Oakland – Derrick Soo, who’s Oakland’s first homeless man running for Mayor of Oakland, just posted the video-blog above about 15 minutes ago from the time this post was written. In the video, he says that the City of Oakland’s embarking on an encampment cleanup. From the YouTube vlog auto-caption, this is what he reported:
Welcome everybody Derrick Soo here 2022 Oakland Mayoral Candidate. We’re down here today there’s a big encampment cleanup: they’re gonna be removing a whole bunch of the homeless folks here.
I’m here to support the group they’re tearing out all the hard structures right now so there they’re just going to send a whole bunch of people down on to the streets (with) nowhere to go.
Oakland claims that they’ve offered all of these folks housing or alternative shelter at a local St. Vincent DePaul – and a local shelter We verified that there are no beds available hearing and there’s no reservations for City of Oakland or anyone.
So we’re here in support of the folks and try and offer whatever help where we can.
This is an attack literally an attack on all of the founders of the large homeless camps.
Right here, we have Markya, who’s the lead person over here the homeless contact and then her advocate is East Oakland Collective with Candice Elvan.
Next up, tomorrow we suspect, is over on East 12th the median. And that one is by the advocate known as Nita Beat of The Village of Oakland. She’s the founder. Then we have West Oakland for the rest of the week and the lead person over there is Mavin, Mavin Griffin.
So we have some issues with with that
So it’s clearly an attack on all the leaders and founders of the large camps.
In fact, as last as of last night, my former camp, 77 Ave Rangers, is now officially on the closure list next week. So we’re verifying that issue right now, and seeing how that plays out. But as far as we know now they have also made this personal for me: they’re closing my former camp next week.
We want flood (Oakland Mayor) Libby’s office with telephone calls and emails telling it to
stop this. This is just in front of the winter, and no beds – we verified this. There are no beds at any shelter for any of these folks. So they’re tearing down all these structures and leaving them out in the cold.
This is not humane. This is not humane, folks.
No matter what you saw last week on KTVU, on KPIX, all of those stations – it was a lie. They are tearing down structured homes right now. They spent the weekend towing vehicles. So there are a lot of homeless folks right now that have returned to all parts of Oakland.
And no alternative housing has been offered. So stick with me we’ll be right back.
Anyone representing the City of Oakland is welcome to respond in the comment section below, and the communications staff has the contact information for this blogger.
Mr. Soo also posted this video just before the one above:
As a note, this post does not constitute an official endorsement of Derrick Soo for Mayor of Oakland. That written, what he is reporting is Oakland news now, and should not be ignored.
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Witness Claims Oakland Police Searching for Wrong Car in Road Rage Homicide October 15, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Will Greg Olson Be A Better Play Caller Then Jon Gruden? By Eric Pangilinan October 15, 2021
- Fentanyl Alert!!! Looks Like Chewing Gum by Derrick Soo October 15, 2021
- Video of suspect vehicle in Oakland road rage shooting that left teen dead October 15, 2021
- 245 Perkins St 34 Oakland, CA 94610 October 15, 2021
- Rotary Club of Oakland Civic Thursday Meeting, October 7th 2021. October 15, 2021
- Why I’m leaving Oakland, California. Pt.1 October 15, 2021
- Downs Oakland Sunday Service 10.17.21 October 15, 2021
- 5800 Nottingham Dr Oakland CA | Oakland Homes for Sale October 15, 2021
- Raiders Rumors Mailbag: Hire Jack Del Rio As Next Raiders Head Coach? Start Jimmy Morrissey? October 15, 2021
- San Francisco 49ers Rumors: Xavien Howard Trade? Nick Bosa, Deebo Samuel Contract Extension| Mailbag October 15, 2021
- Latest San Francisco 49ers News With Matt Maiocco October 15, 2021
- Dodgers vs. Giants NLDS Game 5 Highlights (10/14/21) | MLB Highlights October 15, 2021
- NFL News: Leaked Emails Link NFL Attorney Jeff Pash To Bruce Allen Cover Up By Joseph Armendariz October 15, 2021
- Who will be the next Raiders coach in Week 6? | NFL NEWS TODAY October 15, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders vs Denver Broncos Game Preview October 15, 2021
- San Francisco 49ers Morning Show: The Positives With The Team October 15, 2021
- Stephen Schear Runs For Mayor Of Oakland, But Who The Hell Is He? October 15, 2021
- MLB Playoffs, NFL, CFB, NHL, WNBA Finals, Golf, NASCAR, NBA PF Ranks, News & Notes, Best Bet/Fab 5 October 15, 2021
- 49ers Trade Rumors: Trade For Brandin Cooks, Greedy Williams? Asante Samuel Jr Draft MISS | Mailbag October 15, 2021
- Damon Connolly Marin County Supervisor Runs For California Assembly Seat October 15, 2021
- Giants-Dodgers 2021 Highlights (NLDS Game 5 preview – IT ALL COMES DOWN TO TONIGHT!) October 15, 2021
- While LA Dodgers Spoil SF Giants MLB Playoffs Party, Oakland Gets Idea Of A’s At Howard Terminal October 15, 2021
- Giants vs Dodgers Game 5 Highlights | MLB 2021 October 15, 2021
- The adventure of the lake Merritt light show 2021 October 15, 2021
- Oakland Schools Leroy Gaines: OUSD Announces Arrival of New Network 4 Superintendent October 15, 2021
- Los Angeles Dodgers: Dodgers Defeat Giants Under Controverial Check Swing By Joseph Armendariz October 15, 2021
- XO Sports Talk Eps. 24 MLB Playoffs, NCAA Football WNBA Playoffs, NFL Week 5 & 6 picks, Boxing October 15, 2021
- The Oakland Police Department Needs Your Help Solving A Homicide By IDing This Car October 15, 2021
- Raiders Press Conference Talk, Mike Mayock takes Control October 14, 2021