COVID-19: City of Oakland: Sought After Services Still Available to the Public – Planning & Building and Housing & Community Development Departments offer alternatives
Oakland, CA – In accordance with the Alameda County Health Officer’s order for all residents to shelter in place to slow the spread of novel coronavirus (COVID-19), the City of Oakland Planning & Building and Housing & Community Development Departments are taking measures to provide essential governmental functions consistent with the County’s order. Below is an outline of the services offered by both departments available for our public.
Conditions and information are changing rapidly. Please check back regularly for City updates relating to COVID-19.
Planning & Building Updates
“We have a dedicated team who will continue to serve the needs of Oakland during this intense time,” said Planning & Building Director William Gilchrist. He continued, “This situation is unprecedented in its scope and dynamism, and we are determined to respond accordingly.”
Priority services remain operational as outlined in the service matrix on the City’s Planning & Building web page. Customers can still submit certain types of applications online, provide plans, and ask questions using the City’s online services and resources. However, please note that the Planning and Building counters are now closed to the public, as is City Hall and other buildings in Frank H. Ogawa Plaza.
The department will prioritize the following:
Housing projects, particularly affordable housing projects and mixed-use projects that include housing
Continuing review of existing projects already submitted to the city
Other inspections as resources and time allow
Planning & Building web page: https://www.oaklandca.gov/news/2020/planning-building-department-response-to-shelter-in-place
Planning & Building Services & Resources: https://www.oaklandca.gov/services/related-to/departments/planning-and-building
Updates on COVID-19 Outbreak: https://www.oaklandca.gov/resources/updates-on-covid-19-outbreak
Housing & Community Development Updates
“This is an unprecedented event that has forced us to change how we conduct business,” said Shola Olatoye, Housing & Community Development Director. “My staff and I are committed to continuing to diligently serve the residents of Oakland during this challenging time with compassion and care.”
Rent Adjustment Program Related Services
Public Counter Service Alternatives:
Housing Counselors are available by phone at (510) 238-3271, Monday – Friday, 9am – 4:30pm. Answers to many questions can be found at www.oaklandca.gov/RAP
Rent Adjustment Board Regular Meeting– Canceled
Rent Adjustment Panel Meeting – Canceled
All appeals will be continued. A new notice of hearing date will be mailed to all parties.
Hearings & Mediation:
Rent Adjustment Hearings & Mediations scheduled through April 10th are postponed until further notice. A new notice of hearing date will be mailed to all parties.
New petitions can be submitted online at www.oaklandca.gov/RAP. Petition related documents can also be submitted by mail to: Rent Adjustment Program, 250 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza, Suite 5313, Oakland, Ca 94612.
Eviction notices can be scanned and emailed to [email protected]
All Ellis Act related forms should be mailed to: Rent Adjustment Program, 250 Frank Ogawa Plaza, Suite 5313, Oakland, Ca 94612.
Rent Adjustment Housing Counselor – (510) 238-3271 or www.oaklandca.gov/RAP
Housing Resource Center Related Services
General Housing Questions – (510) 238-6182
Family Front Door – (510) 808-7421
Housing emergencies – 211
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- The Clifton Street Regulars Jazz Band Playing Today, Sunday, Oakland Rockridge
- Oakland Councilmember Nikki Fortunato Bas’ Heartfelt Newsletter To The Black Community
- Cryptocurrency Market Crash Based On Questionable U.S. Treasury Crackdown Rumor
- Redefine Quartet from McAlester, OK live at Oakland Full Gospel Holiness Church in Oakland, OK
- Upcoming Events at Allen Temple Baptist Church Oakland for the week of 4/18/21
- Shooting at the Gallery Art Bar in Oakland, Ca
- Oakland Police Possibly To Arrest Me For Protest – By Derrick Soo
- Oakland News Now at OaklandNewsNow.com Is The Most Advanced Active News Blog Website Ever In Oakland
- 2021 NFL Mock Draft V2 Livestream By Zennie62Media For April 17th
- Former Oakland Mayor Elihu Harris On ESPN 30-For-30 Raiders Al Davis vs. NFL – The Aftermath
- Elihu Harris Former Oakland Mayor On ESPN 30-For-30, “Al Davis Versus The NFL”
- Walk Down MacArthur Blvd To Grand Av In Oakland Adams Point Made Into Instagram Art
- Oakland Marriott City Center Has Striking Mural Of Young Black Girl At Play That’s Amazing
- Detroit Tigers vs Oakland Athletics Highlights April 16, 2021 – MLB Highlights | MLB Season 2021
- Peaceful Demonstration Over Deadly Police Shootings Turns Violent in Oakland
- Demonstration in Oakland to Protest Police Shootings Turns Violent
- Kevin Samuels And Kevin Durant Use White-Owned Social Media To Say Bad Things About Black Folks
- Oakland NAACP Response to District Curriculum Adoption Recommendation.
- COVID-19 Vaccine At Dodger Stadium – By Joseph Armendariz
- The Alley Cat Bar In Oakland At 3325 Grand Avenue To Reopen Thursday April 22 2021