Oakland News Now – Charlie Casserly, the NFL Network Analyst and former General Manager of The Washington Redskins, made some really stupid and seemingly personal comments about Dez Bryant on the broadcast of Thursday evening.
In an obvious rush to prove that Bryant is not the wide receiver he used to be with the Dallas Cowboys, Casserly used an example that made me wonder if he actually knew football.
Charlie used an example from the Cowboys vs Rams game of last year where Dallas lined up three wide receivers to the left with Dez Bryant as the middle slot pass catcher in the group of three: the outside receiver ran an up pattern, the inside-most receiver a kind of look-in patterned to the middle of the defense, and Bryant a slant pattern to the middle of the defense. Guess what? The Rams had Dez pattern covered with two inside linebackers and the free safety in the middle.
But Cowboys QB Dak Prescott threw the ball to Dez anyway. And it was a split second late throwing it. So it was a tick behind Dez – when Dez went to catch the ball he tipped it. Casserly says that because he did that Dez lost a step.
What should have happened was the play design should have allowed Dez the option of running a five yard out – away from the defense and that area of the field was wide open.
The play design was just stupid. But obviously Casserly doesn’t know enough football to see that. Sadly Dez has to be subjected to this kind of abuse. Charlie should be ashamed of himself. NFL Network too.
Oakland News Now Note: this post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest version of an experimental mobile media video-blogging system network that’s part of Zennie62Media. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 onYouTube channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site. The objective is real-time on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network and also seek interested content and media technology partners.
Related Posts (YARPP)
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Vivid-Pix Asks What Happened To Great-Uncle George In Online Mystery Game
- Velodyne Lidar Introduces Next-Generation Velabit Sensor
- Dave Kaval Oakland A’s President Shows Us Globe Life Field In Arlington, Texas
- Oakland Council President Bas To Hold Old-Media-Only Meetup On Budget Vote In Downtown Oakland
- 25th Street Art Gallery Oakland Saturday Stroll
- Oakland A’s Sergio Romo Drops Pants During Umpire Inspection For Foreign Substances
- City Auditor Pt1 Courtney Ruby, Oakland City Auditor, All About Community, June 8, 2021
- Boxing Keith Thurman Says Pacquiao Fist Feel Like a Rock Spence Better Listen – By Eric Pangilinan
- Atlanta Hawks Upset Milwaukee Bucks 116-113 To Win NBA East Finals Game 1
- Sonic The Hedgehog Celebrates It’s 30th Anniversary As A Franchise, By: Vinny Lospinuso
- Hawks Trae Young Shimmy Scores Three vs Bucks NBA Playoffs Game 1 2021
- Raiders Josh Jacobs Was Not happy Losing Hudson And Jackson – By Eric Pangilinan
- Boxing Oscar De La Hoya Coming Out Of Retirement- By Eric Pangilinan
- Raiders Derek Carr Supports Teammate Carl Nassib – By Eric Pangilinan
- Raiders Receiver John Brown Building Chemistry With QB Derek Carr
- John McAfee, Who Ran For President vs Donald Trump In 2015, Died In Spanish Prison
- Loki Lamentis Review Recap – By Jessica Dwyer
- Loki Episode 3: Does The Ark Reference Have Symbolic Meaning To Noah’s Ark? By Joseph Armendariz
- 2412 Kingsland Ave Oakland, CA 94601
- Bike Oakland/Alameda: Bay Trail & Bay Farm Island
Oakland News Now Archives
- California eviction moratorium still in limbo ahead of June 30 expiration – San Francisco Chronicle
- Adams leads in NYC mayoral primary but 2 others have a shot – theday.com
- Giant Crane To Pass Under Golden Gate Bridge En Route To Oakland – Patch.com
- Oakland Police Department using de-escalation simulator to train officers on use of force – California News Times
- Oakland A’s minor-league updates: Who’s making the case for a promotion? – The Mercury News
- Photos: Rally and vigil follows Juneteenth shooting at Lake Merritt – The Oaklandside
- Gwyneth Paltrow Probably Didn’t Write This Guide to What’s Cool and New in SF – Flipboard
- Crystal Teahon Obituary (1941 – 2021) – Cordes Lakes, AZ – Custer County Chief – Legacy.com
- East Bay Assembly candidates lay out LGBTQ plans – Bay Area Reporter, America’s highest circulation LGBT newspaper
- Cruise ships are back in business, but new rules mean changes – CNET