City of Oakland Receives Nearly $37M in CARES Act Funding – $5M for Renters & Homeowners
Oakland – The City of Oakland received $36.9 million in State of California CARES Act funding. Five million dollars of those funds were allocated for renter and homeowner relief through the Keep Oakland Housed (KOH) partnership of KOH nonprofit partners and other nonprofit organizations. This funding will provide one-time financial assistance to low-income renters and homeowners impacted by COVID-19. The application period opens today, September 1, 2020.
The City’s Housing & Community Development (HCD) Department is the lead manager of the program. The KOH partnership will disperse funds to eligible applicants, with each nonprofit leading the application process for their organization.
Renter applicants may contact:
Bay Area Community Services (BACS) | www.bayareacs.org
(510) 899-9289 (call) | (510) 759-4877 (text)
Catholic Charities East Bay | www.cceb.org | (510) 768-3100
Centro Legal de la Raza | www.centrolegal.org | (510) 422-5669
Homeowner applicants may contact:
Housing and Economic Rights Advocates (HERA) | www.heraca.org | (510) 271-8443 x300
Applicants must be current Oakland residents, a low-income individual or household, and at risk of losing their home.
Funding is extremely limited, and applications will be prioritized based on need, severity of COVID-19 impact, and funding availability.
The City of Oakland’s Moratorium on Evictions remains in place until the lifting of the local emergency order by the City Council. For more information visit the City’s website at:
For more information on the Keep Oakland Housed COVID-19 Relief Financial Assistance program contact: City of Oakland Housing and Community Development, Housing Resource Center at (510) 238-6182.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Downsizing Oakland Howard Terminal Ballpark Without Knowing About It Is Brainless
- Philippines Independence Day Saturday June 12th 2021: Eric Pangilinan Philippines Reaction
- French President Macron Says America Is Back During G7 Summit At Carbis Bay
- Oakland A’s Kaval, City Council’s Gallo, Alameda County’s Miley Muddle Howard Terminal Ballpark On KGO-TV
- 🔴OMG Vegas LIVE… You Won’t Believe it. Vegas is NORMAL AGAIN!!🚨
- 12-Year-Old Shot Confronting Catalytic Converter Thieves Outside Oakland Home
- Howard Terminal Ballpark: A Gift To Oakland And Its People – By Kevin M. Corbett
- Another Djokovic Vs Nadal Classic At 2021 French Open Nearly Marred By Curfew, But Loop-Hole Found
- Fayetteville Georgia Weather: Thunderstorm High Winds At 3:22 PM EST Friday June 11th
- Ayodele Nzinga: City Of Oakland Announces Inaugural Poet Laureate
- Oakland Black NFL Football Group Coliseum Stadium Proposal On July 20th City Council Agenda
- Nate Miley Alameda County Supervisor Holds Statewide Illegal Dumping Conference April 21, 2021
- Oakland Coliseum A’s Game Security Worker YouTube Vlog Shows Typical Day
- Trayvon Mullen Las Vegas Raiders Safety Needs To Step Up Says Eric Pangilinan For Zennie62
- Have You Ever Watched The Mars Live Webcam On YouTube? If Not You’re Missing The Future Now
- WATCH: Mars Cam Views from NASA Rover during Red Planet Exploration #Mars2020
- Trayvon Mullen Las Vegas Raiders Safety Needs To Step Up Says Eric Pangilinan
- Major League Baseball Doesn’t Care About Cheating In Sticky-Substance Controversy – Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders: Could Josh Jacob’s Be A Hold Out At Mini Camp – By Joseph Armendariz
- Kevin Durant Misses Three That Would Have Put Nets Vs Bucks Game 3 Into Overtime