Oakland – On Nov. 14, 2019, the Port of Oakland, California issued this press release that Danny Wan, who has been serving as the Port of Oakland’s interim Executive Director since last summer, and was Port Attorney for six years before that, has been named permanent Port Executive Director. Zennie62Media says congratulations to Danny Wan.
The Port of Oakland’s governing Board selected Danny Wan at a special meeting the morning of November 14th, 2019. He replaces Chris Lytle who retired in July after six years at the Port of Oakland helm. The Port’s announcement caps a two-month, nationwide search.
“We’re fortunate to have Danny as the Port’s new chief executive – not only is he an experienced public professional, he is also a local leader with demonstrated commitment to the communities the Port serves,” said Port of Oakland Board President Ces Butner.
Danny Wan is a familiar figure in the Oakland community. In 2000, he became the first openly gay member of the Oakland City Council, representing Chinatown and the Lake Merritt area in District Two. From 1996 to 2000, he represented Oakland, Alameda and San Leandro on the EBMUD Board. He brings more than two decades of experience in public agency law, finance and environmental policy, community relations and strategic planning.
Watch New Port Of Oakland Executive Director Danny Wan’s Speech In This Video
Mr. Wan takes over at a key moment. The Port of Oakland reported record revenue and operating income in Fiscal Year 2019. Its seaport reached an all-time high in cargo volume while Oakland International Airport neared record passenger levels. The Port is now reviewing its strategic direction heading into a new decade.
“It’s an honor to lead an organization that operates international transportation and shipping hubs and that generates tens of thousands of jobs,” said Mr. Wan. “I look forward to working with the Board and an excellent Port staff to plan for even greater efficiency in moving people and goods and to grow benefits for the state and the communities that surround the Port.”
Mr. Wan takes over an organization with three principal businesses: Aviation, Maritime and Commercial Real Estate. In addition to the Airport and seaport, the Port controls Oakland’s Jack London Square entertainment district. The Port directly employs more than 450 people.
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- President Joe Biden pitching legislative agenda at town hall October 21, 2021
- Local Matters: Vice President Harris to campaign in Virginia for McAuliffe October 21, 2021
- WHO warns pandemic will drag on deep into 2022 – BBC News October 21, 2021
- State Department policies exclude U.S. citizens’ family members October 21, 2021
- Cleveland Browns vs. Denver Broncos | 10/21/21 | Free NFL Picks And Prediction | NFL Betting Picks October 21, 2021
- Brian Laundrie search: Authorities find personal belongings, possible human remains October 21, 2021
- Local Matters: Virginia governor’s race currently tied, poll says October 21, 2021
- First sports equinox arrives NFL NBA MLB NHL all play in October after October 21, 2021
- Avlon: Texas showed how rigged the system really is October 21, 2021
- Thursday NFL, NCAAF, & MLB Free Betting Picks & Predictions – 10/21/21 l Picks & Parlays October 21, 2021
- Port of Long Beach executive director talks supply chain efforts October 21, 2021
- Browns vs Broncos | Free Week 7 NFL Football Picks | DEN @ CLE TNF Thursday Bets | Kyle Kirms October 21, 2021
- ‘Mass’ Examines The Traumatic Aftermath Of School Shootings October 21, 2021
- How Employees Are Holding Companies Accountable On Social Issues October 21, 2021
- LIVE: Speaker Pelosi Holds Weekly Briefing On Capitol Hill | NBC News October 21, 2021
- Morning showers soak Bay Area roads October 21, 2021
- FREE Basketball 10/21/21 Picks and Predictions Today NBA Betting Tips and Analysis October 21, 2021
- Thursday’s Best Bets: NBA Player Props, Spreads & O/U Picks for October 21st! (6-4 ON THE YEAR!) October 21, 2021
- NBA DFS Strategy 10/21/21 | DraftKings & FanDuel NBA Picks October 21, 2021
- The Oakland Hills Fire: 30 years later October 21, 2021
- FIRST LOOK: Sony Alpha 7 IV | Official announcement and event October 21, 2021
- San Francisco Tree Topples: Tree topples near San Francisco’s Japantown October 21, 2021
- Capitol Police officer: Trump supporters are being lied to October 21, 2021
- Braves vs. Dodgers NLCS Game 4 Highlights (10/20/21) | MLB Highlights October 21, 2021
- Covid Cases Rise In U.K. As Government Rejects Reimposing Restrictions October 21, 2021
- ‘Bloomberg Technology’ Full Show (10/19/2021) October 21, 2021
- We Discuss HBCU Football The NFL NBA MLB Playoffs October 21, 2021
- Simone Biles Speaks Out On Championing Mental Health October 21, 2021
- San Francisco closes an In & Out Over Vax Checks – California School Kids Safely Eat Lunch In Rain October 21, 2021
- House To Vote On Holding Steve Bannon In Contempt Of Jan. 6th Investigation October 21, 2021
- COVID-19: Prime Minister says ‘we’re in a much better position” because of the vaccine October 21, 2021
- Rep. Jayapal: We May Not Get All We Want In The Bill, But Let’s Get This Done October 21, 2021