Oakland – On Nov. 14, 2019, the Port of Oakland, California issued this press release that Danny Wan, who has been serving as the Port of Oakland’s interim Executive Director since last summer, and was Port Attorney for six years before that, has been named permanent Port Executive Director. Zennie62Media says congratulations to Danny Wan.
The Port of Oakland’s governing Board selected Danny Wan at a special meeting the morning of November 14th, 2019. He replaces Chris Lytle who retired in July after six years at the Port of Oakland helm. The Port’s announcement caps a two-month, nationwide search.
“We’re fortunate to have Danny as the Port’s new chief executive – not only is he an experienced public professional, he is also a local leader with demonstrated commitment to the communities the Port serves,” said Port of Oakland Board President Ces Butner.
Danny Wan is a familiar figure in the Oakland community. In 2000, he became the first openly gay member of the Oakland City Council, representing Chinatown and the Lake Merritt area in District Two. From 1996 to 2000, he represented Oakland, Alameda and San Leandro on the EBMUD Board. He brings more than two decades of experience in public agency law, finance and environmental policy, community relations and strategic planning.
Watch New Port Of Oakland Executive Director Danny Wan’s Speech In This Video
Mr. Wan takes over at a key moment. The Port of Oakland reported record revenue and operating income in Fiscal Year 2019. Its seaport reached an all-time high in cargo volume while Oakland International Airport neared record passenger levels. The Port is now reviewing its strategic direction heading into a new decade.
“It’s an honor to lead an organization that operates international transportation and shipping hubs and that generates tens of thousands of jobs,” said Mr. Wan. “I look forward to working with the Board and an excellent Port staff to plan for even greater efficiency in moving people and goods and to grow benefits for the state and the communities that surround the Port.”
Mr. Wan takes over an organization with three principal businesses: Aviation, Maritime and Commercial Real Estate. In addition to the Airport and seaport, the Port controls Oakland’s Jack London Square entertainment district. The Port directly employs more than 450 people.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Bobby Clark Interview “The Gorn” From Star Trek TOS Episode “Arena” At WonderCon San Francisco 2011
- Why Does SF Chronicle Oppose Oakland Sports Public Money, But Not For San Francisco?
- Grand Lake Theater Marquee Says Theater Reopens May 27th With Quiet Place 2 & Cruella 3200 Grand Av
- Zennie Abraham Live On KDEEFM.ORG Talking Oakland A’s Howard Terminal Ballpark Issue
- Inside Fairyland Park, Lake Merritt Oakland.
- Letter From Oakland City Council Leaders To MLB Commissioner On A’s Howard Terminal Project
- Oakland City Council Leadership Sends Nasty Letter To MLB Commissioner On Oakland A’s Ballpark
- SF Bay Area Bicycle Is Back: Bike Oakland: Redwood Rd & Park, Skyline, Leona Canyon
- Elizabeth Olsen Reunited With Anthony Mackie At MTV Awards 2021
- Kathryn Hahn Wins Best Villain For WandaVision At MTV Awards 2021
- Conservative Commentator Candace Owens May Run For President
- Howard Terminal Or Bust Dave Kaval Is Right Because Oakland A’s Have No Place To Go
- Vanessa Bryant Hall of Fame Speech | Kobe Bryant NBA Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
- Browns owners unveil new proposal for Cleveland lakefront
- The Optimistic Oakland A’s Report By Michelle Milliken – May 16,2021
- Asian woman spit on at red light in Oakland
- Las Vegas Raiders 2021 NFL Schedule Review Livestream At Zennie62 YouTube
- Golden Gate Bridge daredevils sought
- SF Bay Area White “Journalists” Can’t Stand Black Oakland Blogger With His Own Opinion
- Hearst Media Services Uses San Francisco Chronicle For Reputation Management Services