Atlanta, GA – It has taken Chevron (and the company, Texaco, whose assets it purchased) nearly three decades to overcome allegations that it polluted the Amazon River in the Lago Agrio region of Ecuador. But what a victory Chevron is enjoying now in the “Chevron Ecuador” story, especially after its Dutch Supreme Court victory. After years of suffering damaging allegations that it had created an “Amazon Chernobyl,” the truth has emerged that Texaco acted properly and cleaned up the areas it worked in Ecuador.
The truth emerged that any pollution in that region was left by PetroEcuador, the Ecuadoran state-owned oil company. The reality was exposed that the entire case was a fraud committed by disgraced American attorney Steven Donziger, in cooperation with Ecuadorian activists Luis Yanza and Pablo Fajardo, AmazonWatch, former Ecuador president Rafael Correa, and a host of aging, washed-up Hollywood / Rock stars who took money from the now disgraced Donziger to speak out against Chevron.
These ‘stars’ included Danny Glover, Mia Farrow, Roger Waters, Sting, Trudie Styler, Bianca Jagger, Daryl Hannah as well as communist/socialist Eva Golinger (who seems to never met a Latin American dictator she couldn’t spew propaganda for). The lawsuit against Chevron was staged, including paid-for actors who pretended to be protestors at annual Chevron shareholder meetings and protests.
Crude Movie Was The Beginning Of The End Of Steven Donziger’s Chevron Ecuador Success
And, of course, the irony is that Donziger, like a Greek tragedy, caused his own downfall. His ego was so big, and at the time his pockets so full of investors’ and Hollywood money, that he secretly hired Hollywood director Joe Berlinger to produce a movie, Crude: The Real Price of Oil. The Fake-u-Mentary was Donziger’s downfall when the film, which was unveiled at Sundance in 2009, turned out to be nothing more than propaganda and, perhaps, the first example of genuine “fake news,” as we now have begun to understand that there isn’t any difference between a Donald Trump statement and Steven Donziger-Joe Berlinger production. Nothing you hear from any of three of them is trustworthy.
Once Chevron got its hands on the outtakes from the Steven Donziger – Joe Berlinger movie “Crude,” the fraudulent scheme against Chevron in Ecuador began to unravel. The outtakes, combined with Chevron’s legal demands for documents from Donziger and the plaintiffs, led to evidence that the entire case was a fraud. The science was faked, the evidence manufactured, and the judges bought and paid for by Donziger. It was if Donziger had become a petit Latin American dictator himself controlling and choreographing the entire charade.
My how things have changed. Every single international court has ruled against Donziger once his skullduggery was exposed in court and the media. The most recent legal judgments, from the Canadian Supreme Court and Supreme Court of the Netherlands, ruled against Donziger’s fraudulent scheme.
Today, Steven Donziger has become a Raskolnikov-like character from Dostoevsky’s Crime and Punishment. He may only emerge from this tragedy of his own making by confessing his guilt, and then perhaps he can find redemption and moral regeneration. To date, Donziger continues to profess his righteousness. The only question remaining is when will he will confess.
Here is the news on the latest victory for Chevron, which continues to expose the failings and criminal actions by Donziger in the fraud he attempted to perpetrate against the oil company at The Amazon Post.
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Smoke Effect Template | CSK Mass Status Black Screen Template | Luna Tech Tamil | New Templates October 16, 2021
- Red Sox vs Astros Game 1 Highlights | MLB 2021 October 16, 2021
- 41 Points in 30 Minutes?! Stephen Curry Got Buckets on Warriors Ground | Oct. 15, 2021 October 16, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders: Will Greg Olson Play Calling Produce 1st Quarter Results? By Joseph Armendariz October 16, 2021
- Stephen Curry with an AMAZING Dribbling Move! | Oct. 15, 2021 vs. Trail Blazers October 15, 2021
- The Coverups @ The Uptown in Oakland, CA 9/30/18 “Ziggy Stardust” October 15, 2021
- The Coverups @ The Uptown in Oakland, CA 9/30/18 “Pretty In Pink” October 15, 2021
- The Coverups @ The Uptown in Oakland, CA 9/30/18 “American Girl” October 15, 2021
- 49ers Friday: Bye Week Special October 15, 2021
- Steph & Curtis’s Pregame Routine is BACK! | #shorts October 15, 2021
- Peralta College Board Unanimously Extends Chancellor Jannett Jackson’s Contract October 15, 2021
- Witness Claims Oakland Police Searching for Wrong Car in Road Rage Homicide October 15, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Will Greg Olson Be A Better Play Caller Then Jon Gruden? By Eric Pangilinan October 15, 2021
- Fentanyl Alert!!! Looks Like Chewing Gum by Derrick Soo October 15, 2021
- Video of suspect vehicle in Oakland road rage shooting that left teen dead October 15, 2021
- 245 Perkins St 34 Oakland, CA 94610 October 15, 2021
- Rotary Club of Oakland Civic Thursday Meeting, October 7th 2021. October 15, 2021
- Why I’m leaving Oakland, California. Pt.1 October 15, 2021
- Downs Oakland Sunday Service 10.17.21 October 15, 2021
- 5800 Nottingham Dr Oakland CA | Oakland Homes for Sale October 15, 2021
- Raiders Rumors Mailbag: Hire Jack Del Rio As Next Raiders Head Coach? Start Jimmy Morrissey? October 15, 2021
- San Francisco 49ers Rumors: Xavien Howard Trade? Nick Bosa, Deebo Samuel Contract Extension| Mailbag October 15, 2021
- Latest San Francisco 49ers News With Matt Maiocco October 15, 2021
- Dodgers vs. Giants NLDS Game 5 Highlights (10/14/21) | MLB Highlights October 15, 2021
- NFL News: Leaked Emails Link NFL Attorney Jeff Pash To Bruce Allen Cover Up By Joseph Armendariz October 15, 2021
- Who will be the next Raiders coach in Week 6? | NFL NEWS TODAY October 15, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders vs Denver Broncos Game Preview October 15, 2021
- San Francisco 49ers Morning Show: The Positives With The Team October 15, 2021
- Stephen Schear Runs For Mayor Of Oakland, But Who The Hell Is He? October 15, 2021
- MLB Playoffs, NFL, CFB, NHL, WNBA Finals, Golf, NASCAR, NBA PF Ranks, News & Notes, Best Bet/Fab 5 October 15, 2021