Courtney Ruby is back! The once and former Oakland City Auditor, who ran for Mayor of Oakland only to lose to the incumbent Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf is running to get her old seat back! Courtney, whom I interviewed when she was Oakland City Auditor in 2011, is running against the incumbent Brenda Roberts, who to this point, was without opposition. Here’s my interview with Ms. Ruby in 2011:
Here’s Courtney Ruby’s new Oakland City Auditor 2018 press release:
Former City Auditor Courtney Ruby announced today that she is running for another term as City Auditor.
“With so many working so hard to solve Oakland’s challenges, we simply cannot afford to squander our limited resources,” said Ruby.
Ruby served as Oakland’s City Auditor for eight years, between 2007 and 2014. During her tenure, she turned around a troubled agency and made it a model of accountability, transparency and results. The office was honored in 2014 with a national award for its work and Ruby was named one of the Most Influential Professionals in Government Auditing. Ruby garnered local, statewide and national interest for the office’s hard-hitting performance audits and investigations. She also sponsored a whistle-blower ordinance that encourages city employees to report waste, fraud and abuse – which increased reports of abuses by 600 percent.
In January of this year, in a column titled, “Oakland Desperately Needs a New City Auditor,” the East Bay Express wrote, “Ruby proved to be a highly competent and courageous city auditor – dedicated to rooting out fraud, waste, and abuse in Oakland city government and protecting whistleblowers who risk their livelihoods in order to expose wrongdoing in City Hall. Ruby also made clear how important the city auditor’s job is – especially in a city with so many problems – and lived up to the title of “official watchdog” of Oakland City Hall.
Ruby has continued her career in public service – she currently serves as the Director of Administration and Facilities at the Metropolitan Transportation Commission, the transportation planning, financing and coordinating agency for the Bay Area’s nine counties.
“I love Oakland,” said Ruby. “Oakland gave me the opportunity to start a family, create a home and be a part of a community that is changing the world. I am asking voters to let me serve again as City Auditor to make sure our city government uses every penny wisely to keep our children safe, fix our streets and provide quality city services to our residents.
Election Day is Tuesday, November 6, 2018.
Learn more at www.CourtneyRuby.com.
Related Posts (YARPP)
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- 415 20th Street Thomas Berkeley Building Should Be Live / Work To Add Housing In Oakland
- Carroll Fife, District 3 Oakland Councilmember, Talks Housing And Homeless Problems With Experts
- Mandela Station At West Oakland BART Shows New City In City
- Self-Service Buffets Return To Las Vegas Strip
- Dogecoin Cools After Week Of Dramatic Growth Ahead Of Elon Musk On SNL
- Oakland Police Department On Unsolved Homicide Of Henry Texada
- Oakland Police Captain Jones With Ceasefire, Captain Holmgren Talk Violent Crime
- Mass Vaccination Site at Oakland Coliseum Closing
- Leigh Steinberg Talks NFL Post 2021 Draft – Will COVID-19 Be The Same Problem As 2020?
- Carroll Fife Oakland District 3 Councilmember On Housing, Homelessness, and Reform
- This Bullying Oakland Mayor Schaaf Has Gone Too Far – Terrorizing Libby As Evil As Police Brutality
- SpaceX’s Starship SN15 Makes First Landing Without Exploding
- John Jones Has A Major Surprise For Oakland California Friends, Politicians
- Oakland Planning Commission Approved Giant 415 20th Skyscraper Ignores Homeless – Thomas Berkeley?
- Oakland Planning Commission Meets Livestream On 415 20th, The Tallest Building In Oakland, If Built
- Oakland And San Francisco Hire California Movers USA For Your Next Relocation
- 415 20th Street Will Be Oakland’s Tallest Building, Draw 3,800 Employees – Planning Commission Says It Has No Impact
- Oakland Lacrosse Club, Oakland Athletic League, OUSD Partner For Girls Lacrosse League
- Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow: The Futurism Of Walt Disney
- Weather Forecast Oakland, California 05/05/2021