Port of Oakland’s Danny Wan heads statewide port group
Chosen President of California Association of Port Authorities
Oakland, Calif. – Oct. 14, 2021: Port of Oakland Executive Director Danny Wan is the new President of the California Association of Port Authorities (CAPA). Members of the trade group selected Mr. Wan this week. He succeeds Port of Los Angeles Executive Director Gene Seroka.
Mr. Wan manages both a seaport and airport. The Port of Oakland is California’s third-largest port. Its Oakland International Airport is the San Francisco Bay Area’s second-largest airport.
“I’m honored to represent California ports because of the significant role they play in supporting the state and national economies,” Mr. Wan said. “I hope to continue the association’s work in making our ports sustainable and efficient.”
Mr. Wan takes on the new role at a critical time. Unprecedented trade growth has congested California ports which process 40 percent of all containerized imports entering the U.S. The result has been disruption to global supply chains. CAPA will be instrumental in advocating much needed investments into California port, transportation and supply chain infrastructure.
Maritime interests are seeking government help to modernize ports and streamline regulations governing port operations. They’re also working closely with regulators on ways to curb emissions created by ships and cargo-handling equipment.
The port association represents 14 deep water ports. It sets public policy objectives that are advanced with local, state and federal government. Mr. Wan will guide the association’s deliberations and decision-making with the association’s members and staff.
Mr. Wan has been the Port of Oakland’s Executive Director since 2019. He has overseen the fastest growth in port business volume in its 94-year history. He also led Oakland’s response to the coronavirus pandemic, authorizing extraordinary measures that included:
- Berthing the Grand Princess cruise ship to disembark hundreds of passengers exposed to Coronavirus;
- Vaccine availability for Port workers; and
- Free Covid-19 testing at Oakland International Airport.
About the Port of Oakland
The Port of Oakland oversees the Oakland Seaport, Oakland International Airport, and nearly 20 miles of waterfront including Jack London Square. The Port’s 5-year strategic plan – Growth with Care – pairs business expansion with community benefits, envisioning more jobs and economic stimulus as the Port grows. Together with its business partners, the Port supports more than 84,000 jobs. Connect with the Port of Oakland and Oakland International Airport through Facebook, or with the Port on Twitter, YouTube, and at www.portofoakland.com.
Post based on press release from Port of Oakland to ZENNIE62MEDIA, INC.
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Is J.T. O’Sullivan Right About 49ers QB Trey Lance October 18, 2021
- Raiders Rumors, Overreaction Monday On Rich Bisaccia, Derek Carr + Winners & Losers vs. Broncos October 18, 2021
- Cal Men’s Basketball: Pac-12 Men’s Basketball Media Day Press Conference October 18, 2021
- Cal Women’s Soccer: Karlie Lema’s late goal gives Cal a 1-0 road win over Utah October 18, 2021
- Falcons News & Rumors: Grady Jarrett Trade Rumors? Josh Andrews Back? Falcons vs Dolphins EASY Win? October 18, 2021
- Mike Golic: Las Vegas Raiders used Broncos game as ‘safe haven’ | Pro Football Talk | NBC Sports October 18, 2021
- Statement from President Barack Obama on the Passing of General Colin Powell October 18, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders | The Jon Gruden Era Is Over In Las Vegas October 18, 2021
- A Retired East Bay Teacher Raised More Than $300K for Schools. Now, He Has a New, Ambitious Goal October 18, 2021
- Colin Powell RIP – Endorsement Of Barack Obama in 2008 Marked Major Change In Black Relations October 18, 2021
- COWBOYS y PATRIOTS luchan hasta el TIEMPO EXTRA | Semana 6 2021 NFL Game Highlights October 18, 2021
- ‘Bloomberg Technology’ Full Show (10/15/2021) October 18, 2021
- Dodgers vs. Braves NLCS Game 2 Highlights (10/17/21) | MLB Highlights October 18, 2021
- Derreck Johnson Runs For Mayor Of Oakland In 2022 Elections October 18, 2021
- Tech Byte – Tech for Tracking MLB Playoffs October 18, 2021
- Hisense | Washing Machine | All in One October 18, 2021
- Hisense X Laser TV | Bring cinema home October 18, 2021
- COVID-19 Vaccine & My Career | Funky Fridays w/ Cam Newton October 18, 2021
- U.S. Industrial Production And Capacity Utilization Report For October 18th 2021 From The Federal Reserve October 18, 2021
- DODGERS NEWS: MLB Weekly Update // Tom Cruise? Shirtless Scherzer?! Fugitive Behind Home Plate…??? October 18, 2021
- TECH – STAR WARS THE BLACK SERIES REVIEW October 18, 2021
- Frank Somerville 99 % Not Returning To KTVU After Of Gabby Petito Dustup – Oakland’s Rich Lieberman October 18, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders vs Broncos Post Game Live October 18, 2021
- Las Vegas raiders defeat the Denver broncos 34 to 24 My game reaction October 18, 2021
- Raiders QB Derek Carr on Week 6 win over Denver. Oct 17, 2021 October 18, 2021
- MLB PLAYOFFS #Braves #Dodgers #Astros October 18, 2021
- BLACK ADAM TEASER REVIEW 💥💥 | தாருமாரு TEASER 🤩🤩🤩 | NOVA TECH | October 18, 2021
- Top Plays of Week 6 | NFL 2021 Highlights October 18, 2021
- Top Runs from Sunday Week 6 | 2021 NFL Highlights October 18, 2021
- Dodgers vs Braves Game 2 Highlights | MLB 2021 October 18, 2021