Courtney Ruby is back! The once and former Oakland City Auditor, who ran for Mayor of Oakland only to lose to the incumbent Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf is running to get her old seat back! Courtney, whom I interviewed when she was Oakland City Auditor in 2011, is running against the incumbent Brenda Roberts, who to this point, was without opposition. Here’s my interview with Ms. Ruby in 2011:
Here’s Courtney Ruby’s new Oakland City Auditor 2018 press release:
Former City Auditor Courtney Ruby announced today that she is running for another term as City Auditor.
“With so many working so hard to solve Oakland’s challenges, we simply cannot afford to squander our limited resources,” said Ruby.
Ruby served as Oakland’s City Auditor for eight years, between 2007 and 2014. During her tenure, she turned around a troubled agency and made it a model of accountability, transparency and results. The office was honored in 2014 with a national award for its work and Ruby was named one of the Most Influential Professionals in Government Auditing. Ruby garnered local, statewide and national interest for the office’s hard-hitting performance audits and investigations. She also sponsored a whistle-blower ordinance that encourages city employees to report waste, fraud and abuse – which increased reports of abuses by 600 percent.
In January of this year, in a column titled, “Oakland Desperately Needs a New City Auditor,” the East Bay Express wrote, “Ruby proved to be a highly competent and courageous city auditor – dedicated to rooting out fraud, waste, and abuse in Oakland city government and protecting whistleblowers who risk their livelihoods in order to expose wrongdoing in City Hall. Ruby also made clear how important the city auditor’s job is – especially in a city with so many problems – and lived up to the title of “official watchdog” of Oakland City Hall.
Ruby has continued her career in public service – she currently serves as the Director of Administration and Facilities at the Metropolitan Transportation Commission, the transportation planning, financing and coordinating agency for the Bay Area’s nine counties.
“I love Oakland,” said Ruby. “Oakland gave me the opportunity to start a family, create a home and be a part of a community that is changing the world. I am asking voters to let me serve again as City Auditor to make sure our city government uses every penny wisely to keep our children safe, fix our streets and provide quality city services to our residents.
Election Day is Tuesday, November 6, 2018.
Learn more at www.CourtneyRuby.com.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Diageo Official Spirits Sponsor Of The National Football League
- 2022 Honda CIVIC Sale Price Lease Bay Area Oakland Alameda Hayward Fremont San Leandro CA 45605
- 2022 Honda CIVIC Sale Price Lease Bay Area Oakland Alameda Hayward Fremont San Leandro CA 45607
- Riding The Craziest Roller Coaster In England Tom Simons – Tommyinnit Reaction Video
- Loki Episode 2 : Response To Zennie Of Zennie62 By Joseph Armendariz
- President Biden Meeting Russian President Putin Is Our American Expression Of Democracy
- Juneteenth Is A National Holiday – My Complex Relationship With Juneteenth
- Review Of Marvel Studios Loki Episode 2 Review By Joseph Armendariz – Is Loki Evil?
- Loki Episode 2 : Did We See A Spiderman Logo Easter Egg By:Joseph Armendariz
- Loki Episode 2: Reaction And Commentary By Joseph Armendariz
- World Elder Abuse Awareness: Oakland Must Prioritize Getting Homeless Elderly Into Homes
- Kevin Durant Saves The Brooklyn Nets Season In Game Five Against The Bucks, By: Vinny Lospinuso
- Homeless Encampment Believed To Be Cause Of Fire In Irwindale CA By Joseph Armendariz
- Derek Carr Is A Good Example Of What Being A Raider Means – By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders: Josh Jacob’s Derek Carr Mini Camp Press Conference My Take Joseph Armendariz
- Charles Barkley Says He Not Having Fun Anymore Because Of Cancel Culture -By Eric Pangilinan
- Charles Barkley Says He Not Having Fun Anymore
- What Will Be The Raiders Keys To Having A Winning Season: By Eric pangilinan
- Howard Terminal Ballpark Oakland A’s Presentation To Alameda County With City of Oakland
- Charles Barkley Slams Cancel Culture – By Eric Pangilinan