SHANGHAI and WATERLOO, Ontario – Ahead of CES Las Vegas 2020, BlackBerry Limited (NYSE: BB; TSX: BB) and MARELLI Electronics China, a global Tier 1 automotive supplier, today announced a strategic collaboration to integrate QNX® Platform for Digital Cockpits in MARELLI’s Electronics eCockpit and Digital Cluster solution. The CES Las Vegas 2020 – bound integrated solution is expected to be commercialized by a wide range of MARELLI’s Chinese OEM customers.
And of interest to CES Las Vegas 2020 attendees, leveraging the QNX Platform for Digital Cockpits, MARELLI’s sophisticated eCockpit and Digital Cluster solution enables automakers to deliver an in-vehicle experience that mirrors the personalized and seamless connected experience that customers have in their home or office, while ensuring that critical systems are safe, secure and reliable.
“It’s a privilege to work with MARELLI to deliver this innovative solution with a view to providing the kind of in-car experience that drivers want, with the safety, security, and reliability they need,” said Kaivan Karimi, Senior Vice President and Co-Head of BlackBerry Technology Solutions, BlackBerry. “Together we will enable leading Chinese automakers to provide customers with access to the latest applications that consumers want while simultaneously securing and sandboxing the infotainment portion of the digital cockpit so that if an app crashes, or its security is compromised or needs to be updated, it will not impact mission critical-driving functions.”
The expanded relationship builds on a solid foundation between MARELLI Electronics China and BlackBerry, who since 2016 have used the QNX® Hypervisor for Safety and QNX® Software Development Platform (SDP) 7.0 to develop embedded cockpit systems which have been deployed with four major Chinese automakers.”
“New automotive technologies are evolving faster than ever in the competitive global auto market,” said Wisea Wu, General Manager, MARELLI Electronics China. “The partnership with BlackBerry aligns with our strategies and allows us to develop next-generation, safe and reliable digital cockpits for our customers, which we believe will help Chinese automakers to boost the security and connectivity of their vehicles.”
The QNX Platform for Digital Cockpits is a leading-edge, fully-integrated, software solution that combines BlackBerry’s safety-certified QNX Hypervisor for Safety, QNX® Platform for Instrument Clusters, QNX® CAR Platform for Infotainment, and a secure Android implementation. It enables automakers to offer a reliable and secure QNX-based digital instrument cluster and infotainment system that provides access to the latest Android-based applications from a single ECU.
As the leader in safety-certified, secure, and reliable software for the automobile industry, BlackBerry provides OEMs and Tier 1s around the world with state-of-the-art foundational software and cybersecurity technologies. BlackBerry’s pedigree in safety, security, and continued innovation has led to its QNX technology being used and trusted by automotive OEMs and tier ones in their advanced driver assistance, digital instrument clusters, connectivity modules, handsfree, and infotainment systems.
BlackBerry’s full suite of automotive offerings will be demonstrated at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas from January 7-10, 2020, at the Las Vegas Convention Center. Visit BlackBerry at Booth #7515 in the North Hall.
For additional information about the BlackBerry QNX platform and why it is the most advanced embedded software platform on the autonomous vehicle market, please visit www.blackberry.com/qnx.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Community Holds ‘Unity Against Hate’ Rally in Oakland
- Giant Palestine Israel Protest In San Francisco Mission District
- Oakland Councilmember Dan Kalb Asks For City And Oakland Athletics To Keep Ballpark Talks Quiet
- Rombauer Upsets Medina Sprit Comes From Behind To Win The Preakness Stakes – Race Real Time Reaction
- SF Bay Area White “Journalists” Can’t Stand Black Oakland Blogger With His Own Opinion
- East Oakland Stadium Alliance Pushes Coliseum Ballpark With Flooding Future
- Let’s Meet. For Real. Meet In Oakland (full video)
- Base Camp 2021 Kick Off Hype Video
- 2021 Honda CR-V EX 2WD Sale Price Lease Bay Area Oakland Alameda Hayward Fremont San Leandro CA 4553
- Oakland Police Investigate After Elderly Man Attacked
- POOLE PARTY! Jordan Splashes Home 38 Points in Warriors’ Win | May 14, 2021
- Warriors Talk: Jordan Poole on his 38-Point Night vs. Pelicans – May 14, 2021
- Taj Tashombe, Oakland A’s VP Of Gov Affairs Is NAACP 2021 Black Male Achievement Award Winner
- Tony Buzbee Did Approach Deshaun Watson Reps For $100K Settlement Contrary To Recent Claims
- Oakland Fire Department Sends 3,000 Baby Goats Out As News To Distract From Oakland A’s Relocation
- Marjorie Taylor Greene Accused Of Fraud By Local Atlanta TV Station WSB-TV
- dat Krunchy Couple: Trader Joe’s Snack Haul
- Oakland City Council Leaders Email To Rob Manfred MLB Commissioner On Oakland A’s Relocation
- Pyro’s Pastrami Jack London Square Is Oakland’s Best Kept Secret
- 1100 Himself on The Meaning Behind The Word “Hyphy” + Explains Oakland Slang. PT.2