Oakland – On Nov. 14, 2019, the Port of Oakland, California issued this press release that Danny Wan, who has been serving as the Port of Oakland’s interim Executive Director since last summer, and was Port Attorney for six years before that, has been named permanent Port Executive Director. Zennie62Media says congratulations to Danny Wan.
The Port of Oakland’s governing Board selected Danny Wan at a special meeting the morning of November 14th, 2019. He replaces Chris Lytle who retired in July after six years at the Port of Oakland helm. The Port’s announcement caps a two-month, nationwide search.
“We’re fortunate to have Danny as the Port’s new chief executive – not only is he an experienced public professional, he is also a local leader with demonstrated commitment to the communities the Port serves,” said Port of Oakland Board President Ces Butner.
Danny Wan is a familiar figure in the Oakland community. In 2000, he became the first openly gay member of the Oakland City Council, representing Chinatown and the Lake Merritt area in District Two. From 1996 to 2000, he represented Oakland, Alameda and San Leandro on the EBMUD Board. He brings more than two decades of experience in public agency law, finance and environmental policy, community relations and strategic planning.
Watch New Port Of Oakland Executive Director Danny Wan’s Speech In This Video
Mr. Wan takes over at a key moment. The Port of Oakland reported record revenue and operating income in Fiscal Year 2019. Its seaport reached an all-time high in cargo volume while Oakland International Airport neared record passenger levels. The Port is now reviewing its strategic direction heading into a new decade.
“It’s an honor to lead an organization that operates international transportation and shipping hubs and that generates tens of thousands of jobs,” said Mr. Wan. “I look forward to working with the Board and an excellent Port staff to plan for even greater efficiency in moving people and goods and to grow benefits for the state and the communities that surround the Port.”
Mr. Wan takes over an organization with three principal businesses: Aviation, Maritime and Commercial Real Estate. In addition to the Airport and seaport, the Port controls Oakland’s Jack London Square entertainment district. The Port directly employs more than 450 people.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Downsizing Oakland Howard Terminal Ballpark Without Knowing About It Is Brainless
- Philippines Independence Day Saturday June 12th 2021: Eric Pangilinan Philippines Reaction
- French President Macron Says America Is Back During G7 Summit At Carbis Bay
- Oakland A’s Kaval, City Council’s Gallo, Alameda County’s Miley Muddle Howard Terminal Ballpark On KGO-TV
- 🔴OMG Vegas LIVE… You Won’t Believe it. Vegas is NORMAL AGAIN!!🚨
- 12-Year-Old Shot Confronting Catalytic Converter Thieves Outside Oakland Home
- Howard Terminal Ballpark: A Gift To Oakland And Its People – By Kevin M. Corbett
- Another Djokovic Vs Nadal Classic At 2021 French Open Nearly Marred By Curfew, But Loop-Hole Found
- Fayetteville Georgia Weather: Thunderstorm High Winds At 3:22 PM EST Friday June 11th
- Ayodele Nzinga: City Of Oakland Announces Inaugural Poet Laureate
- Oakland Black NFL Football Group Coliseum Stadium Proposal On July 20th City Council Agenda
- Nate Miley Alameda County Supervisor Holds Statewide Illegal Dumping Conference April 21, 2021
- Oakland Coliseum A’s Game Security Worker YouTube Vlog Shows Typical Day
- Trayvon Mullen Las Vegas Raiders Safety Needs To Step Up Says Eric Pangilinan For Zennie62
- Have You Ever Watched The Mars Live Webcam On YouTube? If Not You’re Missing The Future Now
- WATCH: Mars Cam Views from NASA Rover during Red Planet Exploration #Mars2020
- Trayvon Mullen Las Vegas Raiders Safety Needs To Step Up Says Eric Pangilinan
- Major League Baseball Doesn’t Care About Cheating In Sticky-Substance Controversy – Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders: Could Josh Jacob’s Be A Hold Out At Mini Camp – By Joseph Armendariz
- Kevin Durant Misses Three That Would Have Put Nets Vs Bucks Game 3 Into Overtime