DeAngelo Hall, the former Oakland Raiders and Pro Bowl defensive back, has joined NFL Network, it was announced June 13th 2019. While Mr. Hall only played eight games for the Raiders, the saying “Once a Raider, always a Raider” applies to the man they call “D Hall.”
Beginning in July, DeAngelo Hall (@DeAngeloHall23 on Twitter) can be seen as an in-studio analyst on various NFL Network shows such as NFL Total Access and Good Morning Football, as well as on NFL Network’s on-location coverage of such events as the Super Bowl.
“DeAngelo is a 14-year NFL veteran who brings a ton of experience to the NFL Media Group,” said Galen Gordon, NFL Network Vice President, Talent Management. “We’re thrilled to have his analysis and expertise on our platforms.”
A first-round pick of the Atlanta Falcons in the 2004 NFL Draft, Hall played 14 seasons in the NFL, amassing 43 interceptions, 132 passes defensed, five interceptions returned for touchdown and 11 forced fumbles during his career. The three-time Pro Bowl defensive back played four seasons in Atlanta before being traded to the Oakland Raiders in 2008.
Hall Not Given A Chance With The Oakland Raiders Due To An Abrupt Change Of Course By Al Davis
As stated earlier, DeAngelo Hall played eight games for the Raiders before his release. The reason for the short stay, according to ESPN’s John Clayton, was that Al Davis, Oakland Raiders Managers of the General Partnership, was angered by the team’s 2 and 6 start to the 2008 NFL Season, and sought to make dramatic changes.
Given that Hall came to the Raiders with a giant seven-year, $72 million contract, yet not the performance to show for it, he became an easy target for the irate Davis. The move to cut Hall left one of many “dead-money agreements” (where the team is still paying the player after he’s released) that caused the Raiders to bring in Reggie MacKenzie to fix as general manager in 2011.
DeAngelo Hall would sign with the Washington Redskins where he finished his career. Now, Mr. Hall is tied for an NFL record for most interceptions in a single game (four) and holds the record for most career fumble return yards (328) in NFL history.
DeAngelo Hall, a native of Chesapeake, Virginia, played three seasons at Virginia Tech where he earned second-team All-American honors in 2003. In 2016, Hall was inducted into the Virginia Tech Sports Hall of Fame.
Stay tuned. (Hat tip: NFL press release)
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Oakland Councilmember Nikki Fortunato Bas’ Heartfelt Newsletter To The Black Community
- Cryptocurrency Market Crash Based On Questionable U.S. Treasury Crackdown Rumor
- Redefine Quartet from McAlester, OK live at Oakland Full Gospel Holiness Church in Oakland, OK
- Upcoming Events at Allen Temple Baptist Church Oakland for the week of 4/18/21
- Shooting at the Gallery Art Bar in Oakland, Ca
- Oakland Police Possibly To Arrest Me For Protest – By Derrick Soo
- Oakland News Now at OaklandNewsNow.com Is The Most Advanced Active News Blog Website Ever In Oakland
- 2021 NFL Mock Draft V2 Livestream By Zennie62Media For April 17th
- Former Oakland Mayor Elihu Harris On ESPN 30-For-30 Raiders Al Davis vs. NFL – The Aftermath
- Elihu Harris Former Oakland Mayor On ESPN 30-For-30, “Al Davis Versus The NFL”
- Walk Down MacArthur Blvd To Grand Av In Oakland Adams Point Made Into Instagram Art
- Oakland Marriott City Center Has Striking Mural Of Young Black Girl At Play That’s Amazing
- Detroit Tigers vs Oakland Athletics Highlights April 16, 2021 – MLB Highlights | MLB Season 2021
- Peaceful Demonstration Over Deadly Police Shootings Turns Violent in Oakland
- Demonstration in Oakland to Protest Police Shootings Turns Violent
- Kevin Samuels And Kevin Durant Use White-Owned Social Media To Say Bad Things About Black Folks
- Oakland NAACP Response to District Curriculum Adoption Recommendation.
- COVID-19 Vaccine At Dodger Stadium – By Joseph Armendariz
- The Alley Cat Bar In Oakland At 3325 Grand Avenue To Reopen Thursday April 22 2021
- Erica Chapman Makeup Artist In Deshaun Watson Lawsuit Poses Prostitute Problem For Tony Buzbee