COVID-19: City of Oakland: Sought After Services Still Available to the Public – Planning & Building and Housing & Community Development Departments offer alternatives
Oakland, CA – In accordance with the Alameda County Health Officer’s order for all residents to shelter in place to slow the spread of novel coronavirus (COVID-19), the City of Oakland Planning & Building and Housing & Community Development Departments are taking measures to provide essential governmental functions consistent with the County’s order. Below is an outline of the services offered by both departments available for our public.
Conditions and information are changing rapidly. Please check back regularly for City updates relating to COVID-19.
Planning & Building Updates
“We have a dedicated team who will continue to serve the needs of Oakland during this intense time,” said Planning & Building Director William Gilchrist. He continued, “This situation is unprecedented in its scope and dynamism, and we are determined to respond accordingly.”
Priority services remain operational as outlined in the service matrix on the City’s Planning & Building web page. Customers can still submit certain types of applications online, provide plans, and ask questions using the City’s online services and resources. However, please note that the Planning and Building counters are now closed to the public, as is City Hall and other buildings in Frank H. Ogawa Plaza.
The department will prioritize the following:
Housing projects, particularly affordable housing projects and mixed-use projects that include housing
Continuing review of existing projects already submitted to the city
Other inspections as resources and time allow
Planning & Building web page: https://www.oaklandca.gov/news/2020/planning-building-department-response-to-shelter-in-place
Planning & Building Services & Resources: https://www.oaklandca.gov/services/related-to/departments/planning-and-building
Updates on COVID-19 Outbreak: https://www.oaklandca.gov/resources/updates-on-covid-19-outbreak
Housing & Community Development Updates
“This is an unprecedented event that has forced us to change how we conduct business,” said Shola Olatoye, Housing & Community Development Director. “My staff and I are committed to continuing to diligently serve the residents of Oakland during this challenging time with compassion and care.”
Rent Adjustment Program Related Services
Public Counter Service Alternatives:
Housing Counselors are available by phone at (510) 238-3271, Monday – Friday, 9am – 4:30pm. Answers to many questions can be found at www.oaklandca.gov/RAP
Rent Adjustment Board Regular Meeting– Canceled
Rent Adjustment Panel Meeting – Canceled
All appeals will be continued. A new notice of hearing date will be mailed to all parties.
Hearings & Mediation:
Rent Adjustment Hearings & Mediations scheduled through April 10th are postponed until further notice. A new notice of hearing date will be mailed to all parties.
New petitions can be submitted online at www.oaklandca.gov/RAP. Petition related documents can also be submitted by mail to: Rent Adjustment Program, 250 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza, Suite 5313, Oakland, Ca 94612.
Eviction notices can be scanned and emailed to [email protected]
All Ellis Act related forms should be mailed to: Rent Adjustment Program, 250 Frank Ogawa Plaza, Suite 5313, Oakland, Ca 94612.
Rent Adjustment Housing Counselor – (510) 238-3271 or www.oaklandca.gov/RAP
Housing Resource Center Related Services
General Housing Questions – (510) 238-6182
Family Front Door – (510) 808-7421
Housing emergencies – 211
Related Posts (YARPP)
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Nba Time For The 76ers To Trade Ben Simmons- By Eric Pangilinan
- Maria Ayerdi Kaplan: Salesforce Transit Center Should Have Her Statue In Front Of It, Marc Beinoff
- Dave Kaval Headed Back To Las Vegas, After The Howard Terminal City Of Oakland Alameda County Fiasco
- What Atlanta 1 Step From NBA Finals 1 Year After Donald Trump, Rayshard Brooks, The Pandemic, Means
- Atlanta Hawks Shock Philadelphia 76ers 103 – 96 – Off To 2021 Eastern Conference Finals
- Louis Riddick Says Raiders Issue Always Been Defense Not Derek Carr – By Eric Pangilinan
- Boxing Errol Spence Jr Belives He Is The big Dog- By Eric Pangilinan
- Gus Bradley Putting In New Defense System For The Raiders By – Eric Pangilinan
- Philippines Orders Biggest Doese Of Covid Vaccine
- Nba Western Conference Finals Devin Booker Shines By- Eric Pangilinan
- Deep Dish Pizza – Lou Malnati’s Pizzeria Classic Style At Uptown Plaza, Phoenix, 100 E Camelback Rd
- Gus Bradley Putting In New Defense System For The Raiders By- Eric Pangilinan
- 2021 Juneteenth Shooting At Oakland Lake Merritt Shows Some Black Kids Don’t Value Black Life – Our Fault
- Juneteenth Lake Merritt Shooting: Oakland City Council’s Nikki Fortunado Bas, Carroll Fife Statement
- Kumasi Aaron Of ABC 7 At Juneteenth Jubilee Oakland, Produced By Oakland City Council’s Loren Taylor
- Juneteenth Walk Down Broadway In Oakland Brings Back Memories For Instagram Poster
- 1 dead, others injured after shots fired at Lake Merritt
- Brooklyn Loses NBA Playoffs Game 7 To Milwalkee 115 – 111 Kevin Durant Reverts To Warriors Time
- NBA Super Teams Dont Win Right Away By- Eric Pangilinan
- Kevin Durant Is God Reaction – Hits Tie Shot To Send Game 7 Vs Bucks To Overtime