback is behind the tackle on that side, and runs a flat pattern. That’s the “F Left 73 Ghost” side of the play. “Tosser is on the other side, and calls for a slot formation with the Flanker and Split End, and running slant and drive patterns, respectively.
That’s what Tom Brady has to forget, and to learn the Bill Walsh West Coast Offense terminology. That calls for formation to be called out first, then individual assignments, and has its basis in the approach developed by Paul Brown of the Cleveland Browns and Cinncinati Bengals, and adopted by Tom Landry of The Dallas Cowboys.
So, let’s take a play like “Brown Right, X-Opposite Shift, Toss 38, Halfback Lead, Fullback Pass to Y.” The formation, “Brown” calls for the halfback to be on the weakside of the formation, and the fullback behind the quarterback. “X-Opposite Shift” is the tight end starting on one side of the formation, then shifting to the left side. And finally, “Toss 38, Halfback Lead, Fullback Pass to Y”, well, calls for the QB to toss the ball to the Fullback, who’s in the “3” position and behind the QB, and then is running to the “8” hole, or an end run. But then, he’s throwing the ball to the Split End, who’s “Y”.
Jon Gruden’s playbook uses that terminology, as I say in the video, using a Gruden play from his playbook, Y Blue Left Close, Fake 65 Y Around Right. That goes like this: “ Y Blue Left Close” is a formation that has the Halfback deep behind the quarterback, and the Fullback is behind the strongside tackle. “Close” calls for the Split End on the other side (or U back) to be close in, giving a double tight end look. Now, we come to the play itself.
That is “Fake 65 Y Around Right” and calls for a fake dive to the Halfback, and then handoff to the Tight End, running an “end-around”, or “65”.
See the difference? Brady has to learn that, but then he has to learn how to work with his players, and also Gruden’s style, which can be rough, but to his credit, Gruden and Carr seem to have worked into an easy peace.
Brady will not emerge from this with a winning record. He’s better off finishing in New England, or going to a team that runs the Erhardt-Perkins Offense. It’s not the Raiders.
Note from Zennie62Media and Oakland News Now: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
LET ZENNIE62MEDIA TELL YOUR STORY
Let ZENNIE62MEDIA Tell The Story About You The Media Refuses To Produce. Visit our site and hire Zennie62Media.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Biden Press Secretary Jen Psaki Statement On Restart of Colonial Pipeline And Continued Federal Government Efforts To Mitigate Impacts
- The Oakland A’s Never “Rooted In Oakland” – Las Vegas Mayor Says Relocation Talk 2 Years Old
- Oakland Athletics In RelocationTalks for 2 Years According To LV Review Journal – by Richard Haick
- City Of Oakland Eviction Moratorium Not Impacted By Federal Ruling
- RaceTrac Fayetteville Ga Gas Pumps Out Of Gas Except Diesel Due To Cyberattack
- 2021 NFL Schedule Revealed On NFL Network’s Schedule Release 21 Show
- NFL Gives Nine Social Justice Programs $2.5 Million
- SF Bay Area Bicycle Is Back With Bike Oakland: Bancroft And International
- Rockets Kill 2 Israelis, Airstrikes Kill 28 In Gaza | MSNBC
- Crocker Highlands Mid-Century, Oakland, CA, 94610
- Violent Israeli-Palestinian Unrest Kills At Least 33 | The 11th Hour
- MLB tells Oakland A’s to start exploring other cities
- Team Coverage: Major League Baseball Greenlights Oakland A’s To Consider Relocating
- Talk’s Las Vegas Athletics For Oakland A’s Relocation But Portland Has 50K Signatures For MLB Ballpark
- Rep Liz Chaney Speech On House Floor On Eve Of Vote To Oust Her From House GOP Leadership
- Las Vegas Raiders New Number Changers For 2021 Season. By Joseph Armendariz
- May 11, 2021
- Livestream: Blame To Go Around In Oakland A’s Relocation Threat? Start With Oakland Athletics
- MLB Ask Oakland Athletics To Threaten Relocation – Oakland City Council’s Progressive Wing Steps In
- Live: Dr. Fauci Testifies At Senate Hearing On Covid-19 Response | NBC News