Oakland –– The City of Oakland’s Human Services Department is preparing for the winter and holiday seasons with key events that serve the community – the 27th Annual Thanksgiving Dinner, and the 27th Annual Coat Giveaway.
Partnering with Community Action Partnership, Communities United Committee, and the Emergency Food Providers Advisory Committee, 2018 marks the 27th year of this community tradition providing Thanksgiving dinner for the underserved of our community. This Thanksgiving Dinner is Tuesday, November 20, 2018 11am – 2pm, at the Downtown Oakland City Center Marriott, 1001 Broadway, Oakland.
Founded in 1985, during the mayoral administration of Lionel J. Wilson, the Thanksgiving Dinner is part of the City’s Hunger Program. With the support of donors and volunteers, the city serves 2,000 low-income families, senior citizens, and unsheltered residents with a hearty meal in a communal, festive atmosphere. The City offers transportation to and from the event from senior centers, low income housing programs, and shelters.
It is with ongoing community support and generous sponsorships that this event has reached its 27th year. We are grateful for the support of this year’s sponsors:
The Oakland Athletics
The Golden State Warriors
City of Oakland Human Services Department
Alameda County-Oakland Community Action Partnership
Emergency Food Providers Advisory Committee
Even with this generous support, the City still needs donations. Just $26 will provide a meal for one guest, $130 per family of five, and $260 per table of 10 guests.
To contribute, make checks payable to: City of Oakland Hunger Program, 150 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza, Ste. 4340, Oakland, CA 94612. All donations are tax deductible. The tax identification number is 94-6000384.
For more information about this event, please contact 510.986.2721.
27th Annual Coat Giveaway
The City of Oakland seeks donations for the 27th annual Thanksgiving Dinner Coat Giveaway. Donate gently worn coats to help keep low-income families, homeless residents, and seniors warm this winter. Drop off bins are located in 150 Frank Ogawa Plaza Lobby.
Monetary donations are also welcomed and encouraged. Make checks payable to: City of Oakland Hunger Program. Deliver by mail or in person to Talia Rubin, Department of Human Services, 150 Frank Ogawa Plaza, Suite 4340, Oakland, CA, 94612
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Saints At Panthers – Will Jameis Winston Run Sean Payton’s Mike Martz Passing Approach? September 19, 2021
- Raiders vs Steelers Game Betting Prediction – Take Pittsburgh Give Points To Las Vegas September 19, 2021
- Oakland School For The Arts 8th Grade Promotion 2021 September 19, 2021
- Oakland School For The Arts Class 2021 Graduation September 19, 2021
- Twenty-Fourth Sunday in Ordinary Time – Mass at Our Lady of Lourdes – Oakland – September 12th, 2021 September 19, 2021
- Best Nursing Schools in Oakland, California, United States September 19, 2021
- #1 Alabama vs #11 Florida: Extended Highlights | CBS Sports HQ September 19, 2021
- Nick Saban talks Alabama’s win vs. Florida | ESPN College Football September 19, 2021
- UCLA vs. Fresno State Postgame Press Conference After Upset Loss To Fresno State September 19, 2021
- Fresno State stuns No. 13 UCLA after an unforgettable fourth quarter September 19, 2021
- Ben Bartlett Berkeley City Council Member on “Democracy and Defending our Civil Rights” September 19, 2021
- Berkeley’s Homeless Crisis with Ben Bartlett Berkeley City Council Member September 19, 2021
- Supervisor Damon Connolly Marin County Expresses Support For The LGBTQ Community September 19, 2021
- Damon Connolly wishes CMCM a Happy 10th Anniversary! September 19, 2021
- Damon Connolly Marin County Supervisor On Priced Out Podcast September 19, 2021
- SoFi Stadium Tour in Los Angeles: Home of the Rams and Chargers September 19, 2021
- 1783 11th Street Oakland, CA 94607-1435 September 19, 2021
- Los Angeles Angels vs Oakland Athletics Highlights September 18, 2021 – MLB Highlights | MLB 2021 September 19, 2021
- What’s New In iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Pro By iJustine September 19, 2021
- Breaking Vegas News – Las Vegas Raiders Ticket Prices Crash – Vaccine Rules to Blame? September 19, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Promote Running Back Trey Ragas To The Active Roster By Eric Pangilinan September 18, 2021
- Zennie62 NFL 2021 Season Game Predictions For Week 2 – Livestream Show September 18, 2021
- Neighborhood Tours in Fayetteville GA off Goza Rd September 18, 2021
- 384 Bellevue Ave Home For Sale In Adams Point, Lake Merritt, Oakland September 18, 2021
- Inspiration4 Dragon Side Hatch Open, Crew Comes Out After Splashdown September 18, 2021