Las Vegas – (press release) Wizama, startup specializing in innovative gaming systems, unveils SquareOne: the first board game console. Featuring a built-in touch screen and pawns, cards, a dice and a track that act as controllers, it enables both physical and digital interaction – which ultimately opens players to a full experience of gameplay while preserving the sense of traditional board games: fellowship and sharing. Wizama won a CES Innovation Awards 2019 in “Gaming”. (Zennie62Media coverage of CES 2019 Las Vegas is sponsored by Lyda Music. Listen to her new album Divine Distraction, here at this link.)
Wizama unveils SquareOne: the first board game console. Born out of a father’s exasperation of having to fight an iPad to get his daughter’s attention, SquareOne offers the human experience, fellowship and sharing of board games, as well as the gamefeel and powerful rewards of video games, giving the whole a child’s play spontaneity.
SquareOne by Wizama is the first connected board game to merge two universes that never combined before: traditional board games and video games. It allows families and friends to compete, collaborate (and cheat) on a horizontal 19-inch screen, using connected toys (pawns, cards, toys, sets, buzzers, dices). Each of these toys every movement, effect, and interaction is calculated and illustrated in real time by the console. This interactive support modernizes board game and launches the era of the connected social game. SquareOne is a “video and playful” device that reinforces ties between generations, surpassing the screen generation by making the digital a driver of sociability.
Franck Botta, CEO of Wizama explains: “By combining board game and video game, SquareOne offers family and friends a way to experiment tons of fun and excitement without the generation gap around technology or having to learn a full rulebook. We provide a multigenerational way to play where everyone can interact, immerse, bond, compete, set challenges or cheat!”
SquareOne: a game not limited to the screen
Through patented technology, SquareOne solves the issue of identifying objects, as well as the gameboard’s physical importance: the traditional board games have been completely integrated into the experience; SquareOne screen is bordered by 26 dedicated slots that can be used by cardboard tiles and other connected toys to build specific playing areas and enlarge the gaming surface.
When placed on the console, cardboard tiles are detected and allow to automatically launch the associated game. Moreover, the console detects every dice roll and sends its value to the console through Bluetooth and NFC, while guiding players to their next move. The dice is completely passive, with no integrated battery and has a low production cost, which suits the needs of dice hungry board gamers.
The console’s brims are made of soft grip material that allows real cardboard, for player’s play zone, to be easily positioned around the console and, depending on the game, offer various gameplay insights and information to the players, such as, where to place their cards. These mixed materials distinguish the connected board game from a tablet to achieve a complete and new stand-alone object, reinforcing the unique mix of two universes: physical and digital.
Intuitive and interactive gameplay
Enhanced with artificial intelligence, the console adapts to the player according to his age and knowledge. Interactive tutorials avoid the reading of long game rules. The tedious tasks are made more comfortable: the counting of the points, the setting up and the running of the games. Games and universes can be changed at any time.
Games can be accessed directly through the board game console, which also enables players to record games, restart a match at any time, and set up profiles. During a match, each player can choose to play in one of the 32 languages available, surpassing intercultural barriers.
A catalogue of new interactive board games fits the emerging hybrid gameplay. Wizama partners with leading board game publishers, videogame studios and videogame schools such as Roberto Fraga, Atypique Studio, Sanuk Games, IIM, Pixel Wizards and Les Gobelins to offer a variety of experiences and the guarantee the release of exciting novelties. Games on release day will include:
Oya Stones: inspired by Snakes and Ladders, the game is played using a dice to advance and cards to attack or defend.
Chromacy: tactical game of conquest. Each player creates a strategy to move, attack opponents to gain the board and gain territory.
Krubera: tactical and chance game. Each player must simultaneously shoot on the blobs to acquire precious stones and win the match.
Cosmo Squabble: 2 vs 2 shooter that works with connected cards and evolves in a spatial and cartoon style universe.
Fistful of Screws: role game taking place in a junkyard where animals are the rulers. Players play these bizarre creatures and explore the junkyard by moving the pawn and using their action card.
19 x 16.62 x 1.22 inches / 482.4 x 422.1 x 31 mm
7 pounds / 3.2 kg
Multi-Touch display TFT-LCD active matrix 19-inch
Wide-viewing angle> 170° Hardless surface Anti-reflective
Computing Hexa-Core ARM
Capacity RAM 2GB Disk 64/128GB
Four speaker audio
Power and battery Built‐in rechargeable via power adapter; passive dice
1 micro USB port
Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n), Bluetooth 4.2 Low Energy and NFC (Near Field Communication) technology
32 languages: English (Australia, UK, U.S.), Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
Wizama will be available early summer 2019 at a suggested Retail Price of 499 $. The package includes 4 interactive pawns (blue, green, red, yellow), 54 magic cards, one smart dice, one wireless dice track and an AC power adapter.
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Grizzlies vs. Trailblazers 10/27/21 FREE NBA Picks and Predictions on NBA Betting Tips for Today October 27, 2021
- Today Football Prediction | 27/10/2021 | Betting Strategy | DAILY FOOTBALL PREDICTIONS October 27, 2021
- Arizona Cardinals vs Green Bay Packers Picks, Predictions and Odds | Thursday Night Football Preview October 27, 2021
- Jaguars vs Seahawks Predictions | NFL Odds, Free Picks & Best Bets for Week 8 October 27, 2021
- NFL Week 8 Game Picks and Betting Locks October 27, 2021
- 10/27/21 FREE NBA Picks and Predictions on NBA Betting Tips for Today October 27, 2021
- Clashes erupt at demonstration against Ecuadorian President Lasso in Quito October 27, 2021
- CA EDD Update Pending, Fraud, Audit, EDD’s Accountability Hearing With CA Assembly October 27, 2021
- Jetson One – Official Launch October 27, 2021
- Atlanta Braves World Series Game 1 win over Houston sends Braves fans home happy October 27, 2021
- Budget 2021: Robert Jenrick says there are ‘reasons to be optimistic’ October 27, 2021
- Oakland A’s Howard Terminal Update Alameda County Board Comments, Vote On TIF Revenue Agreement October 27, 2021
- 2023 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 First Look Up Close Details October 27, 2021
- Atlanta Braves vs. Houston Astros | 2021 World Series Game 1 News Update October 27, 2021
- CrossTalk | EU and China ‘frenemies’ October 27, 2021
- Learn how to create Khloe Kardashian’s ‘Candy Crush’ inspired nails October 27, 2021
- Mom is creepin’ it real this Halloween with larger-than-life DIY garage door monster October 27, 2021
- Why do some women wait decades for an ADHD diagnosis? – BBC News October 27, 2021
- Formal Dress For Men | Men’s Fashion | Formal Outfit For Men 2021 | Formal Pant Shirt Matching Ideas October 27, 2021
- Russell Wilson to the Saints and other NFL trades we’d love to see | Pro Football Talk | NBC Sports October 27, 2021
- NFL Week 8 Picks, Best Bets & Survivor Pool Selections w/ Cam Stewart | Against The Spread October 27, 2021
- All-New 2023 Corvette Z06 Reveal October 27, 2021
- NBA Top 10 Plays Of The Night | October 26, 2021 October 27, 2021
- Reaction To The San Jose Sharks 3-1 Loss At The Nashville Predators October 27, 2021
- A’s Clear Latest Hurdle in Howard Terminal Saga October 27, 2021
- A’s Waterfront Ballpark Move Still on Track After Supes Vote October 27, 2021
- Elizabeth Holmes Interviews Used as Evidence in Theranos Trial October 27, 2021
- Flood aftermath in Catania October 27, 2021
- HIGHLIGHTS | Arsenal vs Leeds United (2-0) | Carabao Cup | Super sub Chambers & Nketiah October 27, 2021
- FDA Panel Recommends Pfizer Vaccine For Kids Aged 5-11 October 27, 2021
- Luka Doncic with the BLOCK on Alperen Sengun 🔥 October 27, 2021
- Convicted sex offender served his time, neighbors concerned over release October 27, 2021
- Marin teen honored for vaccination advocacy October 27, 2021
- Senate Highlights Threats To Election Workers; Emphasizes Protections In Voting Bill October 27, 2021
- Alameda County Supervisors Vote “Yes” to Proceeding With the A’s Howard Terminal Ballpark Plan October 27, 2021
- Nevada vs Fresno State THRILLING Ending | 2021 College Football October 27, 2021
- Santee plane crash fundraiser October 27, 2021
- Fans gather at The Battery Atlanta to want game 1 in the World Series October 27, 2021
- Sunday’s historic storm put the new McKinley Water Vault to the test: How well did it work? October 27, 2021
- Trump Unpopularity In Virginia A Liability For Youngkin; McCauliffe Hopes To Benefit October 27, 2021