ONN – Chan Gailey: In 1996 Oakland Raiders Said He Was An Offensive Genius, Now He’s Miami Dolphins OC
In February of 1996, when I held the title of Economic Advisor to Oakland Mayor Elihu Harris, I was approached by Al LoCasale, who was Executive Assistant To Al Davis and The Oakland Raiders. While the reason for Al LoCasale’s approach was to use political channels to re-establish the 49ers / Raiders Preseason Game, I also learned a lot of what could be called “NFL Politics”. I was also introduced to a man that LoCasale told me “they were grooming to be Commissioner. Roger Goodell”. I also learned what was on the collective mind of the NFL.
We would meet at Raiders Headquarters and go for lunch at Linguine’s in Alameda (1508 Park Street). Awesome Italian cuisine. During one of our talks (which also included a lot of football strategy discussions) Al LoCasale said “What do you think of Chan Gailey?” I offered that I knew little about him. Al LoCasale said that many around the NFL considered him a genius, though he did not detail why that was.
Now, after many jobs, including Georgia Tech Head Coach, Chan Gailey stepped out of retirement at 68 to serve as Offensive Coordinator for Brian Flores, Miami Dolphins Head Coach. It was Gailey who directed the Dolphins’ win over the Jacksonville Jaquars, with Quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick at the helm of the offense. It was a lesson in the application of good old basic smash-mouth running concepts, paired with a nifty play action passing attack, sprinkling in a little read-option.
What I realized is that Chan Gailey, who now forgot more football than most people know, is a genius in that he knows how to teach the game, and instruct players in what to do. He may not be an innovator like Bill Walsh, but Coach Gailey understands what concepts work, when, and why.
I think Al LoCasale intended to say that, but he was enjoying the lasagna too much!
Note from Zennie62Media and Oakland News Now: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Oakland Jobs: Waste Management Hiring Oakland California Residents At WM.com
- City Of Oakland Launches New Poet Laureate Program
- Oakland Fire Department Announced Oakland City Council Approved Return Of Full Service April 13th
- Exploring The Bay Area: Lake Chabot Park, Oakland, California Vlog
- Turf Toy On YouTube Brings 3-Wheel Slingshot SL To Oakland California
- Gina Champion-Cain San Diego Businesswoman Gets 15 Years In Prison For $400 Million Ponzi Scheme
- Grand Lake Theater Oakland Staff Fundraiser Short Of $35K Goal At $30,283 As Of April 13 2021
- 2/24/21 OUSD School Board Meeting – Resolution for Reparations for Black Students
- Oakland Police Chief LeRonne L. Armstrong Press Conference On Weekend Violence 4/12/ 21
- Oakland City Council Unanimously Votes To Use $10 Million To Restore Vital Community Services
- Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce Good On Greens, Fish, Shrimp, And Pasta. Mark Zuckerberg, Thanks!
- Patriots WR Julian Edelman Retires After 11 Years. HOF Next? By: Vinny Lospinuso
- Rapper RIFF RAFF Partnering With NFT Platform Sweet For NFT Collection For Turquoise Tornado Album
- Julian Edelman Failed Physical – Is This The End For Patriots Great Wide Receiver?
- Scott and Jon Analyze NEW Bucs 7-Round 2021 NFL Mock Draft
- Zennie62Media Helps OUSD And Oakland REACH, Which Ignores Its Oakland News Now For Lesser NY Times
- Daunte Wright Shooting Was Accidental Says Brooklyn Center MN Police Chief, Gun Pulled Not Taser
- 2021 NFL Mock Draft [FULL 1st Round] | CBS Sports HQ
- President Biden White House Issues American Jobs Plan State By State Report
- Drone Aerial Footage Of Downtown Oakland, City Center, Using The DJI MINI