The City Of Oakland sent this release on Oakland’s Embarcadero Bridge Project.
Oakland, CA – A major City Of Oakland seismic replacement project at Oakland’s Embarcadero Bridge has been completed, the City’s Department of Transportation (OakDOT) will announce Friday in a ribbon-cutting ceremony.
When: Friday, June 28 at 9:00 a.m
Where: Embarcadero Bridge, near the Jack London Aquatic Center at 115 Embarcadero
Who: City of Oakland Department of Transportation Director Ryan Russo, Oakland Public Works
The project, in construction since 2015, represents a major investment in seismic safety in Oakland. The project was primarily funded by the U.S. Department of Transportation’s Federal Highway Bridge Program (HBP), California’s Proposition 1B, and Alameda County’s Measure B. Including design and construction project costs were approximately $31.4 million.
In addition to meeting all current seismic safety standards, the new bridge is wider and taller providing an underpass to connect Lake Merritt and the estuary, allowing for small boats to pass. The project expanded space for more modes of transportation, from a single 5’ sidewalk on just one side of the old bridge, to a new 5’ sidewalk on one side, two bike lanes, and a 12’ multiuse path.
The event Friday will include a brief speaking program, media availability for interviews, and a ribbon cutting ceremony.
Related Posts (YARPP)
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Carroll Fife, District 3 Oakland Councilmember, Talks Housing And Homeless Problems With Experts
- Mandela Station At West Oakland BART Shows New City In City
- Self-Service Buffets Return To Las Vegas Strip
- Dogecoin Cools After Week Of Dramatic Growth Ahead Of Elon Musk On SNL
- Oakland Police Department On Unsolved Homicide Of Henry Texada
- Oakland Police Captain Jones With Ceasefire, Captain Holmgren Talk Violent Crime
- Mass Vaccination Site at Oakland Coliseum Closing
- Leigh Steinberg Talks NFL Post 2021 Draft – Will COVID-19 Be The Same Problem As 2020?
- Carroll Fife Oakland District 3 Councilmember On Housing, Homelessness, and Reform
- This Bullying Oakland Mayor Schaaf Has Gone Too Far – Terrorizing Libby As Evil As Police Brutality
- SpaceX’s Starship SN15 Makes First Landing Without Exploding
- John Jones Has A Major Surprise For Oakland California Friends, Politicians
- Oakland Planning Commission Approved Giant 415 20th Skyscraper Ignores Homeless – Thomas Berkeley?
- Oakland Planning Commission Meets Livestream On 415 20th, The Tallest Building In Oakland, If Built
- Oakland And San Francisco Hire California Movers USA For Your Next Relocation
- 415 20th Street Will Be Oakland’s Tallest Building, Draw 3,800 Employees – Planning Commission Says It Has No Impact
- Oakland Lacrosse Club, Oakland Athletic League, OUSD Partner For Girls Lacrosse League
- Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow: The Futurism Of Walt Disney
- Weather Forecast Oakland, California 05/05/2021
- SF Bay Area Bicycle Is Back With: Bike Oakland Ride To The New Ghost Town