Dr. Tina Vasconcellos, Vice President of Student Services at College of Alameda, was honored by Congresswoman Barbara Lee for her leadership in feeding students and community members during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Tatyana Kalinga, District Director for Congresswoman Barbara Lee (CA-13), presented Dr. Vasconcellos with a letter of commendation from Congresswoman Lee at the College of Alameda.
The College of Alameda, in partnership with World Central Kitchen and Steph and Ayesha Curry’s Eat.Learn.Play Foundation, has given away more than 70,000 free meals to students and the community during the pandemic.
The food program began in May has provided free food to those in need and injected nearly $725,000 into the food service economy by hiring local restaurants to produce the meals.
College of Alameda “Grab-N-Go Free Lunch” is available on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. with drive thru pickup available at 555 Ralph Appezzato Memorial Parkway. Visit: https://alameda.peralta.edu/college-of-alameda-student-and-community-grab-n-go-free-lunch/
Dr. Vasconcellos was honored by Congresswoman Barbara Lee for her leadership in creating the program and helping needy students, community members, and the restaurant community during the COVID-19 pandemic.
“On behalf of Peralta Community Colleges, I want to thank Congresswoman Lee for her recognition of Dr. Vasconcellos and the College of Alameda,” said Dr. Carla Walter, Interim Chancellor of the Peralta Community College District. “I also want to thank the Eat.Learn.Play. Foundation and the World Central Kitchen for partnering with Berkeley City College, Laney College and Merritt College in addition to College of Alameda in this innovative partnership to feed hungry students and their families all across the Peralta District. This has been a fantastic program for both students and the community at large. ”
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Oakland Jobs: Waste Management Hiring Oakland California Residents At WM.com
- City Of Oakland Launches New Poet Laureate Program
- Oakland Fire Department Announced Oakland City Council Approved Return Of Full Service April 13th
- Exploring The Bay Area: Lake Chabot Park, Oakland, California Vlog
- Turf Toy On YouTube Brings 3-Wheel Slingshot SL To Oakland California
- Gina Champion-Cain San Diego Businesswoman Gets 15 Years In Prison For $400 Million Ponzi Scheme
- Grand Lake Theater Oakland Staff Fundraiser Short Of $35K Goal At $30,283 As Of April 13 2021
- 2/24/21 OUSD School Board Meeting – Resolution for Reparations for Black Students
- Oakland Police Chief LeRonne L. Armstrong Press Conference On Weekend Violence 4/12/ 21
- Oakland City Council Unanimously Votes To Use $10 Million To Restore Vital Community Services
- Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce Good On Greens, Fish, Shrimp, And Pasta. Mark Zuckerberg, Thanks!
- Patriots WR Julian Edelman Retires After 11 Years. HOF Next? By: Vinny Lospinuso
- Rapper RIFF RAFF Partnering With NFT Platform Sweet For NFT Collection For Turquoise Tornado Album
- Julian Edelman Failed Physical – Is This The End For Patriots Great Wide Receiver?
- Scott and Jon Analyze NEW Bucs 7-Round 2021 NFL Mock Draft
- Zennie62Media Helps OUSD And Oakland REACH, Which Ignores Its Oakland News Now For Lesser NY Times
- Daunte Wright Shooting Was Accidental Says Brooklyn Center MN Police Chief, Gun Pulled Not Taser
- 2021 NFL Mock Draft [FULL 1st Round] | CBS Sports HQ
- President Biden White House Issues American Jobs Plan State By State Report
- Drone Aerial Footage Of Downtown Oakland, City Center, Using The DJI MINI