ONN – Darrell Carter Of Montclair Greater Oakland Democratic Club, UC Berkeley, Passes
I received an email from Chris Peeples, long time Piedmont Avenue Neighborhood Improvement League (PANIL) and AC Transit Board Member, sharing the sad news of Dr. Darrell Carter, former member of Montclair Greater Oakland Democratic Club, and famed UC Berkeley Optometry Professor.
It is with regret that I notify you of the recent death of my friend Darrell Carter, OD, PhD, FAAO. Darrell was a long time active member of MGO and a delegate to several Democratic National conventions. He funded the United Democratic Campaign Alameda North several times in the 70s and 80s. He ran for the EBMUD board as an development skeptic in the first election where there were broad dissemination of the Berman D’Agostino “slate cards.” The other candidate for the open seat was Mary Warren, a member of the national Democratic committee. Mary Warren won.
Professionally, Darrell was an optometrist, a professor of optometry at UC Berkeley and Dean of the school of continuing education in optometry at UC Berkeley. The School of Optometry’s biography of him can be found at: https://ift.tt/2sW2OXo.
When Darrell retired he and Mary Kate moved up to Glen Ellen in Sonoma County where he was living when he passed..
— Chris Peeples —
On Facebook, Oakland District One Councilmember Dan Kalb added “He was a Peralta Community Colleges Board trustee, not to mention that his research helped lead to the creation of contact lenses.”
Note from Oakland News Now Technical: this video-blog post shows the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Related Posts (YARPP)
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Adam Schefter Told Dan Patrick His Aaron Rogers Story Draft Day Story Was Made Up, Not From The QB
- 415 20th Street Thomas Berkeley Building Should Be Live / Work To Add Housing In Oakland
- Carroll Fife, District 3 Oakland Councilmember, Talks Housing And Homeless Problems With Experts
- Mandela Station At West Oakland BART Shows New City In City
- Self-Service Buffets Return To Las Vegas Strip
- Dogecoin Cools After Week Of Dramatic Growth Ahead Of Elon Musk On SNL
- Oakland Police Department On Unsolved Homicide Of Henry Texada
- Oakland Police Captain Jones With Ceasefire, Captain Holmgren Talk Violent Crime
- Mass Vaccination Site at Oakland Coliseum Closing
- Leigh Steinberg Talks NFL Post 2021 Draft – Will COVID-19 Be The Same Problem As 2020?
- Carroll Fife Oakland District 3 Councilmember On Housing, Homelessness, and Reform
- This Bullying Oakland Mayor Schaaf Has Gone Too Far – Terrorizing Libby As Evil As Police Brutality
- SpaceX’s Starship SN15 Makes First Landing Without Exploding
- John Jones Has A Major Surprise For Oakland California Friends, Politicians
- Oakland Planning Commission Approved Giant 415 20th Skyscraper Ignores Homeless – Thomas Berkeley?
- Oakland Planning Commission Meets Livestream On 415 20th, The Tallest Building In Oakland, If Built
- Oakland And San Francisco Hire California Movers USA For Your Next Relocation
- 415 20th Street Will Be Oakland’s Tallest Building, Draw 3,800 Employees – Planning Commission Says It Has No Impact
- Oakland Lacrosse Club, Oakland Athletic League, OUSD Partner For Girls Lacrosse League
- Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow: The Futurism Of Walt Disney