COVID-19: City of Oakland: Sought After Services Still Available to the Public – Planning & Building and Housing & Community Development Departments offer alternatives
Oakland, CA – In accordance with the Alameda County Health Officer’s order for all residents to shelter in place to slow the spread of novel coronavirus (COVID-19), the City of Oakland Planning & Building and Housing & Community Development Departments are taking measures to provide essential governmental functions consistent with the County’s order. Below is an outline of the services offered by both departments available for our public.
Conditions and information are changing rapidly. Please check back regularly for City updates relating to COVID-19.
Planning & Building Updates
“We have a dedicated team who will continue to serve the needs of Oakland during this intense time,” said Planning & Building Director William Gilchrist. He continued, “This situation is unprecedented in its scope and dynamism, and we are determined to respond accordingly.”
Priority services remain operational as outlined in the service matrix on the City’s Planning & Building web page. Customers can still submit certain types of applications online, provide plans, and ask questions using the City’s online services and resources. However, please note that the Planning and Building counters are now closed to the public, as is City Hall and other buildings in Frank H. Ogawa Plaza.
The department will prioritize the following:
Housing projects, particularly affordable housing projects and mixed-use projects that include housing
Continuing review of existing projects already submitted to the city
Other inspections as resources and time allow
Planning & Building web page: https://www.oaklandca.gov/news/2020/planning-building-department-response-to-shelter-in-place
Planning & Building Services & Resources: https://www.oaklandca.gov/services/related-to/departments/planning-and-building
Updates on COVID-19 Outbreak: https://www.oaklandca.gov/resources/updates-on-covid-19-outbreak
Housing & Community Development Updates
“This is an unprecedented event that has forced us to change how we conduct business,” said Shola Olatoye, Housing & Community Development Director. “My staff and I are committed to continuing to diligently serve the residents of Oakland during this challenging time with compassion and care.”
Rent Adjustment Program Related Services
Public Counter Service Alternatives:
Housing Counselors are available by phone at (510) 238-3271, Monday – Friday, 9am – 4:30pm. Answers to many questions can be found at www.oaklandca.gov/RAP
Rent Adjustment Board Regular Meeting– Canceled
Rent Adjustment Panel Meeting – Canceled
All appeals will be continued. A new notice of hearing date will be mailed to all parties.
Hearings & Mediation:
Rent Adjustment Hearings & Mediations scheduled through April 10th are postponed until further notice. A new notice of hearing date will be mailed to all parties.
New petitions can be submitted online at www.oaklandca.gov/RAP. Petition related documents can also be submitted by mail to: Rent Adjustment Program, 250 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza, Suite 5313, Oakland, Ca 94612.
Eviction notices can be scanned and emailed to email@example.com.
All Ellis Act related forms should be mailed to: Rent Adjustment Program, 250 Frank Ogawa Plaza, Suite 5313, Oakland, Ca 94612.
Rent Adjustment Housing Counselor – (510) 238-3271 or www.oaklandca.gov/RAP
Housing Resource Center Related Services
General Housing Questions – (510) 238-6182
Family Front Door – (510) 808-7421
Housing emergencies – 211
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Oakland City Council Unanimously Approves Vice Mayor Rebecca Kaplan’s Proposal To Support Litigation Against Ghost Guns October 20, 2021
- Henry Ruggs III Mic’d Up vs. Broncos: ‘All Bama on the Board!’ | Week 6 | Las Vegas Raiders | NFL October 20, 2021
- Boxing Sandor Martin Stuns Boxing World By Defeating Former Champ Mikey Garcia By Eric Pangilinan October 19, 2021
- Meet Jon Bean, Oakland Rising’s Deputy Director Taks With Liz Suk, Executive Director October 19, 2021
- Philadelphia Eagles vs Las Vegas Raiders | Week 7 NFL Game Preview October 19, 2021
- Oakland hills firestorm marks 30th anniversary October 19, 2021
- 30 years later: Remembering the Oakland Hills Fire October 19, 2021
- Los Bukis ULTIMO CONCIERTO 2021 Oakland CA I Mi Mayor Necesidad October 19, 2021
- In-N-Out Burger in Battle With San Francisco Health Officials Over COVID Rules October 19, 2021
- Braves vs Dodgers Game 3 Highlights | MLB 2021 October 19, 2021
- TITANS y BILLS se baten en un ASOMBROSO duelo de MONDAY NIGH | Semana 6 2021 NFL Game Highlights October 19, 2021
- LIVE SPORTS TALK! Monday Night Football Bills Titans Recap, MLB Playoffs, Next LSU Head Coach? October 19, 2021
- San Francisco Leaders Offer Cash Rewards in Hopes of Reducing Car Break-Ins October 19, 2021
- Buffalo Bills vs Tennessee Titans Full Highligh 4th Quarter | NFL Week 6, 2021 October 19, 2021
- Deputy chase underway in LA County October 19, 2021
- New Plan to Fight Car Break-Ins in San Francisco October 19, 2021
- Every Team’s Best Play From Week 6 | NFL 2021 Highlights October 19, 2021
- 49ers News TODAY: 49ers Injury Report, DeForest Buckner RETURNS, Trent Williams, Aaron Banks, Lynch October 19, 2021
- 30 years later: KTVU reporter recalls being trapped by Oakland Hills firestorm October 19, 2021
- Film Study: Raiders Defensive Line is causing Havoc October 19, 2021
- Raiders Sign Desmond Trufant + Raiders Rumors On Clelin Ferrell Trade, D.J. Hayden & Derek Carr October 19, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Alex Leatherwood Playing Better At The Guard Position By Eric Pangilinan October 19, 2021
- Raw Video: San Francisco Announces Cash Rewards To Stop Auto Burglary-Fueled Fencing Operations October 19, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders: Former Pro Bowl DB Desmond Trufant Signs With Raiders By Joseph Armendariz October 19, 2021
- ILUW Local 10, The Shipping Backlog & The Working Class with ILWU Local 10 Pres Trent Willis October 19, 2021
- MLB LIVE: Los Angeles Dodgers vs Atlanta Braves Live stream – Braves vs Dodgers Live October 19, 2021
- Raiders Rumors & News On Trade Clelin Ferrell, Derek Carr & Josh Jacobs + 2021 NFL Trade Candidates October 19, 2021
- Cal Football: Jake Tonges Press Conference (10.19.21) October 19, 2021
- Cal Football: Femi Oladejo Press Conference (10.19.21) October 19, 2021
- Cal Football: Justin Wilcox Press Conference (10.19.21) October 19, 2021