ONN – Denver Beats Oakland Raiders 16-15, NFL Playoffs Missed, Las Vegas Stadium Coverup?
This livestream lasted from 12:10 AM to 1:47 AM EST, and featured Zennie62Media vlogger Joseph Amendariz and myself talking about the following subjects:
1) Joseph Amendariz interesting video-blog series made at the site of the under-construction Las Vegas Stadium for the Oakland Raiders called Allegiant Stadium. I asked him how he came to be able to get the great images on Christmas Day, and what his impressions of the giant building were. Amendariz said that he was surprised so little work had been done between his last visit in March and last week. That written, he was impressed with the building as it was taking shape.
2) We recapped the Denver Broncos hosting Oakland Raiders Game, a contest the Raiders lost 15 to 16. One notable stat is the Raiders outgained the Broncos 478 yards to 238 yards.
3) We had up to 75 viewers on the livestream, and many issued views on Derek Carr ( most want him as the Raiders Quarterback for the future) but expressed a lot of displeasure with the offensive coordinator Greg Olson and the defensive coordinator Paul Guenther.
4) Regarding the upcoming NFL Playoffs, many of the Zennie62 YouTube Live viewers think the Super Bowl will feature Baltimore vs. New Orleans.
5) We also talked about the future of San Diego / Los Angeles Chargers QB Phillip Rivers and Tampa Bay Buccaneers QB Jameis Winston. One of the Zennie62 YouTube Live viewers wondered if Phillip Rivers would be signed by, or should be signed by, the Oakland Raiders? I wondered if the Los Angeles Chargers might look at Winston as a younger Rivers. But, then I remarked that given his performance and potential, I thought it was dumb for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to part with Winston, who was dubbed “The Chosen One” at Florida State.
6) The most controversial segment of the show was around the assertion of Las Vegas blogger “Jedi” Rich Lightower that Mick Akers and Rick Velotta of the Las Vegas Review Journal engaged in a coverup of negative information regarding Las Vegas Stadium. This is what he wrote:
LAS VEGAS, NV: Don Webb and the Las Vegas Review-Journal finally admitted that the EFTE roof raising process is delayed and that bolts are breaking at the Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas.
What is disturbing is that it appears that Mick Akers and Rick Velotta from the Las Vegas Review-Journal withheld valuable information to intentionally keep this from the season ticket buyers. The Review-Journal was purchased by Sheldon Adelson of the Las Vegas Venetian and Sands Corps (NASDAQ: LVS) in 2015.
The Las Vegas Stadium is fund by the sales of season tickets aka Personal Seat Licenses or PSLs. Any overages are paid for by the ticket holders.
The Jedi have been keeping a journal of the Review-Journal. We created a timeline of events and compared them to the published headlines. It is apparent that they knew about the roof raising issues BEFORE the November 15th season ticket payments were due. Further, they did not publish any article regarding a roof delay or bolts breaking until after the buyers made their initial payments.
Why Would a Major Newspaper Print Three Missed Deadlines With No Explanation?
Mick Akers from the Las Vegas Review-Journal wrote that the roof was originally scheduled to be lifted by the end of October. After a series of denying any sort of delays, Mick finally noted the delay on November 18th; the Monday after Friday the 15th. Season ticket payments were due on November 15th.
Mick Akers spent two days squashing any social media reports that suggested the roof raising was delayed.
Further, when social media reports began bubbling on October 2nd about a roof raising delay, Mick spent the next two days smearing any blogger or tweeter who had a following. Mick would troll their accounts and accuse them of spreading fake news. If you’re new to social media what happens when a verified journalist does that is this: the blogger or tweeter gets bullied and abused by the verified journalist’s vicious followers. Mick and Rick are verified journalists and their followers will support anything they say. This form of bullying and intimidation should not be allowed from verified journalists with a blue check mark.
That’s rather alarming, and has to cause one to ask who’s paying them to keep this kind of reputation management work going on, and why? And for the record, the cable-net roof was supposed to have been uploaded into place on August 8th. That didn’t happen, and it’s not expected to happen until the last week of April of 2020.
The Raiders may not leave Oakland, just yet.
Note from Oakland News Now Technical: this video-blog post shows the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- NFL Notable Stats And Milestones For Week 3, 2021 Season September 27, 2021
- SF 49ers Leave 37 Secs For Green Bay Packers To Drive To Kick 53 Yd Field Goal, Win 30 To 28 September 26, 2021
- INSANE Ending! Miami Dolphins vs Las Vegas Raiders September 26, 2021
- Sarah Everard death received more attention than Sabina Nessa’s, but WHY? September 26, 2021
- Sabina Nessa – The Teacher Murdered In South London | Investigation So Far September 26, 2021
- Gruden, Carr, Renfrow, Hayward Jr., Ruggs III and Barber Postgame Pressers | Week 3 vs. Dolphins September 26, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders First Time The AFC West Is Wide Open Since 2011 By Eric Pangilinan September 26, 2021
- Ravens Locker Room Reaction After Detroit Win September 26, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders: Thoughts On 3-0 Raiders And L.A Booster Club Celebration By Joseph Armendariz September 26, 2021
- 2 men fatally shot near Oakland’s Laurel District September 26, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Make NFL History By Eric Pangilinan September 26, 2021
- Rob Gronkowski Injured: 2021 Bucs Vs Rams. September 26, 2021
- Marshon Lattimore on Win in Return | Saints-Patriots Postgame September 26, 2021
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs Los Angeles Rams Highlights 3rd – Qtr | NFL Week 3 | September 26, 2021 September 26, 2021
- Sean Payton on Week 3 Win | Saints-Patriots Postgame September 26, 2021
- Jameis Winston on Week 3 Win at New England | Saints-Patriots Postgame September 26, 2021
- Squash: Oracle Netsuite Open 2021 – Men’s Rd 1 Roundup [Pt.1] September 26, 2021
- Squash: Oracle Netsuite Open 2021 – Women’s QF Roundup September 26, 2021
- Squash: Oracle Netsuite Open 2021 – Men’s QF Roundup September 26, 2021
- Squash: Oracle Netsuite Open 2021 – Men’s Rd 1 Roundup [Pt.2] September 26, 2021
- Squash: Oracle Netsuite Open 2021 – Women’s Rd 1 Roundup [Pt.2] September 26, 2021
- Squash: Oracle Netsuite Open 2021 – Women’s Rd 1 Roundup [Pt.1] September 26, 2021
- Michael Irvin SHOCKED Kansas City Chiefs loss to Los Angeles Chargers 30-24 in Week 3 September 26, 2021
- 1991 Oakland Hills Fire Focus Of Disaster Movie Starring LeVar Burton September 26, 2021
- Guns N’ Roses Sweet Child O Mine Live At Allegiant Stadium Las Vegas 2021 September 26, 2021