DeAngelo Hall, the former Oakland Raiders and Pro Bowl defensive back, has joined NFL Network, it was announced June 13th 2019. While Mr. Hall only played eight games for the Raiders, the saying “Once a Raider, always a Raider” applies to the man they call “D Hall.”
Beginning in July, DeAngelo Hall (@DeAngeloHall23 on Twitter) can be seen as an in-studio analyst on various NFL Network shows such as NFL Total Access and Good Morning Football, as well as on NFL Network’s on-location coverage of such events as the Super Bowl.
“DeAngelo is a 14-year NFL veteran who brings a ton of experience to the NFL Media Group,” said Galen Gordon, NFL Network Vice President, Talent Management. “We’re thrilled to have his analysis and expertise on our platforms.”
A first-round pick of the Atlanta Falcons in the 2004 NFL Draft, Hall played 14 seasons in the NFL, amassing 43 interceptions, 132 passes defensed, five interceptions returned for touchdown and 11 forced fumbles during his career. The three-time Pro Bowl defensive back played four seasons in Atlanta before being traded to the Oakland Raiders in 2008.
Hall Not Given A Chance With The Oakland Raiders Due To An Abrupt Change Of Course By Al Davis
As stated earlier, DeAngelo Hall played eight games for the Raiders before his release. The reason for the short stay, according to ESPN’s John Clayton, was that Al Davis, Oakland Raiders Managers of the General Partnership, was angered by the team’s 2 and 6 start to the 2008 NFL Season, and sought to make dramatic changes.
Given that Hall came to the Raiders with a giant seven-year, $72 million contract, yet not the performance to show for it, he became an easy target for the irate Davis. The move to cut Hall left one of many “dead-money agreements” (where the team is still paying the player after he’s released) that caused the Raiders to bring in Reggie MacKenzie to fix as general manager in 2011.
DeAngelo Hall would sign with the Washington Redskins where he finished his career. Now, Mr. Hall is tied for an NFL record for most interceptions in a single game (four) and holds the record for most career fumble return yards (328) in NFL history.
DeAngelo Hall, a native of Chesapeake, Virginia, played three seasons at Virginia Tech where he earned second-team All-American honors in 2003. In 2016, Hall was inducted into the Virginia Tech Sports Hall of Fame.
Stay tuned. (Hat tip: NFL press release)
LET ZENNIE62MEDIA TELL YOUR STORY
Let ZENNIE62MEDIA Tell The Story About You The Media Refuses To Produce. Visit our site and hire Zennie62Media.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Mads Mikkelsen And Anders Jensen Blockbuster Interview With Zennie62Media’s Jessica Dwyer
- East Oakland Stadium Alliance Seeks To Drown A’s Fans In Water At Coliseum
- Mads Mikkelsen Oscars: Mads Mikkelsen, Anders Jensen, Riders Of Justice Interview: Jessica Dwyer
- Oakland Schools: OUSD 2021 Classified School Employees Of The Year
- Biden Press Secretary Jen Psaki Statement On Restart of Colonial Pipeline And Continued Federal Government Efforts To Mitigate Impacts
- The Oakland A’s Never “Rooted In Oakland” – Las Vegas Mayor Says Relocation Talk 2 Years Old
- Oakland Athletics In Relocation Talks for 2 Years According To LV Review Journal – by Richard Haick
- City Of Oakland Eviction Moratorium Not Impacted By Federal Ruling
- RaceTrac Fayetteville Ga Gas Pumps Out Of Gas Except Diesel Due To Cyberattack
- 2021 NFL Schedule Revealed On NFL Network’s Schedule Release 21 Show
- NFL Gives Nine Social Justice Programs $2.5 Million
- SF Bay Area Bicycle Is Back With Bike Oakland: Bancroft And International
- Rockets Kill 2 Israelis, Airstrikes Kill 28 In Gaza | MSNBC
- Crocker Highlands Mid-Century, Oakland, CA, 94610
- Violent Israeli-Palestinian Unrest Kills At Least 33 | The 11th Hour
- MLB tells Oakland A’s to start exploring other cities
- Team Coverage: Major League Baseball Greenlights Oakland A’s To Consider Relocating
- Talk’s Las Vegas Athletics For Oakland A’s Relocation But Portland Has 50K Signatures For MLB Ballpark
- Rep Liz Chaney Speech On House Floor On Eve Of Vote To Oust Her From House GOP Leadership
- Las Vegas Raiders New Number Changers For 2021 Season. By Joseph Armendariz