ONN – City Of Oakland Confused About Alameda County Outdoor Dining Update, Suspends Oakland Flex Streets
The City of Oakland sent this press release to Zennie62Media:
Oakland, CA – Late last night, (Friday, July 10), Alameda County issued a press release regarding updated State-issued guidance, dated July 9, stating that outdoor dining is prohibited in non-variance counties, which includes Alameda County. While Alameda County’s Health Officer Order had allowed for outdoor dining, the press release states that under this stricter State guidance, all restaurants, wineries, and bars in Alameda County may only be open for drive-through or pick-up/delivery options. Updated state guidance for restaurants providing takeout, drive-through, and delivery is available here: https://ift.tt/2DzA77N
In the midst of the changing regulatory environment, the City of Oakland has consistently relied on public health guidance provided by Alameda County. This latest information from the County is confusing and contradicts the previous Alameda County Health Officer Order allowing outdoor dining, and we share your frustration.
As the largest city in the county, with the greatest number of small and low-income business owners and largest communities of color, the impacts of this confusion fall heavily on Oakland. We are in contact with the State and County to resolve this and provide clarity for our community.
The State has chosen to issue orders to shut down businesses in other counties and may choose to do so for Alameda County. While the City’s enforcement has not changed, the State may enforce the ban on outdoor dining in Alameda County, including issuing citations. We share this information so business owners may make informed decisions on their daily operations.
Given this lack of clarity regarding outdoor dining, we are temporarily putting Oakland’s Flex Streets for restaurant operations on hold until further clarification is received from the County and State (expected a few days after the Board of Supervisors’ meeting on Tuesday, July 14). Retail operations are not affected by the County’s Friday announcement, and retailers may continue to apply for use of public right-of-way for outdoor operations.
Despite this confusion in regulatory guidance, with hospitalizations on the rise in Alameda County, we remain focused on our primary goal, which is ensuring that we re-open in a manner that is safe and sustainable for businesses, their employees, and our community as a whole.
If you have further questions about the County’s guidelines on reopening, please contact: [email protected]
Note from Zennie62Media and Oakland News Now: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Oakland Police Possibly To Arrest Me For Protest – By Derrick Soo
- Oakland Police possibly to Arrest Me for Protest by Derrick Soo
- Oakland News Now at OaklandNewsNow.com Is The Most Advanced Active News Blog Website Ever In Oakland
- 2021 NFL Mock Draft V2 Livestream By Zennie62Media For April 17th
- Former Oakland Mayor Elihu Harris On ESPN 30-For-30 Raiders Al Davis vs. NFL – The Aftermath
- Elihu Harris Former Oakland Mayor On ESPN 30-For-30, “Al Davis Versus The NFL”
- Walk Down MacArthur Blvd To Grand Av In Oakland Adams Point Made Into Instagram Art
- Oakland Marriott City Center Has Striking Mural Of Young Black Girl At Play That’s Amazing
- Detroit Tigers vs Oakland Athletics Highlights April 16, 2021 – MLB Highlights | MLB Season 2021
- Peaceful Demonstration Over Deadly Police Shootings Turns Violent in Oakland
- Demonstration in Oakland to Protest Police Shootings Turns Violent
- Kevin Samuels And Kevin Durant Use White-Owned Social Media To Say Bad Things About Black Folks
- Oakland NAACP Response to District Curriculum Adoption Recommendation.
- COVID-19 Vaccine At Dodger Stadium – By Joseph Armendariz
- The Alley Cat Bar In Oakland At 3325 Grand Avenue To Reopen Thursday April 22 2021
- Erica Chapman Makeup Artist In Deshaun Watson Lawsuit Poses Prostitute Problem For Tony Buzbee
- Marshawn Lynch: Sitting Down With Dr. Anthony Fauci
- OUSD Oakland Girls To Be In Soroptimist International’s “Steps to Success” On Saturday
- Derrick Soo Says WhereDoWeGoOakland.tv, A Remarkable Oakland Housing Effort, Is Active
- Sam Wilson Becomes Captain America In The Epic Falcon And The Winter Soldier Episode 5