Delta Variant is Different – It’s the NEW COVID
Delta Variant COVID
SARS-CoV-2 Delta variant, also known as lineage B.1.617.2, is a variant of lineage B.1.617 of SARS-CoV-2, which causes COVID. It was first detected in India in late 2020. The World Health Organization (WHO) named it the Delta variant on 31 May 2021.
What’s different about DELTA Variant Patients?
The delta variant is almost like a whole new COVID virus, as it behaves very differently from the previous COVID strains. It has at least three mutations on its spike protein, and more specifically, on its receptor-binding domain. That’s the part of the spike protein that binds to the ACE2 receptor on the cells in your body. The delta variant’s mutations help it bind more efficiently to the ACE2 receptor and allow the virus to enter the cell more easily. Also, its mutations allow it to better evade the body’s immune system.
Want more health tips from me?
Want to increase your energy?
00:00 COVID Delta Variant Explained
00:29 Delta Variant USA Update
00:39 Is the Delta Variant more Contagious than other Variants?
01:03 Fully vaccinated people can still spread the delta variant and be infected by it.
01:56 Does The Delta Variant Make Unvaccinated People More Prone to Dying?
02:35 COVID Breakthrough Cases
03:41 Unvaccinated patients regret not getting vaccinated
05:55 Covid Vaccine Update in the US
06:45 Vaccine Hesitancy
07:56 What Hospitals are using to treat covid?
08:22 Covid Vaccine Infertility
08:38 Covid Vaccine Pregnancy
09:09 Medical Exemption of Not Getting COVID Vaccines
The delta variant has caused COVID cases in the USA to rise over 300% over the past month, along with similar increases in hospitalizations and deaths. The Delta variant is estimated to be at least 60% more transmissible. One CDC document suggests the Delta variant is about as transmissible as chickenpox — with each infected person infecting, on average, 8 or 9 other people. Compare that to the original strain of COVID, which was about as contagious as the common cold, with each infected person infecting two others, on average.
Studies on people infected with delta variant showed that the fully vaccinated had as much virus in their bodies as unvaccinated people did. That doesn’t mean worse infection, though, if you’re vaccinated. But what the significance of those high viral loads leads to the higher transmission of the virus, vaccinated or not. Even if they don’t have symptoms. It’s why the CDC says that even vaccinated people should wear masks in areas of sustained or high transmission.
Also, a study in China found that the viral loads of people infected with Delta were 1,000 times higher than people infected at the beginning of the pandemic, and delta transmits in four days, compared to six days for the original strain. Three somewhat older studies from Canada, Singapore, and Scotland show that people infected with the Delta variant are more likely to end up in the hospital.
Does it make unvaccinated people more prone to death compared to the original strain?
Hard to know since there are currently no studies showing that one way or another. It’s also trickier to answer this question because you’re comparing apples to oranges. You’re comparing different strains with the original strain; no one was vaccinated in 2020. Also, at the beginning of the covid pandemic, we weren’t using things like dexamethasone and tocilizumab, two drugs that we now use to treat COVID, because we now know they reduce mortality. With the mRNA vaccines we have, they are about 95% effective at preventing serious COVID illness. So we know that even before the delta covid variant emerged, there will be breakthrough cases.
The CDC released a study examining an outbreak in Massachusetts where 74% of people who got infected had been fully vaccinated — and four of them ended up in the hospital. Testing showed that the Delta variant made up 90% of those cases. But overall, still, MOST of the virus is spread by unvaccinated people. The CDC reported a total of 6,587 breakthrough cases, including 6,239 hospitalizations and 1,263 deaths as of July 26. At that time, more than 163 million people in the US were fully vaccinated against Covid.
But here is pretty impressive. STAT:
Less than 0.004% of people who have been fully vaccinated experienced breakthrough infections resulting in hospitalization, and less than 0.001% have died from the disease.
Doctor Mike Hansen, MD
Internal Medicine | Pulmonary Disease | Critical Care Medicine
IG Account: https://ift.tt/3fuKYxO
FB Page: https://ift.tt/3txUfN8
#deltavariant #covid #covidvariant
Note from Zennie62Media’s Zennie62 YouTube and Oakland News Now Today Blog SF Bay Area: : this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a YouTube channel. When the video is “liked” by Zennie62 YouTube, then it is automatically uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective here, on top of our is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours – is the use of the existing YouTube social graph on any subject in the World. Now, news is reported with a smartphone and also by promoting current content on YouTube: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary, or having a camera crew to shoot what is already on YouTube. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- KTVU Frank Somerville Suspended For Gabby Petito Social Media Debate – Answering Your Questions September 26, 2021
- Bill Carroll’s Saturday Superlatives WRs Week 3 Drake London, Treylon Burks, Calvin Austin III. September 26, 2021
- Mary Everett Of Everett & Jones BBQ Berkeley Dies Of COVID-19 65 Years Old September 26, 2021
- Bill Carroll’s Saturday Superlatives Defense Week 3 Cade York, DeAndre Square, CJ Brewer, Ty Boeck. September 26, 2021
- Bill Carroll’s Saturday Superlatives WRs Week 3 Treylon Burks, Drake London and Deven Thompkins September 26, 2021
- Bill Carroll’s Saturday Superlative-TE Week 3 Xavier Gaines,Charlie Kolar,Trey McBride&Gerrit Prince September 25, 2021
- Amtrak train headed to Seattle, Portland derailed in Montana September 25, 2021
- Jen Friel Of “Talk Nerdy To Me” On Her New TV Show At CES 2011 Las Vegas September 25, 2021
- Brian Laundrie Motel A 7 minute Walk From The Last Spot Kylen & Crystal were last seen alive September 25, 2021
- Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte Being Investigated By Eric Pangilinan September 25, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Sign Running Back Trey Ragas To The Active Roster By Eric Pangilinan September 25, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Keys To Victory For Week Three Vs The Dolphins By Eric Pangilinan September 25, 2021
- Bill Carroll’s Saturday Superlative RBs Week 3 Sean Tucker, Ronnie Rivers Shermari Jones&Rasheen Ali September 25, 2021
- Staunch Moderates – Rapper Casanova Ace and DJ Staunch Launch New Album ‘The First Realm’ September 25, 2021
- In Memory of Our Friend, Willie Garson September 25, 2021
- Bill Carroll’s Saturday Superlatives QBs Week 3 Tannner Mordecai, Austin Kendall, and Jaxson Dart. September 25, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Mogul Steve Wynn To Light Al Davis Torch At Allegiant Stadium By Eric Pangilinan September 25, 2021
- KTVU’s Frank Somerville Suspended For Good Says Rich Lieberman – Not Over Gabby Petito Social Media September 25, 2021
- Free Football Pick UCLA Bruins vs Stanford Cardinal Prediction, 9/25/2021 College Football Best Bet September 25, 2021
- Stanford Football: UCLA Motivational September 25, 2021
- Washington vs Cal 9/25/21 Free College Football Picks and Predictions Week 4 2021 September 25, 2021
- Mail thieves caught on camera in Oakland September 25, 2021
- Home For Sale – 2364 E 16th St Oakland, CA 94601 September 25, 2021
- 2018 SUBARU Outback Walnut Creek, San Francisco, Oakland, Berkeley, Vallejo J3219216 September 25, 2021
- Brian Laundrie search: INSIDE motel where Gabby Petito’s fiancé stayed after the traffic stop September 25, 2021